AFC Divisional Round: Ravens at Bills

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baltimore Center doing his best Mason Cole impression I count 5 bad snaps tonight so far

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Notice how when the Bills need a big play they go to their best player?

Hmmmm

the Bills offense hasn’t done much tonight.

but I think they might break it open Baltimore looking tired now

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Are mobile QBs sustainable into playoff time, or just fun statbuilders in the regular season?

Allen's a bit of a different beast, but with Lamar out, and Kyler's breakdown after the shoulder and leg injury... what're we really looking at?

(I'll probably make another thread about this unless Jackson trots back in from the poops.)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are mobile QBs sustainable into playoff time, or just fun statbuilders in the regular season?

Allen's a bit of a different beast, but with Lamar out, and Kyler's breakdown after the shoulder and leg injury... what're we really looking at?

(I'll probably make another thread about this unless Jackson trots back in from the poops.)

Baltimore is just flawed. They rely on the running game and that’s pretty much it.

who’s the best Baltimore WR?

Allen is a running QB.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

At some point you have to win the game from the pocket. Playoff defenses are too good to solely rely on your legs. KM and Lamar need to spend serious time with Jordan Palmer in the off season. Also, doesn't help KM that he plays in an offense designed for kids coming out of high school.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Baltimore is just flawed. They rely on the running game and that’s pretty much it.

Allen is a running QB.
I think lots of us talked about Hollywood Brown when drafting Kyler, and he's their #1. Are they dramatically better with another WR?

That said, I agree with you. In a way, it's almost my point... that Greg Roman offense is cool when it relies on the run, but can teams win with that? When your star gets hurt, what happens? Guys like Rodgers can push the ball down the field and extend their careers.

At some point you have to win the game from the pocket. Playoff defenses are too good to solely rely on your legs. KM and Lamar need to spend serious time with Jordan Palmer in the off season. Also, doesn't help KM that he plays in an offense designed for kids coming out of high school.
I think KM is a better pure passer than Lamar - I'd love to see him work with Palmer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think lots of us talked about Hollywood Brown when drafting Kyler, and he's their #1. Are they dramatically better with another WR?

That said, I agree with you. In a way, it's almost my point... that Greg Roman offense is cool when it relies on the run, but can teams win with that? When your star gets hurt, what happens? Guys like Rodgers can push the ball down the field and extend their careers.

I think KM is a better pure passer than Lamar - I'd love to see him work with Palmer.

and Hollywood Brown has been bad he can’t get off a press in the NFL.

It’s easy to say well Rodgers can do this, there’s only 1 Aaron Rodgers a guy like Lamar is going to need help on offense. He has no real weapons. You see what Diggs has done for Allen

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Allen is a running QB.

Not this year he wasn’t. He only had 400 yards rushing this year. In his third year, Allen became a pocket QB that could run, doing most of his damage as a passer with career highs of 4500 yards passing and 37 passing TDs only 10 picks and a 107 passer rating.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not this year he wasn’t. He only had 400 yards rushing this year. In his third year, Allen became a pocket QB that could run, doing most of his damage as a passer with career highs of 4500 yards passing and 37 passing TDs only 10 picks and a 107 passer rating.

good lord he’s come a long way

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm here to see a Baltimore receiver make a catch.

That's the problem with Greg Romans offense. TEs, running back, and backyard QBs flourish in Romans offense.

WRs go there to die. The last Wr that flourished in Greg Romans offense was Crabtree in SF

I would bring in Greg Roman as run game coordinator and that's it

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Other types of QB’s got hurt all year too...

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You think?? That goes without saying. I’m a better pure passer than Lamar.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Other types of QB’s got hurt all year too...
Yet their offenses didn't come to a grinding halt because their QB couldn't run.

It's a wholly different situation when you intentionally expose your QB to hits as opposed to him taking a flukey sack.

And none of this is really meant as a knock on Kyler or Lamar Jackson, just an observation that for all of the hype we're getting for QBs with elite athleticism, that kind of style might not hold up over 20 games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA