Best Players Available for Trade on Cap Strapped Teams

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s the problem.

It's pretty obvious nobody here has watched any Saints games when your fawning over Lattimore when he hasn't been good since his rookie season.

I mean, Saints FAN sites are writing "he's been trash" articles. When homers are saying he's trash, he's been trash.

But lets ignore the fans, the grades, the passer ratings against and focus on them Pro Bowls. That's seems smart.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They should go full rebuild and trade Thomas, Lattimore, Kamara, Jordan etc lol.
I think Cam Jordan, Marshon Lattimore, emmanuel Sanders, and taysom hill may indeed all be gone. I also wouldn't be shocked if they shipped Mike Thomas.

When figuring out their moves, it is easier to look at the guys they can't move and just work from there.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious nobody here has matched any Saints games when your fawning over Lattimore when he hasn't been good since his rookie season.

I mean, Saints FAN sites are writing "he's been trash" articles. When homers are saying he's trash, he's been trash.

But lets ignore the fans, the grades, the passer ratings against and focus on them Pro Bowls. That's seems smart.

Do we have to trust the opinion of saints fans or the experts here watching every Saints games?
I don't know
Allowing a 117 rating is horrible
I do expect saints fans considering p21 a better player then what we do

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Pittsburgh has issues with the cap as well -- currently $-35mm

if Ben retires, then it goes to -$16mm, which makes it easier, but also says "rebuild"

some players to think about:

CB Joe Haden. 2021 is his last year under contract and he is 31. $7mm salary for the 2021 year. If you trade, its a late pick. I suspect he gets released.

CB Steven Nelson. 2021 is also his last year. 27 years old. $8.25 mm salary for 2021. Doubtful he is released, but might be a trade candidate.

C Maurkice Pouncey. 2021 is his last year. 31, but thats young in OL years. $8mm salary for 2021. If you traded, probably want to extend him a couple years to get that cap number down.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like the idea of Fletcher Cox for a 3rd and William Jackson more than Lattimore for a 1st. In my mind, that allows us to really focus on adding pieces to the offense and the option of trading back.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is a hype contest. Don't quote Pro Bowl's to me as soon kind of measure of talent.

It's literally "Which guy have I heard was good once?"

Mitch Trubisky made the Pro Bowl.
I hate that argument that the pro bowl is overrated or that it’s a popularity context.

how many bad players do you see in the pro bowl? I’m sure Josh Mccown was very popular. How many times was he in the pro bowl?

where the pro bowl got watered down in the past was when the 2nd-3rd alternate would get in because of injury or guys still playing. That alternate was still a good player.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just read this about Lattimore

Marshon Lattimore Has Been Terrible in 2020
By Larry Rupp | Oct 13, 2020, 2:58 PM EDT
You must be registered for see images attach

Marshon Lattimore has struggled so far this season and not played up to the abilities he has shown in the past. | Derick E. Hingle/USA Today Sports

Marshon Lattimore has always been touted for his potential All-Pro abilities at cornerback, but he has had a rough start to the 2020 season as his statistics are nowhere near what they have been in the past.

Inconsistency and frustrating play has plagued Lattimore all season as he has not been able to put together a great all-around game through five weeks. He shines on some plays, but then gets beat the next.

Lattimore is anything but a shutdown corner at this point in the season. He has allowed 78.9 percent completion rate when targeted and already given up three touchdowns on the season, which already equals his season total from last year.

He has allowed a career-worst 13.4 yards per target thus far. Prior to this year he had never allowed more than 9.8. In fact, quarterbacks have a perfect 158.3 passer rating when targeting Lattimore in coverage – another significant jump from his previous career-low (98.4).

This has had really negative impact on the Saints' defense, which is surrendering 30.0 points per game (No. 26 in the NFL). New Orleans needs Lattimore to return to his Pro-Bowl level of play if it hopes to compete for a Lombardi Trophy this season.

To be fair, injuries have likely played a part in his rough start to the year. But Lattimore has picked the worst time to struggle as he's in line for a major contract extension next offseason if he plays up to his potential.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate that argument that the pro bowl is overrated or that it’s a popularity context.

how many bad players do you see in the pro bowl? I’m sure Josh Mccown was very popular. How many times was he in the pro bowl?

where the pro bowl got watered down in the past was when the 2nd-3rd alternate would get in because of injury or guys still playing. That alternate was still a good player.

Well I just mentioned Trubisky so there's one.

Just because bad players don't make the Pro Bowl doesn't mean they deserve to be in the Pro Bowl.

Marshon Lattimore made the Pro Bowl this year giving up a 117 passer rating and more TD's that his previous 3 years combined. Because the Pro Bowl isn't about what they did this year. It's about "Which of these guys is supposed to be generally good because social media told me so?".

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well I just mentioned Trubisky so there's one.

Just because bad players don't make the Pro Bowl doesn't mean they deserve to be in the Pro Bowl.

Marshon Lattimore made the Pro Bowl this year giving up a 117 passer rating and more TD's that his previous 3 years combined. Because the Pro Bowl isn't about what they did this year. It's about "Which of these guys is supposed to be generally good because social media told me so?".
According to pro football database he was targeted 85 times, gave up 45 catches for 626 and 7 TDs, a rating of 94.5. He shadowed opponents #1 most the time, which includes Julio/Ridley, Mike Evans, and DJ Moore for 6 of his games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LattMa01.htm
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jalen Ramsey, according to the same site, allowed 36-71 354 and 2 TDs. He’s considered the best corner in the NFL and it took 2 1s and a 4 to get him :shrug:

In 2019 he was voted into the top 100 by his peers and I would assume he is well on his way to the same accolade this season.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Do u watch 'every nfl games
I doubt
I'm honest saying I don't watch many games outside the Cardinals, but do u?
Obviously you have an excuse being on the other side of the world, but I watch Monday Night, Thursday Night, Saturday games, and then go to a bar on Sundays with all games on, and even if I stayed home, would watch at least three games.

That's at least 5 games a week if you aren't even changing the channel. I'm sure major fans of the sport here like DVontel and I are catching those and maybe more.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Obviously you have an excuse being on the other side of the world, but I watch Monday Night, Thursday Night, Saturday games, and then go to a bar on Sundays with all games on, and even if I stayed home, would watch at least three games.

That's at least 5 games a week if you aren't even changing the channel. I'm sure major fans of the sport here like DVontel and I are catching those and maybe more.
U like to change the version of what other people said, frequently
I said I didn't watch the saints this year but I watched some other games outside the Cardinals
However, I posted some articles
Marshon Lattimore played badly last season

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
U like to change the version of what other people said, frequently
I said I didn't watch the saints this year but I watched some other games outside the Cardinals
However, I posted some articles
Marshon Lattimore played badly last season
How am I changing what you said?

Do u watch 'every nfl games
I doubt
I'm honest saying I don't watch many games outside the Cardinals, but do u?
I'm saying lots of us catch a lot of games. You said you didn't watch a single Saints game... here in America, they played 4 primetime games, and a game on Christmas, so 5 national games where there wasn't another game on. Plus, as a premiere team, they were often the default matchup broadcast to people. It wouldn't be a surprise at all if lots of posters here saw 5-8 Saints games sitting right there at home.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
These teams will be dumping many of the players in this thread. You could get them for middle round picks if you can take the salary. You could also let them get cut and compete for them. With the cap squeeze expect these players to depress the market for guys already cut. Great players, like NO’s Jenkins, will provide the option of going big or looking for a bargain.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How am I changing what you said?

I'm saying lots of us catch a lot of games. You said you didn't watch a single Saints game... here in America, they played 4 primetime games, and a game on Christmas, so 5 national games where there wasn't another game on. Plus, as a premiere team, they were often the default matchup broadcast to people. It wouldn't be a surprise at all if lots of posters here saw 5-8 Saints games sitting right there at home.

