Not many talks with Drake - 2021 RB situation?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Per ArizonaSports, Drake says there haven't been many discussions with the Cardinals about his contract.

What do you want to do about the 2021 RB situation?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasn't there a rumor cards are heavily interested in aaron jones i think is his name gb running back

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I guess draft one in the 3rd or maybe 5th?

Not that huge of a concern imo
Any names in mind? You know this class a lot better than I do.

I'd be very scared about relying on a 5th round guy alongside Edmonds. 3rd is still iffy. I feel this offense needs a true #1 guy.

Would you look to a veteran at all in free agency, or just potentially roll the dice and say Edmonds/Eno Benjamin/a low draft pick or post-draft pickup is going to be the way we go?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'd be very scared about relying on a 5th round guy alongside Edmonds. 3rd is still iffy. I feel this offense needs a true #1 guy.

Would you look to a veteran at all in free agency, or just potentially roll the dice and say Edmonds/Eno Benjamin/a low draft pick or post-draft pickup is going to be the way we go?
The offense needs a good interior OL. That’s what we should be building first & foremost. That will make the offense go.

A 5th rounder is fine. I like Elijah Mitchell out of Louisiana Lafayette.

I’d go Elijah/Chase/either Ward or Eno as the 3.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Get a dominate O line and that will solve most of our running problems. Keep Chase and get a thumper RB who is fast enough

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Jones would cost about the same as Drake I think.

I'm more inclined to draft for one personally. Trade back a few picks, pick up an extra 3rd. Something like that.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Wasn't there a rumor cards are heavily interested in aaron jones i think is his name gb running back

Jones is probably the top RB in free agency. He's going to be a $8-$10 million dollar investment. I don't see how the team can afford him.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jones is probably the top RB in free agency. He's going to be a $8-$10 million dollar investment. I don't see how the team can afford him.
Yea if that's the case would rather use that elsewhere lber oline corners

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

I think Carlos Hyde should be considered by the team. He is a durable back who produces and would be complimented by Edmunds.

On another note, it's being reported that Alshon Jefferies and Malik Jackson are going to be released by the Eagles. I think Jefferies can be had for half of what he made in Philly ($4.5 million) and being across from Hopkins should give him a good amount of single coverage.

Jackson is probably better than anyone the team presently has on the interior of the Dline. You can probably get Jackson for $2-3 million. His salary with Philly was only $1 million.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Carlos Hyde should be considered by the team. He is a durable back who produces and would be complimented by Edmunds.

On another note, it's being reported that Alshon Jefferies and Malik Jackson are going to be released by the Eagles. I think Jefferies can be had for half of what he made in Philly ($4.5 million) and being across from Hopkins should give him a good amount of single coverage.

Jackson is probably better than anyone the team presently has on the interior of the Dline. You can probably get Jackson for $2-3 million. His salary with Philly was only $1 million.

Alshon is so injury prone and I think kinda washed at this point. The only even somewhat good game he had was against an equally washed Peterson.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Drake is way overpaid and my guess is he’s about to find that out. Wait to see who gets hung out in free agency and who goes late in the draft. They just need someone who hits the hole quickly and doesn’t dance. Add in a low fumble rate and you’ve got your back. I’d consider a trade down to take an early back but I doubt they’ll find a match.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Someday I'd like to find out why Eno Benjamin never saw playing time.
He is a rookie who doesn't play special teams and couldn't be trusted in pass protection. Assuming we let Drake walk and if we don't sign a proven veteran, Eno should at least get a shot to spell Edmonds. Unless we go RB early in the draft, which I would be against though. Get a powerback in the middle or late rounds and run a healthy rotation or "hot hand".

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine with not bringing Drake back. I wouldn't pay any RB significant money unless they were a generational talent. It's relatively easy to find productive players at that position, especially if you have a competent line in front of them.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He is a rookie who doesn't play special teams and couldn't be trusted in pass protection. Assuming we let Drake walk and if we don't sign a proven veteran, Eno should at least get a shot to spell Edmonds. Unless we go RB early in the draft, which I would be against though. Get a powerback in the middle or late rounds and run a healthy rotation or "hot hand".

i do like ward as the power back. We’ll add one more RB for depth. The addition might be required to play special teams discounting a veteran? This could be the year to low cost the RB position and fly with Edmonds, Eno and the Warden.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA