Round 1

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree on Pitts but it is mostly about my preference in personnel. I prefer 11 personnel to 10 personnel. I feel it lets you do more and can be more difficult for the defense to matchup with depending on the TE. I feel Pitts would let you run 11 personnel size with 10 personnel receiving ability. Hopkins, Green, Kirk and Pitts would be a tough group to matchup with IMO.

Pitts was terrible when used as an inline TE. Pitts is really just a massive WR.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Marshall is another WR that i would have no issue taking at 48

what Moore gives you: dynamic run after catch guy. probably a killer slot guy, with added benefit of reverses, etc. He has shown he can catch over the shoulder, so he likely isnt limited to short stuff. In summary: the potential to be a guy that defenses have to account for every down. Thats attractive.

what makes me pause: at a certain point, size does matter for a WR and 5-7 is just sooooo short. At 48, you are thinking of getting player in your top 26 or so (i.e. doesnt have to be an everydown player, but someone on the field a lot). Will Moore ever be more than a part time gadget player? Thats fine for JJ Nelson picked in the 6th, but not at 48.

I think Toney gives you what Moore gives you, but he is bigger and stronger.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd take terrace Marshall from LSU. He just ran a 4.38 and it nearly 6ft 4. We need a big fast wr with great hands

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

My issue with taking Marshall is that he effectively competes for playing time with AJ Green. I'd rather add another slot guy, or a deep threat type.

I imagine Kirk is going to moved more to the slot this year, but at times will move outside when Hopkins is moved around which I think Kliff will do this year since it was so obviously a problem last year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Toney gives you what Moore gives you, but he is bigger and stronger.
Not sure toney has as much scoot as Moore. But I think he’s got a little more wiggle. Moore can really go when he hits the booster. And it’s almost immediate - no time needed for acceleration it seems.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My issue with taking Marshall is that he effectively competes for playing time with AJ Green. I'd rather add another slot guy, or a deep threat type.

I imagine Kirk is going to moved more to the slot this year, but at times will move outside when Hopkins is moved around which I think Kliff will do this year since it was so obviously a problem last year.
If Marshall’s time is in any way close to accurate, as a 6’2 guy he’d be a legit deep threat. I’d be shocked to see AJ green run a 4.65 these days.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If Marshall’s time is in any way close to accurate, as a 6’2 guy he’d be a legit deep threat. I’d be shocked to see AJ green run a 4.65 these days.

But if you don't see deep threat on film, that usually means that he isn't one.

Guys all the time runs 4.3s in shorts, but 4.6s in pads. The film tells the real story; Marshall is much more of a big possession type receiver.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But if you don't see deep threat on film, that usually means that he isn't one.

Guys all the time runs 4.3s in shorts, but 4.6s in pads. The film tells the real story; Marshall is much more of a big possession type receiver.
Could also be the way he was deployed due to surrounding talent. Was he going to run the deep routes over Jefferson? Over chase? I don’t know who started opposite him this year, but LSU is churning out some big time receivers.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kadarious Toney ran an unofficial 4.39. That is an awesome time for a kid who gives you toughness, tackle breaking, open field shiftiness already. The only concern was long speed. He just answered that concern emphatically. Imagine a smaller Anquan Boldin with much better speed.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I've mentioned earlier, if Chase is around at 8, or so, Keim should move up and grab him. I think he's that good.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've mentioned earlier, if Chase is around at 8, or so, Keim should move up and grab him. I think he's that good.
And then having no more pics and no chance to get younger guys with a roster full older players with one year contract

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We stay at 16 if Surtain horn pitts are there

Trade back and getting one between Newsome Marshall Toney

In the second Javonte Williams or Addai

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So I remember u didn't consider drafting Pitts couple of months a go, now u would like to get him(as a receiver)
Mmmm I think I have been on the draft Pitts bus since last year but if you can find something that says different, let me know. I think I argued that he was my WR1 over Chase Waddle and DSmith.

EDIT: I feel like I tend to prioritize TE more than most on this board despite whomever our coach is.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not round 1, but ILB will be interested for the Cardinals in round 2.

Baron Browning and Jamin Davis have had very nice pro days and some have them moving up rankings. Nick Bolton is also thought highly of and Micah Parsons is LB 1. It all depends on how many ILBs go top 49 but I won't be shocked if Zaven Collins or Jamin Davis are staring us in the face at 49. I think I would prefer both to a RB, and I feel like there will be a HUGE rush on EDGE/OL/WR between 16 and 49.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mmmm I think I have been on the draft Pitts bus since last year but if you can find something that says different, let me know. I think I argued that he was my WR1 over Chase Waddle and DSmith.
Didn't say u didn't like him but maybe u put other priorities before taking him

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Didn't say u didn't like him but maybe u put other priorities before taking him
I probably said we needed to upgrade the offense line before taking a player like Pitts. I know I have said similar about RBs and WRs. When it comes to offensive players at WR/TE/RB I tend to devalue them in relation to OL and QB. My opinion is if your QB and OL aren't right, those other positions will really struggle to ever hit their potential. Just too dependent.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not round 1, but ILB will be interested for the Cardinals in round 2.

Baron Browning and Jamin Davis have had very nice pro days and some have them moving up rankings. Nick Bolton is also thought highly of and Micah Parsons is LB 1. It all depends on how many ILBs go top 49 but I won't be shocked if Zaven Collins or Jamin Davis are staring us in the face at 49. I think I would prefer both to a RB, and I feel like there will be a HUGE rush on EDGE/OL/WR between 16 and 49.
I could see this. And the thought of zaven next to Simmons is enticing.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m okay with trading down if none of the top 3 CBs are still on the board. I see round 1 like this,

Horne/Farley
Harris (pass on Etienne)
Smith/Waddle/Toney
Harry - This strategy has all the earmarks of "draft for need."

Would the above strategy mean a change in drafting approach (away from BPA)! Or have Steve Keim and Michael B been blowing smoke all these years.

Care to discuss BPA vs. need and Cardinals' approach to drafting?