Cards sign QB Colt McCoy

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blegh. He’s garbage. Just because he’s not month old garbage with a dirty diaper thrown on top and sitting in the July Phoenix sun like Strevler doesn’t take away that he’s garbage.

not sure what you are expecting for a backup there is only 4 or 5 legit good backup qbs any given year.

Colt at least fits into the won’t single handedly lose the game category.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Still don't understand why Hundley was not active and Strevler was. And now Hundley quietly is replaced by McCoy. Just a wierd situation.
It could be the domestic violence and battery charges brought against him by his ex-wife last year. Some teams seem to overlook these things but with our team it is considered a Cardinal sin.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It could be the domestic violence and battery charges brought against him by his ex-wife last year. Some teams seem to overlook these things but with our team it is considered a Cardinal sin.

Yes but they can't give the benefit of the doubt before pushing someone aside
When the accusations are confirmed I'm agree but for example what they did to Philon wasn't a good thing imo

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When the accusations are confirmed I'm agree but for example what they did to Philon wasn't a good thing imo

philon’s IQ wasn’t a good thing either, the Cardinals had enough dumb asses on the team last year

speedy

the medic
Reaction score

I couldn’t agree with you more. In standard form, the MCAO strung that BS case against Philon along to only drop the charges almost 2 years later. Case was weak sauce from the get go. He just lost 2 years of substantial income. I’m all for player conduct policy, but you have to give a man his due process.

people lie- this includes cops, women, and prosecutors. Amazes me how quick people are to automatically believe law enforcement and prosecutors.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I wonder if Colt being a Texas high school and college QB was any type of factor in the decision to bring him in. Similar stature. Same state. Interesting coincidences at the least.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It seems that there is some feeling that he will be in the Hundley role last year. Streveler will probably be the active backup on Sundays.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Apparently a DUI is no big deal though.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Maybe they just realized Hundley isn't a leader or mentor for KM....and that the Streveler boom or bust experiment, went bust in a big way. I have no issues with McCoy...by all accounts he's good in the locker room, understands his position as a backup QB, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
not sure what you are expecting for a backup there is only 4 or 5 legit good backup qbs any given year.

Colt at least fits into the won’t single handedly lose the game category.
Backup QBs better/more desirable than 34 year old McCoy:
Fitzpatrick
Whomever loses saints QB battle
Trubisky
Dalton/foles
Stidham
Flacco
Mariotta
RGIII
Keenum
Tyrod Taylor
Minshew
Brissett
Jordan love
Gabbert

and I’m not listing the ones which I’d prefer but may be identified as toss-ups. McCoy likely ends up in bottom third of backup QBs.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it comes down to mcoy for half of season gonna be a crappy season anyway lol

Think I've seen colt play like twice lol

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Backup QBs better/more desirable than 34 year old McCoy:
Fitzpatrick
Whomever loses saints QB battle
Trubisky
Dalton/foles
Stidham
Flacco
Mariotta
RGIII
Keenum
Tyrod Taylor
Minshew
Brissett
Jordan love
Gabbert

and I’m not listing the ones which I’d prefer but may be identified as toss-ups. McCoy likely ends up in bottom third of backup QBs.
Dang marriota or rg would have been cool for airvraid in case of injury oh well...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's not great but you don't need your backup to be great. You just don't want them to be trash like Hundley and Strevler. He's definitely an upgrade.
Aren’t you the one who only looks at record as an indicator of good or bad? 8-22.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose