What the hell is our backup QB situation right now

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitzpatrick, someone who can win games because if something happen with kyler and with the mediocre we used to have for depth the season is gone
I would think we would get a guy a little mobile that can keep the base play calling.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m intrigued by RG 3. He’s a damn good back up. The only problem is he’s horrifically injury prone. Stanton was infuriating because you knew if he had to play more than a game, he’d be hurt and we’d be on to the 3rd stringer.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard Fitzpatrick was retiring.

Tyrod Taylor would be a good choice.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Injuries are a given.

If we don't improve our situation behind Kyler at backup QB, we are a shipwreck waiting to happen.

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score

Have not heard that Fitzpatrick was retiring. Was recently mentioned as possibly in the mix for a starting quarterback job for a team that is looking for a stopgap!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After last season mess with the back up role they don't intend replicate the same stuff naming the former qb from Hawaii the back up

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe the Cardinals went last season with Chris Streveler as their backup quarterback. It still makes no sense. He was a situational quarterback at best.

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score

Have not heard that Fitzpatrick was retiring. Was recently mentioned as possibly in the mix for a starting quarterback job for a team that is looking for a stopgap!

So here it is regarding Fitzpatrick:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Former Dolphins’ QB Ryan Fitzpatrick reached agreement with the Washington Football Team on a one-year deal worth $10 million that could grow to $12 million with incentives, per source. Fitzpatrick is expected to head to camp as the starter, with competition from Taylor Heinicke.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So here it is regarding Fitzpatrick:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Former Dolphins’ QB Ryan Fitzpatrick reached agreement with the Washington Football Team on a one-year deal worth $10 million that could grow to $12 million with incentives, per source. Fitzpatrick is expected to head to camp as the starter, with competition from Taylor Heinicke.
This makes me sick. I loathe the redskins.
Fitzpatrick is a guy I’ve always rooted for. All good things must come to an end, I guess.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fitz getting $10 million? Wow, good for him.

Like others say, why was Hundley inactive the game Murray went down. Bet they would have won that game if he played instead of Streveler. Also, KK didn't do Steveler any favors on his play calling either.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Like others say, why was Hundley inactive the game Murray went down. Bet they would have won that game if he played instead of Streveler. Also, KK didn't do Steveler any favors on his play calling either.

Fitzpatrick is far better then many overrated qbs in the league

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Haven't heard anything regarding what the Cards plans are for Backup QB. Hated how they handled it last year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Haven't heard anything regarding what the Cards plans are for Backup QB. Hated how they handled it last year.

Think back up QB will be in the second wave of signings. Likely looking at a veteran for 1-2 years for a nominal salary. Tyrod fits the mold and I like him. Alex Smith is interesting as who knows what his market will look like and is he looking at a place where he has a chance to be QB1. If not, I really like him as our QB2

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
We have a backup, his name is Chris Streveler. I guess you guys aren't paying attention. :rolleyes:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

oh my lord... I thought you were talking about Larry Fitz at first blush. I almost had a heart-attack thinking we gave him that much money.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Taylor getting 13 mill from Houston, it looks like they are preparing to play hard ball with Watson.

that is not a good decision.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA