Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever CP3 does, it has to be in his own best interest and in the interest of the other players he represents with the players union. Taking a longer deal, for less per year but more guaranteed, is a lucrative deal. I don't think the Suns would have a problem coming up with an offer that beats anyone else. The problem would be if there are other factors that would mitigate. He bought a house in Encino CA last May. I do believe that is where his family is living now. He sold a house in Houston in January for 11 million. Maybe he will buy a house in Phoenix, maybe he already has. If he has, it hasnt hit the news yet.

So. Going back to LA could be an option to be home. But I cannot see him going back to the Clippers, and I do not see him fitting well (personality wise) with LeBron. The Suns would probably offer him the most lucrative deal. So being the President of the NBPA works in the Suns favor. He would not be as likely to take less money for convenience or competition because of his role with the union.

Also, was doing a little research. The NBPA is incorporated in NY as a non-profit. I kinda expected that. But also, the NBA itself is also incorporated in NY as a non-profit. You lawyer types probably understand that better than me. I am sure each team is also incorporated separately as a for-profit company, but the league office is rolling in the dough I assume.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Paul plays after next year it will not be with the Suns, They need to sign Ayton, Bridges and bring in another younger stud.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Paul plays after next year it will not be with the Suns, They need to sign Ayton, Bridges and bring in another younger stud.

He has a player option for next season but if he passes on that option, he will be under contract to us for another season. And it will have no bearing on our ability to re-sign our own players. The question is what happens if he chooses to opt out of his 45 million dollar contract for next season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Whatever CP3 does, it has to be in his own best interest and in the interest of the other players he represents with the players union. Taking a longer deal, for less per year but more guaranteed, is a lucrative deal. I don't think the Suns would have a problem coming up with an offer that beats anyone else. The problem would be if there are other factors that would mitigate. He bought a house in Encino CA last May. I do believe that is where his family is living now. He sold a house in Houston in January for 11 million. Maybe he will buy a house in Phoenix, maybe he already has. If he has, it hasnt hit the news yet.

So. Going back to LA could be an option to be home. But I cannot see him going back to the Clippers, and I do not see him fitting well (personality wise) with LeBron. The Suns would probably offer him the most lucrative deal. So being the President of the NBPA works in the Suns favor. He would not be as likely to take less money for convenience or competition because of his role with the union.

Also, was doing a little research. The NBPA is incorporated in NY as a non-profit. I kinda expected that. But also, the NBA itself is also incorporated in NY as a non-profit. You lawyer types probably understand that better than me. I am sure each team is also incorporated separately as a for-profit company, but the league office is rolling in the dough I assume.
Weird comment about not fitting with Lebron personality-wise considering they are like best buddies and part of the banana boat crew.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird comment about not fitting with Lebron personality-wise considering they are like best buddies and part of the banana boat crew.

Yeah and they are both very smart basketball players, I don't see a problem. Wade could play with Lebron, I see no reason that Paul couldn't too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and they are both very smart basketball players, I don't see a problem. Wade could play with Lebron, I see no reason that Paul couldn't too.

oh man... I will puke if that marriage happens after this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul wanted to come to Phoenix and build a contender with Booker. I think he stays.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul wanted to come to Phoenix and build a contender with Booker. I think he stays.

Yes he did but keep in mind that the rumors initially were that he wanted to return to LA but that wasn't doable so we moved on to his destination list. But I agree, I think he probably stays.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK. That's fair. I guess I was just HOPING or trying to believe that it would not work. I'm with Cheese. That would make me sick.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After this homestand, we have a pretty brutal five-game road trip ahead.

Bucks
Sixers
Celtics
Nets
Knicks

We then come home to face:

Clippers
Jazz

Yikes.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Bucks
Sixers
Celtics
Nets
Knicks

Clippers
Jazz

Yikes.

It will be a needed experience/test for them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Bucks
Sixers
Celtics
Nets
Knicks

Clippers
Jazz

Yikes.
That’s almost as brutal stretch as is possible. It’s 5 of the top 6 (not counting us) records in the league. And Boston and NYK are 7th and 8th playoff seeds in east. I wonder how many 5 game roadies against playoff teams have existed in history of nba. And how many teams have played 7 straight against them-seeded teams.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s almost as brutal stretch as is possible. It’s 5 of the top 6 (not counting us) records in the league. And Boston and NYK are 7th and 8th playoff seeds in east. I wonder how many 5 game roadies against playoff teams have existed in history of nba. And how many teams have played 7 straight against them-seeded teams.
And we will beat atleast 3 of them. Not concerned

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we will beat atleast 3 of them. Not concerned

even if they beat 4 of them and go 4-3, that might be enough for the clips to catch us because their schedule is a cake walk for most of the rest of the season. That stretch will decide if we win the pacific division title, IMO.

which is a pretty awesome e sentence just to type after being horrific for so long.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

·
39s

Monty admitted that he probably hasn't given Carter/Galloway/Moore a fair shake at a full look for that last guard spot in the rotation. Said Carter, the guy getting the minutes now, benefits from Nader being out to being capable guarding the ball.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

·
39s

Monty admitted that he probably hasn't given Carter/Galloway/Moore a fair shake at a full look for that last guard spot in the rotation. Said Carter, the guy getting the minutes now, benefits from Nader being out to being capable guarding the ball.

I think depending on the situation, they can be effectively utilized. They all provide very different things. Carter defense of course, Galloway can be a flame thrower, and Moore is the most well rounded of them. Come playoffs i can see Moore being the most poised of the 3 but i can also see Galloway catching fire to put a team away. But the minutes/lack-of could really throw a player off, good to see them come in ready to play when asked.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA