Draft Week Cardinal Rumors

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gambo 5 update ( assumes big 2 CBs and 3 WRs are gone)

Zaven Collins, LB Tulsa
Kwity Paye, Edge, Mich
AVT, G/T, USC
Trevon Moehring, S, TCU

last one in about 15 mins

he also says trade down odds > 50% ( this is worthless)
Moehring?wondered what the team thought of Thompsons.

If one of the Thompsons doesn’t start does that mean that the cardinals will not start a single player on either side of the ball that wasn’t either a 1st or 2nd round pick or free agent signing? That really shows how bad Keim’s later draft picks have been. Not a single diamond in the rough that became a keeper for this team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
his co host Dave Burns reacted to that with......."that would be...underwhelming"

final name:

Najee Harris, RB Alabama
That entire 5 is underwhelming.

zaven - okay. Seems like a later first round pick. Is he inside or outside linebacker?
Paye - not an exciting pass rusher and question the fit.
AVT - I’m good with oline, but I’m concerned he’s just not tough enough. not dominant, even at guard )which would be okay with me if he was).
Moehring - have admit I didn’t see safety on our radar so haven’t seen much of him. But I don’t see people talking him up as a ballhawk and that’s what this secondary is missing.
Najee - I like najee. I like him more in the 20s with another 2nd and/or 3rd+.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo also says if he had to guess Harris is the pick.

if that 5 is accurate I am praying for a trade down.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards better have Nelson waiting to sign after draft. Been forced into drafting cb to start in a win now year for organization is unacceptable. I don't think any of these rookies doing anything to stop a Lockette, Metcalf etc

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rumors are heating up that the Cardinals really want Waddle. We have such little draft capital I just don't see a trade happening. With no 3-5 round picks a trade for Waddle would cost us future picks which would put us in an even bigger hole building this team. Hicks needs to be replaced probably after the 2021 season, CJ is getting older & so is Watt & we really need a #1 CB. Our 2 CB's are only signed for next season. I know the cap will go back up in 2022 but with the age of key players on our defense, giving up draft capital will put us in a hole trying to replace them. Yes, I would love to draft Waddle but not at the expense of basically putting him on a credit card to pay off later. WR has been a deep position in the draft at least the last 2-3 years so there will be one to draft in 2022. I think we need to draft a #1 CB at 16 but who will be there actually. Farley has so many red flags with injuries & I believe Horn will be gone by 16 & Surtain definitely will be. Collins would be a good pick though imo, he can replace Hicks after next season & would be a good piece to add with Simmons at LB. Not sure how I feel about Newsome at CB? I've heard good things & bad things but he seems to be moving up the draft boards so what do I know lol?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards better have Nelson waiting to sign after draft. Been forced into drafting cb to start in a win now year for organization is unacceptable. I don't think any of these rookies doing anything to stop a Lockette, Metcalf etc

At least for a, rookie u have the benefit of the doubt

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumors are heating up that the Cardinals really want Waddle. We have such little draft capital I just don't see a trade happening. With no 3-5 round picks a trade for Waddle would cost us future picks which would put us in an even bigger hole building this team. Hicks needs to be replaced probably after the 2021 season, CJ is getting older & so is Watt & we really need a #1 CB. Our 2 CB's are only signed for next season. I know the cap will go back up in 2022 but with the age of key players on our defense, giving up draft capital will put us in a hole trying to replace them. Yes, I would love to draft Waddle but not at the expense of basically putting him on a credit card to pay off later. WR has been a deep position in the draft at least the last 2-3 years so there will be one to draft in 2022. I think we need to draft a #1 CB at 16 but who will be there actually. Farley has so many red flags with injuries & I believe Horn will be gone by 16 & Surtain definitely will be. Collins would be a good pick though imo, he can replace Hicks after next season & would be a good piece to add with Simmons at LB. Not sure how I feel about Newsome at CB? I've heard good things & bad things but he seems to be moving up the draft boards so what do I know lol?
I don’t think Keim is thinking about 2022. The seat he is on is getting hotter. I think we will draft two player that will have an immediate impact. That screams rb and Wr. If we could trade down 5 or 10 spots and in doing so pick up a 2nd round we could end up with a Wr like Toney, a rb like Williams and a cb like Stokes. I think most of us would be okay with this.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I heard the rationale for Moehring was that it would allow Baker to play more in the box with Moehring as the over the top ball hawk. But I too think the whole proposition sounds unlikely and underwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really can’t believe Keim is that much of a jackass(I can) to actually draft another off ball LB lol like how you can be so damn ignorant

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not crazy about taking a safety with our #16th pick. It currently is a position of strength and we have way too many other needs. Additionally, I feel there will be better players available when we pick.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Screams Keim 2nd rounder

"We thought he was the best corner, but we liked our first-round pick better"
"I was just amazed he fell this far"
"Our doctors cleared him, we feel comfortable"
"Here, I brought out our doctor to answer some questions"
You must be registered for see images attach

If it happens, I won't be upset, but pray that his back is structurally ok and any 'additional' surgery is somehow, someway, a minor cleanup. (or it's just disinfo to get the guy to slide)
hi dr nick

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t think Keim is thinking about 2022. The seat he is on is getting hotter. I think we will draft two player that will have an immediate impact. That screams rb and Wr. If we could trade down 5 or 10 spots and in doing so pick up a 2nd round we could end up with a Wr like Toney, a rb like Williams and a cb like Stokes. I think most of us would be okay with this.
I would be "Stoked" with those choices lol.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Wow. What is their plan?

Did they legit trade all those picks for #3 just to try to get Rodgers, knowing that the fallback plan is to draft the 3rd-5th best QB as the 3rd QB taken in the draft?

One where it's been rumored one side wants Jones and the other wants Lance? Thus they didn't even know what QB they wanted if Rodgers couldn't be had?

This is a big boy move to make especially without a solid plan. I get they could of said if we can't get Rodgers we're fine with a choice between Jones/Lance/etc, but that seems really dangerous to stake so much on a pool of players instead of one you are laser focused on.

Of course, these are all rumors and might be completely false all around and the Niners get the exact QB they made the trade for.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow. What is their plan?

Did they legit trade all those picks for #3 just to try to get Rodgers, knowing that the fallback plan is to draft the 3rd-5th best QB as the 3rd QB taken in the draft?

One where it's been rumored one side wants Jones and the other wants Lance? Thus they didn't even know what QB they wanted if Rodgers couldn't be had?

This is a big boy move to make especially without a solid plan. I get they could of said if we can't get Rodgers we're fine with a choice between Jones/Lance/etc, but that seems really dangerous to stake so much on a pool of players instead of one you are laser focused on.

Of course, these are all rumors and might be completely false all around and the Niners get the exact QB they made the trade for.
I think they’ve known exactly which QB they’ve wanted the whole time and are just having some fun with the process...

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumors are heating up that the Cardinals really want Waddle. We have such little draft capital I just don't see a trade happening. With no 3-5 round picks a trade for Waddle would cost us future picks which would put us in an even bigger hole building this team. Hicks needs to be replaced probably after the 2021 season, CJ is getting older & so is Watt & we really need a #1 CB. Our 2 CB's are only signed for next season. I know the cap will go back up in 2022 but with the age of key players on our defense, giving up draft capital will put us in a hole trying to replace them. Yes, I would love to draft Waddle but not at the expense of basically putting him on a credit card to pay off later. WR has been a deep position in the draft at least the last 2-3 years so there will be one to draft in 2022. I think we need to draft a #1 CB at 16 but who will be there actually. Farley has so many
I’m sorry but that’s hilarious if true, doesn’t hurt to try though I guess lol
Wow. What is their plan?

Maybe they just regret about the trade they made, getting more info on the other qb's available raised some doubts in their minds

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose