MadCards 2021 Cardinal Mock Draft V1.0

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a crazy 12 months and I haven't had much time to do my usual Cardinals mock draft so here it goes.

To start with I have no problem with Keim using draft capitol to trade for marquee players like Hopkins and Hudson. With that said I do believe that the Cardinals would like to add another day 2 pick if they can find a trade partner in the first round. For this exercise I'm staying with the current picks. Here is my Cardinal Mock v1.0 assuming that the Cardinals say put.

You must be registered for see images attach

Round 1: No. 16 - Caleb Farley CB V.Tech
6'2" 197lbs

With PP moving on the Cardinals need all the help that they can get in the defensive backfield. Farley fits the mold of what the Cardinals look for in a CB. Farley is a Long CB with great speed and ball skills. He adds instant depth to a position that has major concerns. With so many teams using multiple WR sets, Farley sees the field on day one for the Cardinals.

Round 2: No. 49 - Rondale Moore WR Purdue
5'9" 180lbs

I fell in love with Moore after his amazing freshman season. Injuries and Covid have put a damper on him since. Still I believe that he is an explosive playmaker who is lightning fast and can be used in may ways. He is like Kyler in the open field and incredibly difficult to tackle. Plus he has the speed to take the top off a defense. Another weapon for Kyler to grow with although both have peaked out height wise.

Round 5: No. 160 - Jaret Patterson RB Buffalo
5'7" 195lbs

I'm still not comfortable with the RB position and Patterson would shore it up. This kid is built so low to the ground he is impossible to take down. He doesn't dance around or hesitate and hits the hole with authority. In just six games for 2020, the Buffalo running back rushed for 1,072 yards and 19 touchdowns. As a bonus Kyler will finally be able to look down at a teammate for once.

Round 6: No. 223 - Larry Borom G Mizzou
6'6" 325lbs

Borom is a mauller who played OT in College but most likely will need to slide into G in the NFL. He would add some youth and versatility to the Cardinals OL.

Round 7: No. 243 - Demar Hamilin S Pitt
6'1" 200lbs

Hard hitting safety with good length. Will provide additional depth to the Cardinals defensive backfield. Plus with Fitz most likely retiring it's time for another player from Pitt to join the Cardinals.

Round 7: No. 247 - Kylen Granson TE SMU
6'2" 241lbs

Granson is a pass catching TE who would fill the roll that Dan Arnold had last season. His athleticism makes him a matchup problem for LBs. While he is more of a receiving TE he isn't afraid to get down and dirty in the blocking game.

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would be ecstatic with this draft. Give me Farley and Moore and the rest is gravy.

It wont surprise me at all if Rondale Moore is the OROTY. The dude is electric.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
1. If we don't get one of the top 4 RB's (NH, TE, & the 2 NC RB's), we should pass on RB's all together IMO. This seems to me to be a very poor draft for RB's.
2. I don't think we should draft a late round O-Lineman. What more do we need to see about Keim's inability to project and draft late round lineman?
3. Moore seems like a perfect Keim pick. I don't think he sees the field much even if Fitz retires. Then when he does...... he probably gets knicked up in this division.

My preference seems to be:
1. One of the three CB's in round 1. OR.... If Smith falls to 16. History tells us that one of the 3 WR's will drop.
2. An interior guy OL guy in Rd 2 like Brown or Humphrey.
3. Defense the rest of the way. Maybe a fast as lightning WR if one drops.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love first two picks but then again who wouldn't. I hope Keim doesn't get cute if Farley is on the board at #16 and reach for a WR not named Chase or Smith or a RB like Harris or Etienne. As much as I wouldn't mind a pass rusher I hope we don't take Jaelen Phillips at #16, just take one in second round. If we don't take a WR in Round 2 I would be after Seth Williams in Round 5.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'd come out of this shrugging my shoulders and not mad or happy.

I think Farley is going to take some work and will be really rough as a rookie, but I like his long term chances. I don't have any particular worry about Moore, but I just have a tough time generating enthusiasm for taking a 3rd WR in the 2nd, given Keim's recent track record and the other needs this team has.

I don't see a point at all in drafting an RB in the late rounds. History shows they almost all flame out and contribute nothing to the team. I'd rather grab a WR with speed or TE. No problem otherwise.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading the tea-leaves: various Cardinal moves seem to be zeroing in on our not being tempted to draft the wrong guy so we can grab a quality CB with our #16. pick. Where things get dicey are if we think the top 3 corners are likely to be gone when we pick. Do we try to move up a couple of spots? Or do we opt instead for an OL at #16?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading the tea-leaves: various Cardinal moves seem to be zeroing in on our not being tempted to draft the wrong guy so we can grab a quality CB with our #16. pick. Where things get dicey are if we think the top 3 corners are likely to be gone when we pick. Do we try to move up a couple of spots? Or do we opt instead for an OL at #16?

Cards are not drafting an OL in the first round. I would bet big money on it.

They have Murray, Winters, Garcia, Galliard and Jones. One will get the RG spot, and the rest are more than adequate as backups.

Cards will draft either CB, WR, or LB with the first pick.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaret Patterson is my draft sleeper. I just love watching this kid run the ball and the way he accelerates through the hole. Then once he is in the open field he is just so hard to bring down. He kind of reminds me of MJD coming out of UCLA.

Freshman and Soph Highlights:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

2020 Highlights:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jaret Patterson is my draft sleeper. I just love watching this kid run the ball and the way he accelerates through the hole. Then once he is in the open field he is just so hard to bring down. He kind of reminds me of MJD coming out of UCLA.

Freshman and Soph Highlights:

2020 Highlights:

Im in with any RB that runs hard in the 5th or later.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Farley has always been the CB that I think the Cardinals liked the most. I’ve had him at 16 from day 1. Barring more injuries, and that’s always possible, I think he’ll be the best corner in this draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose