Trail Blazers @ Suns Monday game thread 2-22-2021

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean or you can ignore numbers and just try and discredit a guy when you should just admit your wrong.

Kanter averages 11.1 boards a game to Ayton's 12.1 but Kanter only plays 25.4 minutes a game compared to Ayton's 31.9 minutes. So Kanter averages more per minute and has a higher rate of rebounding than Ayton despite being below him in per game average. That would make most say he's the better rebounder when they're matched up, which is the case tonight. When it comes to skill, Kanter is better, like Eddie said and I agree with.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Liked what I saw from DA. He attacked more than usual including a couple nice dunks. Though he did get worked on the defensive boards by Kanter a bit.

He was a lot more active in this one. I loved this play by DA where he attacked the rim over 3 players and dunked it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That play above was definitely a moment that Ouchie and I borg’d out and texted each other simultaneously: YES!

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I liked that DA stayed in it even though things didn't go his way in the first half of the first quarter. Booker did well to get him re-engaged. I don't think it was his best effort of the season though.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kanter averages 11.1 boards a game to Ayton's 12.1 but Kanter only plays 25.4 minutes a game compared to Ayton's 31.9 minutes. So Kanter averages more per minute and has a higher rate of rebounding than Ayton despite being below him in per game average. That would make most say he's the better rebounder when they're matched up, which is the case tonight. When it comes to skill, Kanter is better, like Eddie said and I agree with.

Ayton also spends more time away from the basket guarding players on the perimeter, as of a week or 2 ago he was top 5 in contesting 3pt shots in the league. Even spending more time defending the perimeter than other top rebounders he's still 6th in TRB%. I'll take that over guys like Kanter and Drummond who won't even contest most shots and just position for the rebound.

Ayton has flaws and but rebounding certainly isn't one, even if he could stand to improve his boxing out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh... we’re 1 game back of the 2nd best record in the entire league.

The Jazz are playing on another planet right now. Their roster is so solid with lots of shooters.

I'm beginning to wonder how close the Suns are to competing for a championship. If they were able to add a power forward they would be close.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I enjoyed these three posts B2B2B. haha

Great win! This team is hell on earth when we make our threes. I'd almost wager to say that no one beats us when we are over 40% from the 3pt stripe.
Hell has frozen over.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA