Oprah Winfrey Interview with Prince Harry & Dutchess Meghan

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Anybody going to watch this? As really would love what they have to say since leaving the UK.
Heard the tabloids there can be very brutal then in the USA. Really heard Buckingham Palace can be controling there. And one of themany reasons they had to leave. It is two hours BTW!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody going to watch this? As really would love what they have to say since leaving the UK.
Heard the tabloids there can be very brutal then in the USA. Really heard Buckingham Palace can be controling there. And one of themany reasons they had to leave. It is two hours BTW!

Probably going to wait for the highlights. Some are saying the Queen needs to apologize publicly. What is that about?

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m definitely going to watch. I even bought snacks for the occasion. I’ve been following the British Royal Family since I was a kid. And have shelves full of books to prove it, lol.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand Oprah with Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special starts at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

It's a tough call with NBA All-Star game starting at 6 p.m. :D

I don't even have any treats.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand Oprah with Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special starts at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

It's a tough call with NBA All-Star game starting at 6 p.m. :D

I don't even have any treats.

You still have time to get to the store

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't seem to get motivated. What are you having?

You must be registered for see images attach

Already had my treats. Our "kids" have been gone this weekend so my wife and I have been "partying" , Amy's Kitchen vegan pizza, Hippeas, Snackrelidge Pig Champion vegan sandwich, and vegan ice cream bars. Now I'm burning it off with some yard work. :)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Already had my treats. Our "kids" have been gone this weekend so my wife and I have been "partying" , Amy's Kitchen vegan pizza, Hippeas, Snackrelidge Pig Champion vegan sandwich, and vegan ice cream bars. Now I'm burning it off with some yard work. :)

Pig =/ vegan

Wait...might they be making a joke with that name? ;)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never understood people's obsession with the royal family.

If that's your thing - enjoy !! I'll be doing anything else. ;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My interest is how Prince Harry & Dutchess Meghan took a step away from the royal family.

I'd like to find out more what prompted this move.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
What a load of crap..yet another weak minded royal ( who was instruckded his whole life what it means to be in the Royal Family, getting p***y whipped by some american femme fatale ( who knew the rules going in).... I feel bad for Queen Liz, now being f****d over by her grandchildren..
Go Liz...

grandchildren.,.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was said during the show that Prince Henry and Dutchess Meghan were not paid for the interview.

I watched some highlights this morning.

There was concern within the Royal family about what the color of Archie's skin was going to be. Yikes. They weren't going to give him any title or any protection.

Plus they treated Meghan horribly, like they did with Princess Diana. Making life unbearable for Meghan.

So Henry said, he are out.

That's the basics from someone who didn't actually watch it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched some highlights this morning.

There was concern within the Royal family about what the color of Archie's skin was going to be. Yikes. They weren't going to give him any title or any protection.

Plus they treated Meghan horribly, like they did with Princess Diana. Making life unbearable for Meghan.

So Henry said, he are out.

That's the basics from someone who didn't actually watch it.

Those are some basics I took away as well.

Also I don't think Harry and Meghan wanted out per se, only a lesser role like many others in the royal family.

Now they are stripped of security and royal duties. Even their child Archie cannot become a prince.

One can't help but wonder if race played a role especially with the tabloids and their influence on the royal family.

It sounds like Harry and Meghan are on the outside looking in and not by choice... as portrayed by the media.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read they were paid $7M for this. Stupid.

CBS paid between $7 million (£5m) and $9m (£6.5m) for the rights to air the interview, according to The Wall Street Journal which cited those familiar with negotiations. But the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not make any money from the broadcast, with Oprah’s production company, Harpo, one of the parties reportedly set to benefit instead. At the beginning of the interview, Oprah made clear Prince Harry and Meghan would not make money from the program. She said: ‘Before we get into it, I just want to make it clear to everybody that even though we’re neighbours… that there has not been an agreement. ‘You don’t know what I’m going to ask, there is no subject that’s off-limits and you are not getting paid for this interview.’ The Duchess responded: ‘All of that is correct.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/08/how-...for-the-oprah-interview-14208857/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr