Could You See Patrick Peterson saying this...

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Roethlisberger willingly reduced his pay to $14 million from $19 million in this final year of his contract and spread the cash payment through 2022. The move lowers the team's salary-cap hit by more than $15 million.

Could you see P2 reading from this script? He said;

"It is my greatest honor to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and give my all for this organization," Roethlisberger said in a statement issued by the team. "I am grateful to be at this stage of my career and more than happy to adjust my contract in a way that best helps the team address other players who are so vital to our success. I love this game and love to compete, and I believe in this team and my ability to deliver when called upon. It all starts with great preparation and I am ready to go."

How about a deal like 3 years 25M with a 12M bonus now so he gets some walking around money right away and a $1M salary this year for a hit of 5M, 6M salary next year and 6M in 2023? If he plays well he stays next year and likely release the following. Can also use roster bonuses in March to sweeten the pot and retain the ability to cut him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell to the no would he do that.... But I’m sure it’s not his greatest honor to be an AZ Cardinal.....

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big difference here.

Rothlesburger is lucky to still have a starting job and he knows it. If he got released not sure any one else would give him one.

Peterson as much crap as some fans give him still would have many offers to start, and has at least 2 or 3 more years with that status.

Basically it's easy for Rothlesberger to say all of that when it is still the most money he could get anywhere.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big difference here.

Rothlesburger is lucky to still have a starting job and he knows it. If he got released not sure any one else would give him one.

Peterson as much crap as some fans give him still would have many offers to start, and has at least 2 or 3 more years with that status.

Basically it's easy for Rothlesberger to say all of that when it is still the most money he could get anywhere.

I’m willing to bet there are some teams out there that would start Ben for a year or two....

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m willing to bet there are some teams out there that would start Ben for a year or two....

Really - who?

Only one I can think of might do it without an injury to their starter is the Patriots if he could beat out Cam.

You have to remember there is 3 or 4 guys going in the first round who are going to be starters.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really - who?

Only one I can think of might do it without an injury to their starter is the Patriots if he could beat out Cam.

Really - who?

You have to remember there is 3 or 4 guys going in the first round who are going to be starters.

Bears, Pats, Skins and Texans come to mind should they end up trading Deshaun.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Roethlisberger willingly reduced his pay to $14 million from $19 million in this final year of his contract and spread the cash payment through 2022. The move lowers the team's salary-cap hit by more than $15 million.

"It is my greatest honor to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and give my all for this organization," Roethlisberger said in a statement issued by the team. "I am grateful to be at this stage of my career and more than happy to adjust my contract in a way that best helps the team address other players who are so vital to our success. I love this game and love to compete, and I believe in this team and my ability to deliver when called upon. It all starts with great preparation and I am ready to go."

How about a deal like 3 years 25M with a 12M bonus now so he gets some walking around money right away and a $1M salary this year for a hit of 5M, 6M salary next year and 6M in 2023? If he plays well he stays next year and likely release the following. Can also use roster bonuses in March to sweeten the pot and retain the ability to cut him.

I read an article today that placed PP21's value in the $8M to $10M range and your suggestion is very close.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
lol... The guy had a 95 QBR 66% comp % and 33TDs last year.... people calling him washed are probably the same ones claiming we should keep Fitz and his 7 yards per catch....

Trust me, as a Pittsburgher, I can say he's pretty much done. If he wasn't a head case and didn't insist on doing it "his way," he could have more in the case. Unfortunately, for him and the Stillers (but fortunately for this Stiller hater), he's an egomaniac that has to do it "his way." Plus they went and made a kid the next OC, so he'll be a pushover for Ben Ball

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you’re not just box-score watching & actually watched Pittsburgh games last season, it’s obvious that Big Rapistburger does more harm than good. He’s washed.

OP
OP
Reddog

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hell to the no would he do that.... But I’m sure it’s not his greatest honor to be an AZ Cardinal.....
Why not? Its basically a 1 yr deal for 13M or at worst a 2 yr deal at 19M. If necessary, add a huge March 2022 roster bonus as a poison pill to insure he is a FA next year when the cap goes up. Its basically a 1 year prove it deal that spreads the bonus over 3 years. I find it hard to believe after last season that anyone will give him a long term deal worth 12M+ per year. Assuming we have the pass rush with a healthy CJ and JJ he stands to do ok in a prove it year. Devil you know for both the team and P2.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
His QBR was 60.

Yep a smidge above average. Not a great player who is surrounded by a lot of good players. Any objective Steelers fan will tell you that the lack of run game and Roethlisberger were the problems last year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Exactly. He's never done that organization a single favor in contracts.

I found a local Pittsburgh radio personality's blog years ago where he had numerous posts from fans about how much of a dick Roethlisberger has been around the Pittsburgh area over the years.

Literally dozens of people commented on the thread and it was mind boggling how big of a piece of crap Roethlisberger is. Stories of him not tipping waiters, saying cornholio things to fans, and sexually harassing women. He literally got away with this because he is a good football player, but many of us know what a piece of crap human he is.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Honor or no honor aside...PP21 wouldn't do it, because he's not in the last year of his career. Ben most definitely is.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson will leave to get more money and he will get more than what the Cards offer. This will be Ben's last year. He has taken a beating and is not what he was. I don't see him playing for any other team. ( Note: I'm not a fan of Big Ben)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I assume Ben has made more money, but does anyone know how much total $$ Ben and PP have made in their entire careers?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

When a player has 2 SB rings with the same organization & is a lock for the HOF, that's how they generally speak. But yes, "selfless" doesn't conjure up thoughts of Peterson.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ben has played behind some pretty bad OL's most of his career. He's taken more hits than any QB I can remember. He may very well be a douchebag, but no one can argue that he hasn't earned his money in the NFL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave