Opinion on Kirk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was thinking about how bad we need a true #2 Wr and how that would affect Kirk.

I’m one that believes Fitz is gone unless he plays for a ridiculous low salary this opening up the slot.

Could Kirk become a dynamic slot receiver? Your thoughts?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kirk was disappointing I expected much more consistency. Kyler is limited when forced to play pass happy QB but he hit Kirk a few times that he dropped in big moments. In true Cardinal fashion I expect him to have a bounce back contract year.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kirk is mediocre, and Larry is no longer a difference maker through four quarters. This franchise cannot pay Fitz (God bless him) 11 mil again when that could be allocated to upgrade the center position with Linsley who's a free agent

The can pay Fitz $11m and split the Cap cost over two years as they did with Campbell.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He's okay. We need to upgrade the position, but I definitely still see potential in him that I don't see in the rest of our WR room.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He took a giant step back last year. He legit cost us two games by dropping touchdowns in the end zone

That’s not even counting the play I forgot against who where he has the TD on the reverse and pulled up at the goal line instead of lowering his shoulder

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He took a giant step back last year. He legit cost us two games by dropping touchdowns in the end zone

That’s not even counting the play I forgot against who where he has the TD on the reverse and pulled up at the goal line instead of lowering his shoulder

Ugh, can we please not mention that last one? That was pathetic.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He’s fine, but not good enough to justify being taken in the second round. Drafting him, Andy, Butler, and KeeSean, but still needing to trade for a #1 and find a #2, is pretty bad (shoutout Steve Keim).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's an ok 2nd receiver.

He probably would be alot better as a traditional slot receiver.

That's why I think he is struggling mostly.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who could have possibly tried to explain Kirk isn't any good a year ago?

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is not an outside #2 Wr. Moving him to the slot would perhaps give him a better match up with nickel corners.

I don’t know.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm really not at all on the Kirk sucks bandwagon. Both his first 2 years would have likely gone for 800+ if he stayed healthy.

Last year he had 6 TD's (same as first 2 combined), 13 yards per reception. He's still only 24.

We just use him REALLY badly.

For one, his snap share was down from 98% in 2019 to 78% in 2020. I can't think of any possible excuse for that given the WR room we have. I assume we are blatantly advertising we are going to run the ball.

Even on less snaps his target rate fell from 24% in 2019 to 16% in 2020.

We barely move him around, he played 89% of his snaps wide right and we basically say to him "Run these 3 basic routes 34 times a game vs the same CB and see how that goes for you". His route tree is basically go's, comebacks at the sticks and out routes at the sticks.

And he has no help, none of the WR's do, we don't run any combination routes to help WR's get open. All of them are asked to just beat their man 1v1. Go watch the help Cole Beasley gets in the Bills scheme to understand how he did so well.

Hell, he had 10 rushes for 97 yards in 2019 and we even stopped giving him them this year.

Is Kirk great? I really have no idea because we abuse him in this system. If I was Kirk I would want to leave it's that bad. I do however suspect he's much better than we allow him to be.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm really not at all on the Kirk sucks bandwagon. Both his first 2 years would have likely gone for 800+ if he stayed healthy.

Last year he had 6 TD's (same as first 2 combined), 13 yards per reception. He's still only 24.

We just use him REALLY badly.

For one, his snap share was down from 98% in 2019 to 78% in 2020. I can't think of any possible excuse for that given the WR room we have. I assume we are blatantly advertising we are going to run the ball.

Even on less snaps his target rate fell from 24% in 2019 to 16% in 2020.

We barely move him around, he played 89% of his snaps wide right and we basically say to him "Run these 3 basic routes 34 times a game vs the same CB and see how that goes for you". His route tree is basically go's, comebacks at the sticks and out routes at the sticks.

And he has no help, none of the WR's do, we don't run any combination routes to help WR's get open. All of them are asked to just beat their man 1v1. Go watch the help Cole Beasley gets in the Bills scheme to understand how he did so well.

Hell, he had 10 rushes for 97 yards in 2019 and we even stopped giving him them this year.

Is Kirk great? I really have no idea because we abuse him in this system. If I was Kirk I would want to leave it's that bad. I do however suspect he's much better than we allow him to be.

I think you're about right here, though Kirk has had some high profile drops.

I think Kirk would be at his best as a slot guy and move receiver. Get him the ball in his hands in space and he can make some plays. As an outside receiver, he struggles with drops and doesn't fight for the ball like a top outside guy will.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not defending Kliff here, but I actually wonder if Kirk is even capable of running certain routes.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m not defending Kliff here, but I actually wonder if Kirk is even capable of running certain routes.
It was definitely a poor plan to draft Kirk, Isabella, and KeeSean when Fitz is where he is at in his career.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
it would be very Cardinal-esque to move Kirk to the slot next year, watch him catch 70 balls for 950 yards and then leave in free agency

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose