Suns @ Celtics Thursday game thread 4-22-2021

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Dario has always been limited athletically but during earlier in the season he looked so confident and in control. Maybe it’s a mental thing?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Expected ups and downs with DA and Dario.

If Booker Booker continues to sputter we'll be in real trouble. I wonder if his play has anything to do with Paul taking the alpha dog spot. Booker went from being top dog to being a clear second fiddle. I get the feeling he is pressing everything, trying too hard. Everything you hear is how Paul is the man and took the suns too the next level. Its got to weigh on Booker.
Booker was playing very well and leading us to wins as little as like 2 weeks ago. He is simply going through a slump and part of it is probably getting different looks from the defense than he was seeing earlier and will now have to adjust.

Just 10 days ago he finished a 9 games stretch of averaging 31 and the team going 8-1, or a 31 game stretch averaging 28 and the team going 25-6. His struggles have really just been the last 6 games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Kemba Walker plays against the Suns but rests in the Celtics loss to the Nets Friday night.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Kemba Walker plays against the Suns but rests in the Celtics loss to the Nets Friday night.

We've been lucky all year with our opponents stars missing our match ups. Most players nursing injuries will miss the second game in back to backs, not the first. I won't let Kemba sitting on night 2 of bother me.

You can't win them all.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We've been lucky all year with our opponents stars missing our match ups. Most players nursing injuries will miss the second game in back to backs, not the first. I won't let Kemba sitting on night 2 of bother me.

You can't win them all.

It's the logic that bothers me a bit. The Celtics are a playoff team in the East. I would think they would rest him against the Suns so he could play against the Nets.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

You can't win them all.

Seems like we’ve lost some games against teams on their 2nd leg of b2b’s as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the logic that bothers me a bit. The Celtics are a playoff team in the East. I would think they would rest him against the Suns so he could play against the Nets.

The logic makes sense to me. If a player is nursing an injury and feels good enough to play, you play them while they're ready. If they're not available for the second game then that sucks but at least you had them for a game. There's no telling how Kemba would feel after the first game against us. He might have felt fine for the second game but he didn't. Youre looking ahead at the schedule when teams look toward their next game, not the game after their next.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The logic makes sense to me. If a player is nursing an injury and feels good enough to play, you play them while they're ready. If they're not available for the second game then that sucks but at least you had them for a game. There's no telling how Kemba would feel after the first game against us. He might have felt fine for the second game but he didn't. Youre looking ahead at the schedule when teams look toward their next game, not the game after their next.

I would think teams are looking at the playoffs as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose