Suns @ Clippers Thursday game thread 4-8-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish there was more time to enjoy the Suns win over the Jazz but they play at the Clippers on Thursday. It's the second night of back-to-back games for Phoenix.

Clippers are 34-18 and have won their last two games over the Lakers and Trail Blazers. They are 8-2 in their last ten games.

After beating the Jazz on Wednesday, the Suns move to 36-14. They still trail first place Utah by 1.5 games in the West but only have one more loss.

Suns have won seven games in a row.

The game will be televised on TNT. Hopefully everyone gets to watch the nationally televised game.

Start time is again scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add the Suns are 9-1 in their last ten games.

Actually they have won 10 of their last 11 games. Let's keep it going.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still recovering from jazz gm lol now another hard gm vs clips

Hope paul wants revenge on clipps or paperclips as barkly says haha

Go suns!!! Looking for more domiayton and super dario

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We owe them from that game at the beginning of the season where they sprinted out to a 31 point lead and held on at the end while talking lots of trash to us.

a W tonight would go a long way towards really cementing the division title for us.

Which would have been such a ridiculous thing to say would happen a year ago today.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abdel Nader remains OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
As a Clippers fan it's been frustrating having 3 and 4 starters out seemingly for most of the season. They are finally back to full strength, except for Serge Ibaka who is still out. Should be a good game!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a Clippers fan it's been frustrating having 3 and 4 starters out seemingly for most of the season. They are finally back to full strength, except for Serge Ibaka who is still out. Should be a good game!
Do u miss blake griffin as fan at all? Remember when suns fans wanted him

Cool clips have a good record though

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh nadar was awesome hope he is rdy for poffs much needed tough def bench player

Nader has been out so long I'm beginning to wonder about his future this season.

I hope the Suns are just being cautious and he can return sometime before the playoffs.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Do u miss blake griffin as fan at all? Remember when suns fans did

Cool clips have a good record though

At first I was bummed, but the trade was a big win for the Clips and eventually allowed the team to have the assets to pull off the Leonard and George combo.

I really missed Chris Paul though, love that guy. Glad the Suns have him now, except when you play the Clips :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge Ibaka remains out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At first I was bummed, but the trade was a big win for the Clips and eventually allowed the team to have the assets to pull off the Leonard and George combo.

I really missed Chris Paul though, love that guy. Glad the Suns have him now, except when you play the Clips :)
Yea crazy how paul and a few bench players with book turned suns round in a hurry also monty helps

Maybe we will have a new poff discussion suns vs clips!

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
River, I love ya dude... except tomorrow... and whenever we play the Clippers. On those days, you can ***! :D

Ha, as it should be! But you'll be cursing me and the Clippers tonight, not tomorrow. Tip off is in less than 3 hours.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nader has been out so long I'm beginning to wonder about his future this season.

I hope the Suns are just being cautious and he can return sometime before the playoffs.

I have a feeling Torrey Craig has taken all his minutes anyway. I really doubt he would play even if healthy. Monty values D above all else.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling Torrey Craig has taken all his minutes anyway. I really doubt he would play even if healthy. Monty values D above all else.

kinda agree. but he's good depth if injuries abound.

very happy to see Cam round back into early season form. i was really scared he was going to drop dead on the court and would never return this season after covid.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If healthy, I think Nader will get minutes. He is a very versatile player. The Suns could have used him last night with Bridges having an off game. He is a great change of pace player and does a little bit of everything. I like the way he attacks the basket.

I've now come to look at Craig as a backup 4 behind Crowder.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Lakers vs Miami game? Miami looks good with Oladipo. Pat Riley's ability to restock that team with talent is second to none. That team is going to upset some teams in the playoffs again.

Really like Precious Achuwia also. I wanted the Suns to take him but it is what it is. He's having a solid outing tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can so see Kelly Oubre in a Heat uniform. Those uniforms are made for his style of play.

He would fit the Miami lifestyle as well.