Wizards @ Suns Saturday game thread 4-10-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns begin a five game home stand starting with the Wizards on Saturday. They play the Rockets on Monday, Heat on Tuesday, Kings on Thursday and the Spurs on Saturday.

After that they embark on a tough five game road trip. Needless to say, the Suns need to have a good home stand.

Wizards are 18-32 and are on a six game road trip. They have split the first two games of the trip losing to Toronto and beating the Magic. The Wizards play at the Warriors tonight.

Suns are 36-15 after having their seven game winning streak broken by the Clippers on Thursday night.

The game will be televised by Bally Sports Arizona.

Start time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abdel Nader remains OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m gonna be like a broken record here... with a BRUTAL road trip coming up only two be immediately followed with two home games against the Clippers and Utah, we need to sweep this five game home stand to give us a little cushion/room for error.

these are all winnable games. After this stretch we are on the road for 12 of our last 16 games. Gotta make hay when we can here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abdel Nader remains OUT.

So glad we got Torrey Craig. His addition makes Nader's absence much less of an issue. He has a little more size and savvy thar allows him to play the 4 also.

Of course I want to see Nader back because I think he's a better offensive player than Craig, primarily because of his slashing to the basket, but we have the depth now to allow him to heal up completely before returning.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So glad we got Torrey Craig. His addition makes Nader's absence much less of an issue. He has a little more size and savvy thar allows him to play the 4 also.

Of course I want to see Nader back because I think he's a better offensive player than Craig, primarily because of his slashing to the basket, but we have the depth now to allow him to heal up completely before returning.

I'm beginning to be a bit concerned about Nader. He has been out 10 games now. He is a player that can get minutes for the Suns.

Craig is a welcome rotation player at the forward position. Without him the Suns would be short on depth at this position.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wizards beat the Warriors tonight 110-107. So they'll be on the 2nd night of a back to back against the Suns.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns better win this darnit lol.... if they fail to may get rough before poffs begin

Fingers crossed suns magic stun the wizards!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns have to play intense basketball tonight and not let the Wizards offense get rolling. And this time the Wizards have Westbrook.

If one wants a reminder about their last meeting, look at the box score from the Suns loss at the Wizards. Beal seems to enjoy playing against Booker.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401267312

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what the Western Conference is looking like with the assistance of Duane Rankin.

The Suns do not own the tiebreakers between the Clippers and Nuggets. The Nuggets have won 8 straight and do not show any signs of losing.

Those two overtime losses to the Nuggets in Phoenix still hurt.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is what the Western Conference is looking like with the assistance of Duane Rankin.

The Suns do not own the tiebreakers between the Clippers and Nuggets. The Nuggets have won 8 straight and do not show any signs of losing.

Those two overtime losses to the Nuggets in Phoenix still hurt.

Ugh still sucks lost to clips thought might win with paul being a ex clip oh well need to beat the not so good teams but not many left on schedule....

Glad suns are a bunch of gms over .500 eases the stress as a fan a little

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradley Beal and Davis Bertans are OUT tonight. Count me relieved.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradley Beal and Davis Bertans are OUT tonight. Count me relieved.

Is anyone else tired of seeing the Suns playing teams who are missing their best players?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else tired of seeing the Suns playing teams who are missing their best players?

I am... until I look at the schedule down the stretch. Bank wins now while we can because I think we’re gonna see everyone’s best the last 16 games that are going to be brutal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the starters for tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I welcome it after the Suns played tough back-to-back games against the Jazz and Clippers. That doesn't mean the Suns can come out with less than maximum effort.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nearing time for tip-off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul with Suns first basket with free throw line shot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose