Draft Week Cardinal Rumors

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This obviously changes things for me as well. I, like most "not in the know" were under the assumption that doctors were clearing him. If they think he'll need additional surgeries then his back must be made of glass.

that’s the thing... once you’ve already gotten TWO, the back is a ticking time bomb. There definitely are examples of guys getting passed those surgeries. Right now Michael Porter is beasting in the NBA after several back surgeries that took him completely out of college and most of his first season. It’s just that the odds of the back staying stable with repeated surgeries just ain’t good, even if you’re not playing a contact sport.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
that’s the thing... once you’ve already gotten TWO, the back is a ticking time bomb. There definitely are examples of guys getting passed those surgeries. Right now Michael Porter is beasting in the NBA after several back surgeries that took him completely out of college and most of his first season. It’s just that the odds of the back staying stable with repeated surgeries just ain’t good, even if you’re not playing a contact sport.

Agree with this. Wouldn't take him in the draft or FA. Already have a CB that will probably break/tear something his first practice, don't need another one.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim's ears just pricked up

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Screams Keim 2nd rounder

"We thought he was the best corner, but we liked our first-round pick better"
"I was just amazed he fell this far"
"Our doctors cleared him, we feel comfortable"
"Here, I brought out our doctor to answer some questions"
You must be registered for see images attach

If it happens, I won't be upset, but pray that his back is structurally ok and any 'additional' surgery is somehow, someway, a minor cleanup. (or it's just disinfo to get the guy to slide)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screams Keim 2nd rounder

"We thought he was the best corner, but we liked our first-round pick better"
"I was just amazed he fell this far"
"Our doctors cleared him, we feel comfortable"
"Here, I brought out our doctor to answer some questions"
You must be registered for see images attach

If it happens, I won't be upset, but pray that his back is structurally ok and any 'additional' surgery is somehow, someway, a minor cleanup. (or it's just disinfo to get the guy to slide)

there's no such thing as "minor cleanup" back surgery, especially a 3RD back surgery. and structurally, his back is already not okay and never really will be after two surgeries. it may be better than the pain that's necessitated two back surgeries, but it's never going to be structurally sound again. no dealing with a broken bone that heals completely. backs and discs ain't like that.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's my thought.

P.S. Do you receive the NFL Network in the UK?

No. We have a Sky sports NFL channel where we get GMFB and PFT live plus a bunch of Sky's own programming.

I can get NFL network though on Gamepass which I subscribe to for all games.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
my take is that he is built like a 4-3 DE-- 6-4, 275. I think his NFL comp is Brandon Graham of the Eagles. A really good player, but not a OLB.

Also -- he doesnt really drop into coverage at all. not that Card OLBs do it a lot, but they are asked to do it.

i think if the Cards took him, its more likely that they make him a 3-4 DE like Zach Allen

all that said, its not like i make a living at this....
6'2 261 official at his pro day.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not much and if you want to move up you have to overpay.
16. (TRADE) Baltimore Ravens - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

The Ravens take a huge swing at securing what they believe is the second best WR in this year’s class. Do not discount their ties to the Alabama program and the fact that they are now equipped with two first round picks.

In the AFC, you have to go for it and the Ravens understand that. As we’ve seen in Arizona, Justin Murray is more than capable of filling in on the right side.

Baltimore receives: Pick 16, 49, OT Justin Murray
Arizona receives: Pick 27, 31, 94, 171

27. Arizona Cardinals – Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota

Keim and company pass on a chance to draft the undersized (and electric) Jaylen Waddle and instead go for the supremely gifted Bateman in a trade down.

Bateman, at 6’2/210, is the perfect compliment to Hopkins long term on the outside. His size and speed combination has been sorely lacking in this offense.

31. Arizona Cardinals – Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

Dream scenario for Arizona as they secure their preferred first round rusher to pair with Rashod Bateman.

It’s a new offensive era in the desert and Kyler Murray is absolutely here for it.

From ROTB, but still

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With all the pub that SF is getting with their #3 pick, and the possible/probable loss of Larry, I think that the team will feel that they have to pick an 'exciting' player at #16. So for me that means a WR (probably) or a RB (possibly), in an attempt to gain some positive press. JMO.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

this is a reference to Waddle's draft slot in the betting markets

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the pub that SF is getting with their #3 pick, and the possible/probable loss of Larry, I think that the team will feel that they have to pick an 'exciting' player at #16. So for me that means a WR (probably) or a RB (possibly), in an attempt to gain some positive press. JMO.

I think the main thing is we need more playmakers and it's a WR heavy draft. And even if you are optimistic, like me, that maybe AJ Green has a better year than the last 2, we still have basically Hopkins and nobody else under contract beyond that. Green and Kirk at the end of their contracts. So if you get a chance to get Waddle or Smith, you have to strongly consider taking them so you have at least 2 guys under contract going into the following season.

Puts less pressure on you.

The hope is obviously Kirk in a contract year balls out and stays healthy and doesn't drop multiple TD passes again, and Andy figures out how to play in the NFL. But i think it's more likely that at most 1 of those guys is on the team the following season

You can even make a case for an OL in round 1 and Rondale Moore in round 2 for the same reason.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score
Gambo 5 update ( assumes big 2 CBs and 3 WRs are gone)

Zaven Collins, LB Tulsa
Kwity Paye, Edge, Mich
AVT, G/T, USC
Trevon Moehring, S, TCU

last one in about 15 mins

he also says trade down odds > 50% ( this is worthless)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo 5 update ( assumes big 2 CBs and 3 WRs are gone)

Zaven Collins, LB Tulsa
Kwity Paye, Edge, Mich
AVT, G/T, USC
Trevon Moehring, S, TCU

last one in about 15 mins

he also says trade down odds > 50% ( this is worthless)

If we take a safety at 16 I am going to lose my poop

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have exactly one guy in the Gambo 5 I would want to take. Ugh

Edit: Two with Harris

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score
a couple thoughts:

in years past, Gambo would intimate that his Cardinal sources were driving this information. This year, I am not getting that vibe.

also:

these are five players that teams in the 14-24 slots have all been linked to in varying degrees.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose