Restructuring contracts

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Do y
If Larry does come back, I expect a similar contract structure to Devondre Campbell's last year. Pay him 8 but push some of it to dead money next year.
Do you think Larry would take something like 5 mil plus incentives? They aren't throwing the ball to me and I remember at least 2 times he was wide wide open and Kyler overthrew hem by 10 yards. He is not all pro now but I think he can still bring something to the table.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do y

Do you think Larry would take something like 5 mil plus incentives? They aren't throwing the ball to me and I remember at least 2 times he was wide wide open and Kyler overthrew hem by 10 yards. He is not all pro now but I think he can still bring something to the table.

As I said earlier: You can structure his usual $11m over two years with the expectation that the cap will go up. There are predictions of it rising to $210m in 2022. You pay him the $11m now and can split it $5m (2021) and $6m (2022) for cap purposes, as an example.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I said earlier: You can structure his usual $11m over two years with the expectation that the cap will go up. There are predictions of it rising to $210m in 2022. You pay him the $11m now and can split it $5m (2021) and $6m (2022) for cap purposes, as an example.

Fair, but has nothing to do about building the roster to compete

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fair, but has nothing to do about building the roster to compete

A $5m cap charge for Fitz in 2021 (per my scenario) will hardly effect the Cards ability to build a competitive roster. With restructures and voidable years they can sign anyone they choose to target in FA.

Don't know why you think that the CARDS are better off without Fitz.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A $5m cap charge for Fitz in 2021 (per my scenario) will hardly effect the Cards ability to build a competitive roster. With restructures and voidable years they can sign anyone they choose to target in FA.

Don't know why you think that the CARDS are better off without Fitz.
I'm happy if he stays but for the right salary based on his performances
Yes I don't pay him, but there is a salary cap
I understand his willing to play to get closer to Rice, but he made ton of money already , if he thinks is offensive paying him about 3/4 mil for year then I don't know what to say
Some of "his money" can be used to target a better free agent cb or lineman

*and even if u split the 11 mil in 2 years, u still have to give him that money, u can use the same formula for someone else who can have more impact

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ1
Reaction score
whos Teddy K?

That's Shane's stage name when he does drag shows. Since his retirement he's been kind of bored & decided to try his hand at drag. He's been doing quite well from what I've heard. I thought everyone knew? Shane if you wanted this kept secret I apologize.

You must be registered for see images attach

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want Fitz back but for $4 to $5 million.

I don't. He's not good enough to play anymore. You are paying for a mascot at this point, and we don't have the cap room to spare.

He really would do the team a favor if he retired.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't. He's not good enough to play anymore. You are paying for a mascot at this point, and we don't have the cap room to spare.

He really would do the team a favor if he retired.

I watched a little of the Seattle/Buffalo Games (amazing that we won 2 of the NFL Games of the Year... and missed the playoffs) and my lord... Fitz didn't look like he was just running in mud. He looked like he was running in mud, with cinder blocks on his feet instead of shoes. Even 5 million is probably way too much for him at this point. Sad as that makes me to say.

Reactions: PJ1