Are u joking or what?
I repeat, I watch some games not every games, then some highlights about the rest of the matches
I watch one match at 1pm east then the Cardinals, when the Cardinals game is over is almost 1.30am here
Sometimes thursday night
I doubt u watch more then 3 games a week
However it matter also how u watch the game
I guess u are very distracted doing it, considering some of the comments u made
when I watch nothing bother me, no talking, no music, no noize
Quality >>>>>>>>>quantity

However I didn't want to discuss about how many games we watch but about Lattimore and trading a first round pick for him
From what I could read, many reported it, he played poorly in 2020 so i just wondering how the guys who watched him last season can be pleased sending a first round pick for him and his fatty salary

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Are u joking or what?
I repeat, I watch some games not every games, then some highlights about the rest of the matches
I watch one match at 1pm east then the Cardinals, when the Cardinals game is over is almost 1.30am here
Sometimes thursday night
I doubt u watch more then 3 games a week
However it matter also how u watch the game
I guess u are very distracted doing it, considering some of the comments u made
when I watch nothing bother me, no talking, no music, no noize
Quality >>>>>>>>>quantity
Dude, I literally said you have an excuse in my first post, I'm not coming at you. You live in a place where it's hard to watch a game. I absolutely watch more than three games a week.

And I'm also not on board sending a first round pick for Lattimore and paying him on top of it.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, I literally said you have an excuse in my first post, I'm not coming at you. You live in a place where it's hard to watch a game. I absolutely watch more than three games a week.

And I'm also not on board sending a first round pick for Lattimore and paying him on top of it.
Good man, u never lose your cool

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to pro football database he was targeted 85 times, gave up 45 catches for 626 and 7 TDs, a rating of 94.5. He shadowed opponents #1 most the time, which includes Julio/Ridley, Mike Evans, and DJ Moore for 6 of his games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LattMa01.htm

Jalen Ramsey, according to the same site, allowed 36-71 354 and 2 TDs. He’s considered the best corner in the NFL and it took 2 1s and a 4 to get him :shrug:

In 2019 he was voted into the top 100 by his peers and I would assume he is well on his way to the same accolade this season.

Firstly, PFF watch every single play Lattimore made with 3 different sets of eyes. PFR did not.

Second, I linked 3 different articles from the last 2 years saying how bad Lattimore had been. So I don't think quibbling over 117 or 94 really matters.

Here's another one. Says 100.3 passer rating allowed. Although as I say I'm more inclined to go with PFF on this one as there's far more hours put into each player.

Either way, you can see where he is ranked in each category. A lot of 40's, 50's and 60's in there.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/marshon-lattimore/#!#current-year

It's statistically clear he's not a top 10 CB. At least not recently. I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay top 10 prices.

I'd send a 2nd max, and pay him $15m tops.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Firstly, PFF watch every single play Lattimore made with 3 different sets of eyes. PFR did not.

Second, I linked 3 different articles from the last 2 years saying how bad Lattimore had been. So I don't think quibbling over 117 or 94 really matters.

Here's another one. Says 100.3 passer rating allowed. Although as I say I'm more inclined to go with PFF on this one as there's far more hours put into each player.

Either way, you can see where he is ranked in each category. A lot of 40's, 50's and 60's in there.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/marshon-lattimore/#!#current-year

It's statistically clear he's not a top 10 CB. At least not recently. I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay top 10 prices.

I'd send a 2nd max, and pay him $15m tops.

Rumor is he could be had with a 2nd because they’re so cash strapped, but the problem is we’re in the middle of the 2nd, so another team can easily jump in front of us. You state he’s not too 10, but would pay him $15m tops which would make him the 7th highest paid Corner? Again he’s covering number one WRs in a division that has a bunch of them. He’s better than anyone we’ve had the last 3 years and I think he’s better than anyone we can get at 16 at the position.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumor is he could be had with a 2nd because they’re so cash strapped, but the problem is we’re in the middle of the 2nd, so another team can easily jump in front of us. You state he’s not too 10, but would pay him $15m tops which would make him the 7th highest paid Corner? Again he’s covering number one WRs in a division that has a bunch of them. He’s better than anyone we’ve had the last 3 years and I think he’s better than anyone we can get at 16 at the position.

Thats how free agency works. People get paid more than they are worth now in the hope they are value at the end of the deal. I'm just being realistic.

Here's the problem. You say he's better than anyone we've had the last 3 years but based on what? I'd guess it's based on his great rookie season which he has been coasting on ever since. I don't see recent evidence of him being close to that.

I only said MAX 2nd because you have to gamble on a new scheme, new coaches and a change of scenery on getting the best out of him. I don't think he's worth a 2nd on recent performance but it would be a gamble on him returning to form.

On saying all that, given his recent performances I'd rather take a shot on a rookie with a rookie deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose