Sean Kugler: center is in need of an upgrade

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good to know
Interior line need at least 2 new pieces
Don't know if Josh Jones can play tackle or guard, but if Isnt ready we can sign a center guard in free agency and a top tackle at 16

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I could definitely see ARZ taking Humphrey. I don't think he falls to them in 2nd round, if they want him they can trade down a few spots from #16 and take him in Round 1.

I'd like Lindsey but he may be a little expensive and I think ARZ may cap space they have to make a run at Allen Robinson so improving the OL will probably be done in draft.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Area of concern for me. Generally speaking, when you have a young player who you are very confident in to play a specific role where there is a glaring hole, you don't talk up his versatility.

I understand that he said he would be an outstanding linemen for the future of the Cardinals but I feel he said a similar thing about Cole.

I guess my point is that I don't believe RT is as locked down as we may have thought it was and could be an option for the early parts of the draft as well.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Area of concern for me. Generally speaking, when you have a young player who you are very confident in to play a specific role where there is a glaring hole, you don't talk up his versatility.

I understand that he said he would be an outstanding linemen for the future of the Cardinals but I feel he said a similar thing about Cole.

I guess my point is that I don't believe RT is as locked down as we may have thought it was and could be an option for the early parts of the draft as well.
I wouldn't call it out of the question, but I think our backs are against the wall, sorta like when we started DJ Humphries after Bobby Massie left. We're just stretched so thin in terms of options, we can't afford to have another draft class that doesn't contribute much of anything in the top 3 picks again. Eventually these guys have to get significant playing time, and if they suck on the field, it needs to fall back to accountability for both our GM/scouting department, and coaching for not getting anything out of these guys with a full year or more of practice under their belts.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We have to enter next year with 2 new starters on the O-Line. It could be Galiard or Jones and a FA/Rookie...or it could be two new players...but their play has to be upgraded.

My personal plan would be to go with Galliard at Center and Jones at RT. Both guys need a chance to actually play and see if we have anything. I would sign the top OG on the market, and I would let things play out with DJ - Pugh - Gaillard - Thuney - Jones

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jalen Mayfield
Christian Darrisaw
Teven Jenkins

All seem to have become an option in round 1 to join Slater, Sewell, and AVT.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
We have to enter next year with 2 new starters on the O-Line. It could be Galiard or Jones and a FA/Rookie...or it could be two new players...but their play has to be upgraded.

My personal plan would be to go with Galliard at Center and Jones at RT. Both guys need a chance to actually play and see if we have anything. I would sign the top OG on the market, and I would let things play out with DJ - Pugh - Gaillard - Thuney - Jones

I like this plan, pro bowl player between two “rookie” starters. Hopefully he teaches both a thing or two.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So u are projecting Josh starting at right tackle when the coach make it clear he is better suited to play guard

So LT Humphreys LG Pugh. C free agent/draft/Galliard ? RG Murray/Jones RT free agent draft

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So u are projecting Josh starting at right tackle when the coach make it clear he is better suited to play guard

So LT Humphreys LG Pugh. C free agent/draft/Galliard ? RG Murray/Jones RT free agent draft

Whoa! whoa! Kugler simply said that Jones was versatile, not where he's best suited.

* and Marcus Gilbert, back from COVID opt-out, is under contract.

So LT Humphreys LG Pugh C Cole/Galliard/FA?/draft? RG FA?/Murray/draft? RT Jones/Gilbert

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose