New TV deal in 2023

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that would not be an obstacle for Prime to deliver service to bars. All they would have to do is change the limits on how many devices a bar could stream to at once and just charg them a different fee for doing so. All it would take is changing the number of MAC addresses are allowed to stream off the service if I'm not mistaken.
I am fairly certain bars could just use hdmi splitters to solve this problem, however let’s be honest: Internet consistency is a much bigger concern here. Satellite and hard cable is still the best method to ensure you don’t have furious patrons when everyone logs on to stream the same playoff game.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
You don't need to run an hdmi cable, you just need wifi, and a fire stick. It takes 5 minutes to setup per TV. Pretty sure bars can figure it out.

Why would I want to go from a 4k av/matrix with rs232 communication to all devices and a full bar touchscreen remote that any staff member can handle back to the stone age?

Here ya go, here's 40 individual remotes back bartenders!

Hey, and you patrons that use tunity to listen to your game with headphones, enjoy the new audio sync issue as well.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
The bars/Amazon will figure it out. they’re not going to lose out on the spurts bar revenue.
I'm pretty sure that would not be an obstacle for Prime to deliver service to bars. All they would have to do is change the limits on how many devices a bar could stream to at once and just charge them a different fee for doing so. All it would take is changing the number of MAC addresses are allowed to stream off the service if I'm not mistaken.

controlling the system is the issue.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
The Amazon thing is pants-on-head stupid. Bars and other establishments don't have streaming/Amazon Prime services. Getting together with buddies to watch the game is half the fun, not sitting by yourself at your computer watching it at your desk.

From a bar owners perspective with 20+ screens you are absolutely correct.

This is going to be a nightmare of source/sink control.

I don't want to go from this control back to the stone age. Too cumbersome and I'll just drop sundayticket

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
I am fairly certain bars could just use hdmi splitters to solve this problem, however let’s be honest: Internet consistency is a much bigger concern here. Satellite and hard cable is still the best method to ensure you don’t have furious patrons when everyone logs on to stream the same playoff game.

HDMI splitters only share the same source across multiple televisions. I wouldn't want televisions locked to the same signal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose