IF Cards gave our R1 & some combo of '22s Rs 1, 2, &/or 3, who would they be trading up for?

Who do you think if available, Keim and Cards would give that much up for?

• Slater, OT/OG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pitts, TE

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Surtain, CB

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Smith, WR

• Parsons, LB

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Chase, WR

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Sewell, OT

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
IF they made this deal right before or during the draft moving up into the 5-9 range, who would you think Keim they desire this much and feel is worth it. I make this into a poll, so as to pretend who all would be available to choose from.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
IF they made this deal right before or during the draft moving up into the 5-9 range, who would you think Keim they desire this much and feel is worth it. I make this into a poll, so as to pretend who all would be available to choose from.
Don’t we have a ton of guys out of contact after this year? I wouldn’t be mortgaging future picks.

But the answer is Pitts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First off it would be a really dumb thing to do, we need more young players not fewer. But if they were going to do it, the only two that make the slightest bit of sense to me would be Pitts or Chase

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would only trade more next years 3rd for a player that’s proven in the league. Only a QB is worth that to move up for that and obviously we don’t need one. If you told me that we made this trade then it better be for Pitts or Chase, but I wouldn’t agree with it.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would be thrilled to get Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Slater, or Surtain, even if it costs us an extra 2nd or 3rd next year. All these would make a huge improvement to our WR corp and offense, Running game and protection for Murray, or a solid starting CB for years to come.

I am tired of mediocre players we keep settling for in the draft. I wouldn't give up next year's R1 for a OLman, but would love to get one of the other 3 even if it costs us that. I would expect next year's R1 to be much lower than this year's if we got one of these guys. And it would be wonderful to replace a PP or LF with someone similar in their youthful prime. You don't get a player like that without moving up high in a draft. And that kind of players build a winning team.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I do not understand all the love for Pitts. Yes, he is a great receiver for a tight end and the freak of an athlete. But he is a liability in the run game so how does this make him any different from a big receiver. I don’t think he’s going to be a bust but I don’t think he’s going to be as amazing as everyone else thinks he’s going to be. A LB like Parsons can have a much bigger impact on the game than a TE.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I do not understand all the love for Pitts. Yes, he is a great receiver for a tight end and the freak of an athlete. But he is a liability in the run game so how does this make him any different from a big receiver. I don’t think he’s going to be a bust but I don’t think he’s going to be as amazing as everyone else thinks he’s going to be. A LB like Parsons can have a much bigger impact on the game than a TE.
His measurements and speed are very close to Calvin Johnson's. From what experts say, he's not just a great receiver for a tight end, he's a great receiver period. Of course there's never a guarantee, but people think he's going to be VERY special.

I'm actually afraid the 49ers use their #3 pick on Pitts, instead of picking up a QB that could easily bust out. Putting him and Kittle on the field at the same time would be a nightmare for our defense. They already use 2 TE sets a lot in their offense.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His measurements and speed are very close to Calvin Johnson's. From what experts say, he's not just a great receiver for a tight end, he's a great receiver period. Of course there's never a guarantee, but people think he's going to be VERY special.

I'm actually afraid the 49ers use their #3 pick on Pitts instead of picking up a QB that could easily bust out. Putting him and Kittle on the field at the same time would be a nightmare for our defense. They already use 2 TE sets a lot in their offense.
Eh Pitts 40 was a tenth of second slower than Calvin and it was an unofficial time, so I take it with a grain a salt - it could be two tenths slower. Either one is a big difference.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends where they trade up to. Only 2 trades I see as even remotely possible, is Pitts if top 5, or Horn/Surtain if top 12.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only guy I would trade up for would be Chase. I think hes the best WR prospect of the last 2 years.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the argument for doing it:

its the equivalent of the Falcons getting Julio Jones. They gave up a ton to get him, but they got a HOF dominant receiver in return. I doubt they regret that trade. They also went to the SB and should have won it.

so you would have to believe that whomever they are moving up for is a Julio Jones type player-- be it Pitts or Chase, etc

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose