Reaction score
Tom Clancy's Without Remorse

Release Date: April 30, 2021
Studio: Paramount Pictures, Amazon Prime Video
Director: Stefano Sollima
MPAA Rating: R for violence
Screenwriters: Akiva Goldsman, Taylor Sheridan
Genre: Drama, Action

Starring: Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell, Jodie Turner-Smith, Luke Mitchell, Jack Kesy, Brett Gelman, Colman Domingo, Guy Pearce, Lauren London, Jacob Scipio, Cam Gigadent, Cam Gigandet

Plot Summary: An elite Navy SEAL uncovers an international conspiracy while seeking justice for the murder of his pregnant wife in Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, the explosive origin story of action hero John Clark - one of the most popular characters in author Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan universe. When a squad of Russian soldiers kills his family in retaliation for his role in a top-secret op, Sr. Chief John Kelly (Michael B. Jordan) pursues the assassins at all costs. Joining forces with a fellow SEAL (Jodie Turner-Smith) and a shadowy CIA agent (Jamie Bell), Kelly's mission unwittingly exposes a covert plot that threatens to engulf the U.S. and Russia in an all-out war. Torn between personal honor and loyalty to his country, Kelly must fight his enemies without remorse if he hopes to avert disaster and reveal the powerful figures behind the conspiracy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dear God, this movie sucked. We wanted to give it a chance because MBJ is nails--and he was, his acting rocked--but this movie fell apart after half an hour. It bore very little resemblance not just to the book, but even to the heart of the book; how do you do a lone wolf revenge plot without a lone wolf? Aside from that, the first half an hour was really encouraging. Then...it's like the writers all had these ideas for action sequences and bad tropes, and they just mashed 'em together.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear God, this movie sucked. We wanted to give it a chance because MBJ is nails--and he was, his acting rocked--but this movie fell apart after half an hour. It bore very little resemblance not just to the book, but even to the heart of the book; how do you do a lone wolf revenge plot without a lone wolf? Aside from that, the first half an hour was really encouraging. Then...it's like the writers all had these ideas for action sequences and bad tropes, and they just mashed 'em together.

Didnt think it was bad. So you think the rest of the story was just bad or just bad action sequences?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Didnt think it was bad. So you think the rest of the story was just bad or just bad action sequences?

No, the action sequences were fine, but the story around it was garbage, and those action scenes became waaaaaaaay too long. My friend and I kept wondering when the interminable fight around the building would end...until we realized that was the movie's climax. That's it. Nothing in the least bit compelling there. So sad.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So they clearly didn't bother with the story line of the actual Clancy book Without Remorse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the action sequences were fine, but the story around it was garbage, and those action scenes became waaaaaaaay too long. My friend and I kept wondering when the interminable fight around the building would end...until we realized that was the movie's climax. That's it. Nothing in the least bit compelling there. So sad.

I fell asleep in the first twenty minutes. My dad (who LOVES Tom Clancy and anything even somewhat spy shoot Em up related) fell asleep IN THE CLIMAX.

this was truly awful.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thought it would be fun shoot shoot explosion nonsense. It was just nonsense and not even enjoyable nonsense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave