New Cardinal Center?, just released by the Texans

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
Cardinals need a center and Nick Martin has just been released by the Texans. 28 years old. In 62 games Martin had 12 penalties and gave up 6 sacks. Just what the Doctor ordered, perfect fit for Kruger's offensive line.
6' 4", 299 lbs. Current salary $7,250,000.00
Keim should get on the phone immediately.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pet peeve: I really don't get why the abbreviation "OC" is used for centers. Whenever i see it i think Offensive Coordinator. There's no defensive center and even for the ONE position that's represented on both offense and defense, tackle, while "OT" is common, "T" is widely recognized as being an offensive tackle. There is really zero reason to qualify "C" as an "offensive center"! (Same goes for "OG", but at least "OG" isn't widely used to describe another prominent football role.)

...dave

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pet peeve: I really don't get why the abbreviation "OC" is used for centers. Whenever i see it i think Offensive Coordinator. There's no defensive center and even for the ONE position that's represented on both offense and defense, tackle, while "OT" is common, "T" is widely recognized as being an offensive tackle. There is really zero reason to qualify "C" as an "offensive center"! (Same goes for "OG", but at least "OG" isn't widely used to describe another prominent football role.)

...dave

Ive never really seen it used this way until this thread.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

...dave

It annoys me as well. So much so that I changed the Thread Title to "Center" and added a "?" as this is just specualtion.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am not sold on Nick Martin being significantly better than Mason Cole much less being good. He might be an average C, but that is at best. Just pay Corey Linsley and if he decides to sign elsewhere then draft Creed Humphrey and move on.
FIFY

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, didn't mean to detail the thread, but glad I'm not the only one! :biglaugh:

...dave

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is one of the more stupider things I have ever read. It annoys me alot. I speak good English, too.

This is one of the more stupid things I have ever read. It annoys me a lot. I speak English well, too. ;)

You: American English
Me: English

*My earlier remark was a joke evidently lost on you.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sold on Nick Martin being significantly better than Mason Cole much less being good. He might be an average C, but that is at best. Just pay Corey Linsley and move on.

I agree. Some of our better years came after signing iupatu and Valdeer.
I’d rather go with a rookie Wr or rb than a rookie O-lineman.
We need improvement on the interior line NOW, not grooming someone for 2or 3 years down the line.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
with the standard qualifier that PFF is not everything:

Nick Martin was ranked #29 overall

Mason Cole was #31

in Martin's defense, a top 10 pass blocker, but his run blocking grade was awful

Last edited: