Magic Numbers for Playoff Seeding (Suns Clinched at least 2seed)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So what's the scenario now that the clippers lost? Do the Suns need to win out and Utah to lose one game to get the 1 seed?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
In theory if every team puts their best players on the floor and plays to win all season.

Competitive spirit has been dying a slow for some time. Guys make too much money, everyone is buddies, professional hatred doesn’t really exist anymore. Teams tank and even college players are load managing.

Not saying it’s true for everyone but it ain’t what it used to be and never will.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Think about it. Where were we just last year? With all the ups and downs this season, who would have thought we’d be here? We didn’t even know when or if the NBA was coming back May of last year.

Whatever happens I’m going to enjoy it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Think about it. Where were we just last year? With all the ups and downs this season, who would have thought we’d be here? We didn’t even know when or if the NBA was coming back May of last year.

Whatever happens I’m going to enjoy it.
It’s been an incredible regular season!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Competitive spirit has been dying a slow for some time. Guys make too much money, everyone is buddies, professional hatred doesn’t really exist anymore. Teams tank and even college players are load managing.

Not saying it’s true for everyone but it ain’t what it used to be and never will.

Yeah. No use swimming against the current.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really has not been much of a problem this season. Basically just a game or two for most teams.

suns have no one to blame but themselves. No way they should have lost that golden state game, or several others earlier in the season.

this.

and teams resting guys so that they can make sure they’re as healthy as possible for the playoffs isn’t anything new... for any sport. The only reason anyone here is complaining about it is because it could have an effect on us.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers have 2 very winnable games left and Portland has Denver still to play. Probably closer to 50/50 as to who between the Lakers and Blazers end up in the play in.

That being said if the Warriors can stay at that 8 spot I wouldn't be surprised if Steph goes nuclear for one game and they snag the 7 seed from the Lakers.

50/50? Denver has nothing to play for except to willingly set themselves up to the play the Lakers in the playoffs as opposed to the Mavs, which is what they’d be doing by going all out against Portland.

And the Lakers without LeBron or AD have a very winnable road game against a mediocre Pacers team?

Think that’s looking at the absolute BRIGHTEST side of the Sun and pretty unrealistic.

EDIT: I’m an idiot. Both LeBron and AD played and they’re up 11 in the 4th.

would still be surprised if Denver goes all out tomorrow. They can either stay at 4 snd have to go through Dallas and Utah to get to WCF or push to get to the 3 to try and face the Lakers and likely the Suns in the first two rounds. I know which path I’d rather take If I’m Denver.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
50/50? Denver has nothing to play for except to willingly set themselves up to the play the Lakers in the playoffs as opposed to the Mavs, which is what they’d be doing by going all out against Portland.

And the Lakers without LeBron or AD have a very winnable road game against a mediocre Pacers team?

Think that’s looking at the absolute BRIGHTEST side of the Sun and pretty unrealistic.

EDIT: I’m an idiot. Both LeBron and AD played and they’re up 11 in the 4th.

would still be surprised if Denver goes all out tomorrow. They can either stay at 4 snd have to go through Dallas and Utah to get to WCF or push to get to the 3 to try and face the Lakers and likely the Suns in the first two rounds. I know which path I’d rather take If I’m Denver.
If Denver doesn't want to win that game than I would expect them to sit their starters. If the starters play than they are definitely trying to win the game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Denver doesn't want to win that game than I would expect them to sit their starters. If the starters play than they are definitely trying to win the game.

I’d agree with that.

and I’m coming around to Giving Sacto a chance to win tomorrow. At least that’s a home game.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers shot almost double the free throws as the Pacers. Guess the NBA is Doing everything they can to keep Bronnie out of the playin game

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lakers shot almost double the free throws as the Pacers. Guess the NBA is Doing everything they can to keep Bronnie out of the playin game
Wonder why cheese and I don’t want to play the Lakers and refs in first round . . . hmm?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch, Sac wins, we rest our players and lose to San Antonio and lose chance at 1 seed.

This is why using the same strategy as today's game is best. Let the starters play three quarters and look at it as practice.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It should be pointed out that Utah is playing hours after us so them losing after we lose doesn't mean they would have lost if we won.

Not that I would want to give them the option anyways. We should be putting them into the must win position.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Wonder why cheese and I don’t want to play the Lakers and refs in first round . . . hmm?
I didn’t realize you were the only two and that the rest of us were hoping upon hope that we would get the Lakers in the first round. Hmm.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I think it would be more accurate to say that you guys cried about it more than anybody else. :D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It should be pointed out that Utah is playing hours after us so them losing after we lose doesn't mean they would have lost if we won.

Not that I would want to give them the option anyways. We should be putting them into the must win position.
Exactly

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn’t realize you were the only two and that the rest of us were hoping upon hope that we would get the Lakers in the first round. Hmm.
I think we are the only two targeted by Finito for taking that position. Certainly not claiming ownership of the idea.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose