Dan Arnold to Carolina

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really I mean what stats and ability does Dan Arnold possess that has subjugated the rest of us to this panty twisting?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really I mean what stats and ability does Dan Arnold possess that has subjugated the rest of us to this panty twisting?
For one thing Kyler apparently loved him. They were developing a chemistry. Look at our “ you can replace him easily” guys. Max can’t stay off the inactive list. Daniels?
Keep drinking the kool aid. Losing Arnold does not make us better.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol at the no big loss. He’s maybe the beat downfield receiving TE we’ve had since the cards arrived in the valley (as sad as that statement is). It means that AJ green isn’t addition to the receiving game, he’s replacement. Other than center we are treading water thus far.

Bro Arnold is the definition of replacement level.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, it's having more than one TE on the roster. Like, at all.

It's starting to seem like we're counting on a really good UDFA class.
Absolutely correct. Look at The Patriots. They added TWO quality TE’s. We had one and let him go. Not only should we have found a way to keep him ( should have done it mid season last year) we should have ADDED one.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ughh we’re gonna trade back & miss on the possible chances of Farley & Vera-Tucker

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For me, it's having more than one TE on the roster. Like, at all.

It's starting to seem like we're counting on a really good UDFA class.

Agree with you but honestly udfa is what I was thinking in regards to Arnold. It's almost irrelevant losing him. Doesn't make us worse or better. It's like he never existed.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t worry OTC, max will step in for about 12 catches this year. Kyler talked him up but suddenly “ no big loss” bull crap.

It's like you were bit by Cujo and now have rabies. Everything no matter what is a catastrophe.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Agree with you but honestly udfa is what I was thinking in regards to Arnold. It's almost irrelevant losing him. Doesn't make us worse or better. It's like he never existed.
Arnold was decent as a pass catching TE. Certainly not some major threat, but it seems like we're at a net loss in people for Kyler to throw to at the moment.

Does losing Arnold/Fitz (maybe)/Drake and adding AJ Green make Kyler Murray a better QB in 2021? It sure doesn't feel like it to me.

At this point we've replaced 163 targets, 110 receptions, 984 yards, and 5 TDs with one guy who was responsible for 104 targets, 47 receptions, 523 yards, and 2 TDs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arnold was decent as a pass catching TE. Certainly not some major threat, but it seems like we're at a net loss in people for Kyler to throw to at the moment.

Does losing Arnold/Fitz (maybe)/Drake and adding AJ Green make Kyler Murray a better QB in 2021? It sure doesn't feel like it to me.

At this point we've replaced 163 targets, 110 receptions, 984 yards, and 5 TDs with one guy who was responsible for 104 targets, 47 receptions, 523 yards, and 2 TDs.

this is an ugly summation of where the offense is weapons-wise at this point. with not a lot of cap room or draft picks to make a lot of upgrades. and again, it's not so much losing the guys above as it is we've made pretty much zero...

eh. who cares.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like you were bit by Cujo and now have rabies. Everything no matter what is a catastrophe.
Not true. Happy about Prater. Happy about Hudson. Happy about retaining most of our own. Happy about PP21 leaving.
Not happy about Keim putting us in this cb predicament. He knew this day was coming and did nothing in preparation. Not happy about Green. Better receivers out there but we couldn’t afford them. And who’s fault is that? UNTIL Watt actually does something all he does for us is sell tickets.
Sorry I stopped drinking the kook aid. I’ve ( WE) waited much to long to be settling for maybes, if’s and could be’s.
Ive given Keim the benefit of the doubt for as long as he’s been here. I even supported him through his addiction. No more. He will get accolades after he does something to earn it.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Perfect replacement is Darren Fells, he was basically Arnold with less targets. Fells 28 targets 21-312-14.9yds per catch-4TDS. Arnold 45 targets 31-438-14.1-4TDS, and he's a better blocker

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don’t worry OTC, max will step in for about 12 catches this year. Kyler talked him up but suddenly “ no big loss” bull crap.
It’s just the typical of a guy leaves is all of a sudden he’s awful and if we sign a guy who has performed poorly it’s every reason in the world except his fault. I get it. Rose colored glasses.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We can grab basically anyone with Dan Arnold's ability. Before, during, and after the draft. Anyone who can man up at all and hold blocks and occasionally break off will be an improvement. Much more rushing yards and way less sacks. Passing will be much better.
How many TEs have the Cardinals had since 89 that had at least 30 catches, 400 yards, and averaged 14 yards a catch?

it’s like everyone saying it’s easy to find a running back and they’ve forgotten the years in the desert where the cards couldn’t find a rb.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh not “panty twisting” (Jesus you guys are masters of making mountains outta molehills), but 6’7 move TEs with pretty good hands don’t grow on trees. Who had that role for us prior to Arnold?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not true. Happy about Prater. Happy about Hudson. Happy about retaining most of our own. Happy about PP21 leaving.
Not happy about Keim putting us in this cb predicament. He knew this day was coming and did nothing in preparation. Not happy about Green. Better receivers out there but we couldn’t afford them. And who’s fault is that? UNTIL Watt actually does something all he does for us is sell tickets.
Sorry I stopped drinking the kook aid. I’ve ( WE) waited much to long to be settling for maybes, if’s and could be’s.
Ive given Keim the benefit of the doubt for as long as he’s been here. I even supported him through his addiction. No more. He will get accolades after he does something to earn it.
Dude stop using facts, you hate everything, you are screaming the sky is falling in every post, and you’re ragetreeing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Perfect replacement is Darren Fells, he was basically Arnold with less targets. Fells 28 targets 21-312-14.9yds per catch-4TDS. Arnold 45 targets 31-438-14.1-4TDS, and he's a better blocker
He’s also age 35 and not improving and Arnold is 26 and showed improvement year over year. But otherwise, SAMESIES!!!