Hawks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 3-30-31

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This stretch hasn’t been pretty... and yet they’ve won 6 of 7 and are maintaining the 2nd best record in the league.

Even while frustrating at times, an endlessly entertaining season so far.
They are putting themselves into the same positions in the 3rd/early 4th that they were during the hot stretch, but are simply struggling to put the game away in the 4th. Not sure what's going on, but hopefully for everyone's sanity they figure it out.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
On the plus side this recent stretch is giving this team plenty of practice closing close games late in the 4th. Could be beneficial come playoff time when you kind of expect games to regularly come down to clutch time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the Suns get their mojo back because these are tough games to watch but at least they are winning ugly.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good team effort, and thankfully no booker iso ball down the stretch.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Chicago tomorrow night. Got to keep it going.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
On the plus side this recent stretch is giving this team plenty of practice closing close games late in the 4th. Could be beneficial come playoff time when you kind of expect games to regularly come down to clutch time.
That's what i'm thinking everything up till the playoffs is experience. If this team can get over some of its mindfarts get a little more consistent and come together as a team its gonna be a nice run.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker has gone from one of the best to end the game to one of the worst he’s just making bad decisions. These running shots aren’t going to cut it

And yes we will need him to play iso in big games. Give the ball to your star and let him win it that’s kind of how it works it’s what separates the goods from the greats. If he’s that guy he needs to get back on track down the stretch.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns can play Ayton and Saric together in close games I think it might help because the Suns need inside scoring in these type games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We agree Monty. It's just stressful at times.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are putting themselves into the same positions in the 3rd/early 4th that they were during the hot stretch, but are simply struggling to put the game away in the 4th. Not sure what's going on, but hopefully for everyone's sanity they figure it out.

yup.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We agree Monty.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I don't particularly care if it's pretty or ugly, but it is very frustrating seeing this team routinely blow double digit leads in the 4th quarter. I get that it's going to happen sometimes, but something like 6 games in a row is a little worrisome.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Booker has gone from one of the best to end the game to one of the worst he’s just making bad decisions.

You can't trust the decision-making of anyone who dates a Kardashian. As long as he pursues that relationship, his game is going nowhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't particularly care if it's pretty or ugly, but it is very frustrating seeing this team routinely blow double digit leads in the 4th quarter. I get that it's going to happen sometimes, but something like 6 games in a row is a little worrisome.

It seems like the Suns are having trouble scoring late in games and letting teams back in the game. Suns can't rely on Booker to do this with teams clamping down on him. Ayton and Saric need to get the Suns some easy baskets down the stretch.

Really liked Ayton's 14 rebounds tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like the Suns are having trouble scoring late in games and letting teams back in the game. Suns can't rely on Booker to do this with teams clamping down on him. Ayton and Saric need to get the Suns some easy baskets down the stretch.

Really liked Ayton's 14 rebounds tonight.

yeah, Ayton frustrated the he’ll out of me in the third quarter tonight, but he made big plays on both ends down the stretch tonight to help the Suns seal the deal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are again with the second best record in the league with the 76ers also losing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose