Who could the Suns add to the roster that would help?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
good call. They only won by 25. Super dangerous. Totally playing with fire losing 4 of their last 22. I mean, talking about lucky!

You know I'm not talking about the record, but rather how they are winning. Outside of the Steph Curry/Klay Thompson Warriors no team has had sustained success relying this much on outside shooting for offense and being this outmanned in the paint.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
so you’re expecting the Suns to trade CP3 tomorrow and Monty to quit next week? Because that’s why the Jazz went into the tank after trading Deron Williams and Sloan’s retiring halfway through the season.

also, they were NEVER anywhere Close To the 2nd best record in the league.

I won’t even bother to check how ridiculously off the Bucks season was compared to this Suns team.

you’re a pathetic troll.

Bucks were second in their Conference and a half game behind first, while the Jazz were third in their Conference, the Bucks at 26-13 and the Jazz at 24-11.

The make-up of this Suns roster is actually quite similar to that Bucks squad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks were second in their Conference and a half game behind first, while the Jazz were third in their Conference, the Bucks at 26-13 and the Jazz at 24-11.

The make-up of this Suns roster is actually quite similar to that Bucks squad.

again, so you foresee Monty quitting and is trading CP3? Because that’s why the Jazz fell apart having major issues with Williams and Sloan. If not, then take your comparison and shove it back up your ass with the rest of the crap you spew on the board.

also, do you see Booker missing 10 games, Ayton 15 games and CP3 missing a handful also? Because that’s what happened with the Bucks who’s season got derailed by injuries with Allen missing 13 games, Glen Robinson missing 16 and Alien missing 8.

try again troll.

Last edited:

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
You know I'm not talking about the record, but rather how they are winning. Outside of the Steph Curry/Klay Thompson Warriors no team has had sustained success relying this much on outside shooting for offense and being this outmanned in the paint.
Why even watch this team..
Check my last post in the game thread. This is a dangerous game the Suns are playing, relying so much on outside shooting to make up for a major disadvantage in the paint.
Classic troll.. never happy with a win and only have negative comments regardless of a win or lose.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me thinks there could be a bet to make. How confident are you of the Suns' impending collapse 1sun?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2010-11 Utah Jazz
2001-02 Milwaukee Bucks

The Jazz did not have a top 2 or 3 record at the All-Star break. They were 31-23.

The Bucks weren't a top team in their conference at the break either.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Jazz did not have a top 2 or 3 record at the All-Star break. They were 31-23.

The Bucks weren't a top team in their conference at the break either.

You're right. Their collapses started right around 40 games into the season...which we hit later this week...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

NBA leaders in points in the paint this year...

1. Memphis
2. Sacramento
3. New Orleans

Real models of success, if only we could play like those teams.

Also, no team besides the Warriors... as long as you don't count the Rockets, Heat, Spurs, Blazers... just off the top of my head, teams that won 50+ games several times while doing less in the paint than we currently do.

Among the many teams trailing us in the paint this year... the Jazz.

If anything we need to get better from the outside.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NBA leaders in points in the paint this year...

1. Memphis
2. Sacramento
3. New Orleans

Real models of success, if only we could play like those teams.

Also, no team besides the Warriors... as long as you don't count the Rockets, Heat, Spurs, Blazers... just off the top of my head, teams that won 50+ games several times while doing less in the paint than we currently do.

Among the many teams trailing us in the paint this year... the Jazz.

If anything we need to get better from the outside.

Hard to shoot better than 57%, as we have in our last two wins.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to shoot better than 57%, as we have in our last two wins.

Well, good thing we've got a top 5 defense to boot.

Also, winning by 20+ provides some cushion.

You could also just admit your wrong and your "point in the paint" argument is hot garbage.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
how about the other 16 wins out of the last 20 games?

The only wins that count are the ones where you never trail and you also shoot like crap from the outside, anything else is a fluke. Get with the program.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
again, so you foresee Monty quitting and is trading CP3? Because that’s why the Jazz fell apart having major issues with Williams and Sloan. If not, then take your comparison and shove it back up your ass with the rest of the crap you spew on the board.

also, do you see Booker missing 10 games, Ayton 15 games and CP3 missing a handful also? Because that’s what happened with the Bucks who’s season got derailed by injuries with Allen missing 13 games, Glen Robinson missing 16 and Alien missing 8.

try again troll.

Don't know about Ayton, but given Paul's age and wear and tear and Booker's injury history, I would say the odds are quite good they will miss some games here and there (Booker already HAS).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only wins that count are the ones where you never trail and you also shoot like crap from the outside, anything else is a fluke. Get with the program.

I feel like Chris should set up a
separate forum... a SUNSDERDOME where the only two people that can post are WhyAlwaysMe and 1Sun. And they can just go at it like cats and dogs and when any of us want our full
Of their stupidity, we can just do a drive by and then bail.

@Chris_Sanders what do you think? SUNSDERDOME! Two posters enter, No Posters Leave!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I mean how many team’s rosters are literally perfect?

Not looking for perfection. I counter with this question: How many team's rosters literally do not have a single player at one of the five positions?

Currently the Suns are resorting to playing centers (Saric, Kaminsky and Smith) and wings (Crowder, Cam Johnson and Bridges) at the 4 because they literally do not have a true 4 on the roster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Ayton, but given Paul's age and wear and tear and Booker's injury history, I would say the odds are quite good they will miss some games here and there (Booker already HAS).

should we make a bet? Suns don’t make the playoffs, you’re banned forever. Same on my end if they miss the playoffs.

either put your money where your mouth is or just give up the sky is falling crap already.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not looking for perfection. I counter with this question: How many team's rosters literally do not have a single player at one of the five positions?

Currently the Suns are resorting to playing centers (Saric, Kaminsky and Smith) and wings (Crowder, Cam Johnson and Bridges) at the 4 because they literally do not have a true 4 on the roster.

did you expect James Jones to turn this into a title winning team within two years after taking over a team that won 19 games?

did you expect them to have the second best record in the league after last season, where they won 34 games and you blew off their entire bubble run?

Rome wasn’t built in a day. But this team was built into a playoff team pretty damn fast going from the second worst record in the league to the team with second best record in the league in two years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In at least half of those, we had to shoot lights out to win.

And the other half? You know... this IS a good shooting team.

and you count tonight as a shoot the lights out game... where they went 12-30. That’s not shooting the lights out.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In at least half of those, we had to shoot lights out to win.

It takes some next level trolling to formulate the mental gymnastics required to claim nearly a dozen blow out wins don't count because the team shot well in those games.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh, y’all are letting him break ASFN after one day . . .

Just driving home the point he is a troll. Some posters were somehow mistaken of the fact.

We have had the best record in the NBA over the last 2 months, he comes back and does nothing but rip the team in each post. I don't get how anyone doesn't see his posting for what it is.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh, y’all are letting him break ASFN after one day . . .

Thats why we need the Sunsderdome. That has to be the best idea Cheese has ever had.

I'd expand it a little and allow all banned posters to contribute to it.

The days of people thinking SlinSlin was a troll and a detriment to the Suns board are long behind us.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the other half? You know... this IS a good shooting team.

and you count tonight as a shoot the lights out game... where they went 12-30. That’s not shooting the lights out.

Yeah and if we'd missed every single one of our 3's tonight we would have lost by 13 points. Scary.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA