Justin Fields medical news

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Fields doctors notified all the NFL teams that Fields has eplilepsy and has been dealing with it for a couple of years. They assured them there's a history in his family of people having it and "outgrowing" it and so far it has not impacted his football games.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently this became public today but NFL teams have known for a bit and there's speculation that's the real reason Mac Jones has suddenly been mentioned as going much higher, teams who were considering Fields that high are now a bit scared so they decided Jones was the next man up.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if this hurts field's draft rank.

Definitely good to be fully healthy as a rookie scrambling qb in nfl

I'm a bull dog fan was raised in Georgia so always up bull dog player's do well

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Apparently this became public today but NFL teams have known for a bit and there's speculation that's the real reason Mac Jones has suddenly been mentioned as going much higher, teams who were considering Fields that high are now a bit scared so they decided Jones was the next man up.
Jones is going 3 to Niners, because he can step in from day 1 and be as good, if not better than, as Jimmy G. He’s the safest, ready made QB for Shanny’s offense. Fields would need a bit of time to develop in that offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jones is going 3 to Niners, because he can step in from day 1 and be as good, if not better than, as Jimmy G. He’s the safest, ready made QB for Shanny’s offense. Fields would need a bit of time to develop in that offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know it's really hard to say. He played with NFL talent all over the field at Alabama, if you watch highlights he's not throwing guys open he's throwing to wide open guys.

Also a huge part of the Shanahan offense is misdirection and then putting the QB in a position to boot if the defense doesn't cover it. the problem is nobody is going to bother to cover Mac Jones on boots because he's not a threat to run it. I know they're saying he looked more mobile in his 2nd pro day but that was the problem with his first one, everyone there said he looked "immobile". He's good at fakes and stuff like that which is a staple of Shanny's system, but the fakes only work if they believe you're going to run. You can have the best pump fake in the game but if nobody thinks you can shoot they won't go for the fake, that's going to be the issue for Jones in that misdirection game IMO.

Everything I've heard locally is Fields blew the 49ers away at his pro day, 4.4 40 and they said in a normal draft he'd have the strongest arm too it's just that Lawrence is in this draft.

But if he has a medical concern, and it appears he does, drafting him that high has risk

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But if he has a medical concern, and it appears he does, drafting him that high has risk

If fields was why they blew all that draft capital to move up, don’t they still have to take him?

Not that it matters, neither Fields nor Jones nor Lance are going to pan out relative to that the niners gave up to get that spot.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If fields was why they blew all that draft capital to move up, don’t they still have to take him?

Not that it matters, neither Fields nor Jones nor Lance are going to pan out relative to that the niners gave up to get that spot.

It almost sounds like they probably knew about this before the trade.

Maybe they sensed with Fields having a medical issue the pressure to get a QB was going to increase as one of the top guys might fall. So they think if the top 4 picks COULD be QB's, we need to get up to at least 3 or we're going to have to choose between Fields and the last guy of the top 4. If we pick 3rd we get TWO choices plus Fields. I have no idea but it sounds like this news was available to the teams awhile ago just became public this week.

They all have talent and that offense is QB friendly I just don't think he moves well enough to be a running threat so I am not convinced Jones is their guy