Kerryon Johnson waived

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When has Kerryon EVER been better than Conner? Maybe you are talking about him being better at playing Chinese checkers, because Conner has actually made a Pro Bowl, while Johnson has had a few good games over the years.

His rookie year he was better.

I am going by my eyes on the running backs ability to make yards themselves, not the yardage numbers they got because of great blocking - because that is not how you should grade a back. Running back is a position I watch a lot of because of fantasy. Conner has never been better than mediocre at best.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How is 4.8 YPC on 160 carries the last 2 years and 4.16 YPC on 285 carries the last 2 years "marginal NFL RB's"? Conner had 4.3 YPC last year behind one of the worst run blocking lines in the league.

You can argue they might be average, but saying they are barely NFL quality RB's is a bit much.

Logic falls down against emotional arguments bro.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Here is what it boils down to me.

Kerryon at his best, was far better than Conner at his best.

Considering the level of backs we have behind Conner, he is more than worth paying the min to and seeing what he has left.

Can you say this with a straight face, because I know I'm snickering at it.

By no stretch of the imagination is Kerryon Johnson better than James Conner.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
His rookie year he was better.

I am going by my eyes on the running backs ability to make yards themselves, not the yardage numbers they got because of great blocking - because that is not how you should grade a back. Running back is a position I watch a lot of because of fantasy. Conner has never been better than mediocre at best.

Ok so your EYES tell you this even though EVERY OTHER metric tells you this isn't right.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Except AJ Green was a borderline hall of Fame player...we KNOW he can do it at a high level.
Also no one had a good yards per catch average on that Bengals team last year. Green was 2nd with 11.1 and he had just 47 catches on 104 targets. Sounds like the QB just struggled to get catchable passes to him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Also no one had a good yards per catch average on that Bengals team last year. Green was 2nd with 11.1 and he had just 47 catches on 104 targets. Sounds like the QB just struggled to get catchable passes to him.

The stat I've seen is that only 49% of the balls thrown to AJ Green we're dubbed catchable.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
LOL you'd be comfortable picking up a nearly constantly injured guy? That's a first...
that’s ripe isn’t it? Not only often injured but has actually sucked the last two years…
Is he the solution to our RB1 woes? No.

But I wasn't averse to a flier on a guy that's 23 and has had some flashes. It doesn't matter anymore, but people can have a role on the team. It's just like I don't think Conner is any good, but for the cost and the sake of competition, I'm fine with him as a backup. Sadly, we just have backups.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except AJ Green was a borderline hall of Fame player...we KNOW he can do it at a high level.

we know he DID it at a high level. We have no idea if he can do it again as he’s gotten older and his body started breaking down... and then just looked like trash when healthy for an entire season last year.

say what you want about Fitz had down years too and then came back with a real QB... but Fitz never had any of the injury stuff like Green has had.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and yet the QB didn’t struggle nearly as much to get it to his younger WRs.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we know he DID it at a high level. We have no idea if he can do it again as he’s gotten older and his body started breaking down... and then just looked like trash when healthy for an entire season last year.

say what you want about Fitz had down years too and then came back with a real QB... but Fitz never had any of the injury stuff like Green has had.

You really should watch the video Krang posted and take the time... You keep saying the other WRs didn’t have the same issues with the QB getting them the ball. AJ Green after watching that breakdown was NOT the problem. It was 100% the QB. What the other WRs did with the routes they ran and balls thrown there way is irrelevant. The amount of trash thrown Greens way is BAD.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Ok so your EYES tell you this even though EVERY OTHER metric tells you this isn't right.
It's just another reason why fantasy football is taking over people's opinions of players. They look at fantasy drafts and possible points and say he can't help my fantasy team, so he is not good at football.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's just another reason why fantasy football is taking over people's opinions of players. They look at fantasy drafts and possible points and say he can't help my fantasy team, so he is not good at football.
Yet this board will say Malcolm Butler's going to be a great corner for us this year despite giving up literally the most receptions and yards of any CB last year.

:shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Except everyone else had solid catch rates. And Higgins averaged 13.6 yards.

Also this: average yards per catch:

Cincinnati: 10.2
Arizona: 10.6

not so different.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Except everyone else had solid catch rates. And Higgins averaged 13.6 yards.

Also this: average yards per catch:

Cincinnati: 10.2
Arizona: 10.6

not so different.
Hard to have a good catch rate when only like 50% of the throws to you are on target.

I'm guessing it's simply a lack of chemistry between Green and Burrow.

Also while we did have similar yards per catch numbers to the Bengals that has a lot to do with all the screens that Kliff is in love with calling. Kyler is good at throwing the deeper routes and that should absolutely help Green's average (assuming we don't try to use him for a bunch of bubble screen like we did with Fitz).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hard to have a good catch rate when only like 50% of the throws to you are on target.

I'm guessing it's simply a lack of chemistry between Green and Burrow.

Also while we did have similar yards per catch numbers to the Bengals that has a lot to do with all the screens that Kliff is in love with calling. Kyler is good at throwing the deeper routes and that should absolutely help Green's average (assuming we don't try to use him for a bunch of bubble screen like we did with Fitz).
We are absolutely going to throw a bunch of bubble screens to AJ. It’s kliff’s thang.