Kyler on Pat Mcafee show

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok. I will be very whiny here. Some may call this a "boomer mentality" but I hate that all he talks about is "we" and never really says "me" when it comes to inconsistency and getting better. You are the damn QB. You need to get better. And if your teammates are not doing the little things then it is your job to get them to do it. Lead your team instead of complaining about what they aren't doing. Ugh.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok. I will be very whiny here. Some may call this a "boomer mentality" but I hate that all he talks about is "we" and never really says "me" when it comes to inconsistency and getting better. You are the damn QB. You need to get better. And if your teammates are not doing the little things then it is your job to get them to do it. Lead your team instead of complaining about what they aren't doing. Ugh.

That's a good point but I wasn't sure if he was talking about things above him such as coaching, game prep etc as he talks about the organisation a lot rather than the team.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"It was like, you just didn't know which team you were getting," the Cardinals quarterback said Monday during an appearance on the “Pat McAfee Show,” part of a car wash of interviews Murray was doing for Super Bowl week.

"That comes down to us being inconsistent," Murray added. "For me, it starts with the little things, and I have said it before, organizations that win, they do everything right. They do everything the right way. Attention to detail, the small things. I've said, how you do anything is how you do everything.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Complaining about nothing
He knows he has to get better in some areas
I'm fine when a team leader use the "we" instead the "I"
It looks like many users here just waiting to point the finger on him for almost everything he says

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Complaining from nothing
He knows he has to get better in some areas
I'm fine when a team leader use the "we" instead of the "I"
It looks like many uses here just waiting to point the finger on him for almost everything he says
When you are addressing praise, a leader spreads it out. When you are addressing criticism, a leader takes in on himself.

The fact that he never once says I have to get better. I have to be more consistent. Or even says what he said and then stating that it starts with him. The lack of any of this comes across very arrogant and not very accountable.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He says "for me, it starts with the little things"

He does. But that doesn’t mean he was referring to himself. He could be projecting that toward his teamates or the organization... Hard to say how it was meant.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is tough for me to read it that way when he continues his statement talking about top organizations. I am sure I am overreacting, but the whole thing came across as a downer for me.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is tough for me to read it that way when he continues his statement talking about top organizations. I am sure I am overreacting, but the whole thing came across as a downer for me.

Well, we do know where you stand per an earlier post:

"I don't even care for Kyler Murray that much and he is borderline untradeable for me".

"We" includes the person making a statement.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

his statement is ambiguous

one could read it as him taking his share and trying not to single someone out

or

one could read it as him saying its the organization's fault

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"It was like, you just didn't know which team you were getting," the Cardinals quarterback said Monday during an appearance on the “Pat McAfee Show,” part of a car wash of interviews Murray was doing for Super Bowl week.

"That comes down to us being inconsistent," Murray added. "For me, it starts with the little things, and I have said it before, organizations that win, they do everything right. They do everything the right way. Attention to detail, the small things. I've said, how you do anything is how you do everything.

Nothing wrong with this.

I dont blame him, Bidwill is running a country club and is not focused on winning.

That much is obvious

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Like all the false starts. At some point that has to be fixed. We're not doing the clap snap so there's really no excuse. People complain Murray doesn't mix up the snap count etc but you can see why, we jump too much as it is.

I was fine with the whole thing last time I checked when Kyler Murray says we, it includes Kyler Murray

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
all throughout the season he took blame for the offensive woes, he's removed from football right now doing a fun interview about a cool charity thing he's doing. i see no problem with his answers given the circumstances. "we" means "me". imagine if he said "they" lmao

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I read this the same way, FWIW, but I am biased.

all throughout the season he took blame for the offensive woes, he's removed from football right now doing a fun interview about a cool charity thing he's doing. i see no problem with his answers given the circumstances. "we" means "me". imagine if he said "they" lmao

Link?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Link?

This is a question not a statement. When you say you are biased, do you not like Murray? if you don't what don't you like, is he too small, can't read defenses etc.

I'm in no way saying I think he's perfect I just think honestly the 2 biggest concerns I have are size, and baseball. he can't do anything about size, and with each year in football, baseball becomes less of a concern.

this is the statement part.

He can clearly get better than he is now and he still put up 37 TD's this year and if you just add in the drops by Kirk he's at 40. So even though I agree he struggled after the Seattle game, he was still the best QB we've had since Kurt Warner, by a mile, and he's only 23.

I also think aside from size many of his issues are readily fixable. If he can improve throwing on the run when going right it will dramatically improve him, right now he overwhelmingly takes off and runs when he goes right, when he goes left he's far more likely to throw the ball, which IMO is why if I could find running splits I would be very surprised if he doesn't average more yards running left than right, because when he goes right he usually runs and defenses know this.

He has to get better throwing over the middle of the field but much of this is mechanics and footwork, don't throw backing up as often, unless throwing over a pass rusher. He significantly cut the sacks this year and the running backwards, keep working on that and moving up in the pocket. Learn to get outside the pocket, and reset. Those are all things that can be taught.

You watch Rodgers or Mahomes and they don't run nearly as often but they're very good at extending the play getting outside and then when the defense starts to come up thinking it's a run, over the top they go with the throw. If Kyler can get even remotely as good at that as they are it's going to be huge. Much of that is coaching, Rodgers for all the Tedford robot stuff the reason he's so good throwing on the run is he always has the ball in position to throw on the run, Kyler often has it down at his waist or lower, in one hand loosely. Same with Mahomes when he's moving outside the pocket he has the ball in position to throw if someone breaks free, Kyler often doesn't, that's coachable.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, we do know where you stand per an earlier post:

"I don't even care for Kyler Murray that much and he is borderline untradeable for me".

"We" includes the person making a statement.
Pre draft/joining the Cardinals bias is a hard thing to shake. Going to take a Super Bowl for them to come around...maybe.

And that not a knock on them. Its hard for me to shake years of watching Kliff in the Big 12, but I'd say I'm trying.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is a question not a statement. When you say you are biased, do you not like Murray? if you don't what don't you like, is he too small, can't read defenses etc.

I'm in no way saying I think he's perfect I just think honestly the 2 biggest concerns I have are size, and baseball. he can't do anything about size, and with each year in football, baseball becomes less of a concern.

He can clearly get better than he is now and he still put up 37 TD's this year and if you just add in the drops by Kirk he's at 40. So even though I agree he struggled after the Seattle game, he was still the best QB we've had since Kurt Warner, by a mile, and he's only 23.

I also think aside from size many of his issues are readily fixable. If he can improve throwing on the run when going right it will dramatically improve him, right now he overwhelmingly takes off and runs when he goes right, when he goes left he's far more likely to throw the ball, which IMO is why if I could find running splits I would be very surprised if he doesn't average more yards running left than right, because when he goes right he usually runs and defenses know this.

He has to get better throwing over the middle of the field but much of this is mechanics and footwork, don't throw backing up as often, unless throwing over a pass rusher. He significantly cut the sacks this year and the running backwards, keep working on that and moving up in the pocket. Learn to get outside the pocket, and reset. Those are all things that can be taught.

You watch Rodgers or Mahomes and they don't run nearly as often but they're very good at extending the play getting outside and then when the defense starts to come up thinking it's a run, over the top they go with the throw. If Kyler can get even remotely as good at that as they are it's going to be huge. Much of that is coaching, Rodgers for all the Tedford robot stuff the reason he's so good throwing on the run is he always has the ball in position to throw on the run, Kyler often has it down at his waist or lower, in one hand loosely. Same with Mahomes when he's moving outside the pocket he has the ball in position to throw if someone breaks free, Kyler often doesn't, that's coachable.

Murray is, much of the time, fun as heck to watch. I don't really dig his personality, and I don't think he's doing the classwork/film study to be great, which I think is ultimately going to hold him back.

A lot of his TDs, IMO, are vultured from a running back in a more functional/balanced offense.

I think that we can all agree that his biggest plays are happening outside of schedule/play design. I don't see that he's working on the hard, boring, awful work that fixes and tweaks those little mechanical things, or wants to.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

carson palmer. btw, better than warner with the cards.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Link?
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ter-after-sloppy-performance-against-cowboys/
“I missed a throw to Hop, which shouldn’t happen. Missed a throw to Larry (Fitzgerald). Just a lot of stuff left out there, a lot of opportunities left out there. It could have been a lot better.”

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
"i think if i don't turn the ball over 3 times we have a better chance to win the game"

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
same interview, takes direct blame for the loss "if i didn't do what i did today we woulda won the game"

i don't feel like getting links from his mic'd up vids with the cards, but he has gone up to receivers during the game and told them "that's on me" for bad throws, ints, missing open recievers ect.

he clearly doesn't love talking to the media, that starts with kliff. kliff has openly said that he doesn't like talking to the media, that rolls down hill.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose