BR: Most likely landing spots for Patrick Peterson.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read peterson on Pff grades was ranked in the 80's among 107cb's
Based on that performance I doubt anyone would give him more then 6/7 mil for year

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I read peterson on Pff grades was ranked in the 80's among 107cb's
Based on that performance I doubt anyone would give him more then 6/7 mil for year
Saw that too
But lots of those ratings are based on how many times you’re thrown at and his number is lower than most
The assumption is he is thrown at less because he usually has lockdown coverage
But I think he is often thrown at less due to reputation

dude can’t cover a crossing pattern to save his life

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw that too
But lots of those ratings are based on how many times you’re thrown at and his number is lower than most
The assumption is he is thrown at less because he usually has lockdown coverage
But I think he is often thrown at less due to reputation

dude can’t cover a crossing pattern to save his life

In any case there at least 30 cb's better then him actually
I wouldn't think he will be paid for his name, at 30 years old his performances drastically dropped, and any GMs in the league is aware of it

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In any case there at least 30 cb's better then him actually
I wouldn't think he will be paid for his name, at 30 years old his performances drastically dropped, and any GMs in the league is aware of it
That’s basically saying he is one of the worst two starting corners in the league and that’s just not true

mom not a fan of the guy... been advocating trading him for three years

but he is still a top 20 guy at cb right now
But if we keep him he needs to be paid as a 15-20th best corner

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s basically saying he is one of the worst two starting corners in the league and that’s just not true

mom not a fan of the guy... been advocating trading him for three years

but he is still a top 20 guy at cb right now
But if we keep him he needs to be paid as a 15-20th best corner

Yes I wrong typed the number. I think he is the 15/20 range overall but probably next year sliding further
So I would let him test the market, and if he even offers a fairly deal I would pass, need to move on
I prefer a guy less talented but a full effort dude then a former all pro who doesn't want to tackle

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Peterson is washed. Keim could’ve traded him two years ago for a first round pick when he was still living off reputation.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson is washed. Keim could’ve traded him two years ago for a first round pick when he was still living off reputation.

The way the Bidwill operate isn't a key for the success, but i didn't reinvent the wheel, the legacy speak for itself
Too much gratitude, at the end of the day is a business, no trading peterson after ped/dropped performances, 11 mil to Fitzgerald, keim keeping the job after DUI and lying to an officer when other kids where released for less sever felonies or even not caught committing a crime
Isnt clearly a business man

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Many on this board talk about regression and not paying someone for what they did in the past.

Do we really believe Reddick is a consistent 10 sack/year OLB?
No. But he’s still relatively young and if he is we blew it letting him walk. Not an enviable position. I think that’s why you tag him to see if he can replicate it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Im sorry if this has been covered in this 12 page thread, havent read it all. Im on this board intermittently dependent on slowness at work haha. Heres a comprehensive look at some of the games top CBs

Games:
PP 16
Marlon Humphrey 15
James Bradberry 15
Xavien Howard 16
Marshon Lattimore 14

Times targeted:
PP 79
Humphrey 106
Bradberry 90
Howard 101
Lattimore 85

Completions allowed:
PP 53
Humphrey 65
Bradberry 55
Howard 52
Lattimore 45

Yards allowed:
PP 662
Humphrey 394
Bradberry 397
Howard 447
Lattimore 484

Air yards allowed:
PP 451
Humphrey 394
Bradberry 397
Howard 447
Lattimore 484

Passes defended:
PP 8
Humphrey 11
Bradberry 18
Howard 20
Lattimore 11

Touchdowns allowed:
PP 5 (i can still feel the Diggs touchdown, that was soul crushing)
Humphrey 3
Bradberry 4
Howard 4
Lattimore 7

Interceptions:
PP 3
Humphrey 1
Bradberry 3
Howard 10 (holy cow, what a stud)
Lattimore 7

Penalties committed
PP 10 (easily his worst category, maybe needs to learn to play differently now that hes slower)
Humphrey 5
Bradberry 3
Howard 6
Lattimore 7
Stats back up what we saw, PP is no longer close to what PP is in his own mind. Or his resume.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
TheCardFan nailed it above you - probably posted simultaneously.... but this reaffirms that PP is poor in tackling.

usually my PP tackling gripes are in the run support game but these stats show he tackles poorly in Pass and Run situations.

He might be making more plays on the ball and when you miss, the WR has room to run. Not sure though
Lol. No dude, it means that the stats aren’t accurate.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I don't think next year even matters, but I sure think people will be surprised with how much worse it can actually get. I guess we'll see when we trot the likes of Gareon Conley out there at CB1 alongside a rookie.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I don't think next year even matters, but I sure think people will be surprised with how much worse it can actually get. I guess we'll see when we trot the likes of Gareon Conley out there at CB1 alongside a rookie.

In almost every subject u trying to see it darker then it really is
Can u explain what are the risks moving on from p21(shell of himself) , and adding a solid veteran cb and a high draft pick?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
In almost every subject u trying to see it darker then it really is
Can u explain what are the risks moving on from p21(shell of himself) , and adding a solid veteran cb and a high draft pick?
I don't think there are solid veteran CBs available. I think they all are really bad. We need to draft a rookie or two no matter what, but if you're looking for a young, solid, #1 CB, this isn't the year in free agency, barring a surprise cap casualty.

And yeah, it's easy to be dark when the team just had an epic collapse down the stretch, has a ton of holes again, and doesn't have much money to fix it.

Edit: Let me just say, I don't think William Jackson will be available. The Bengals have too much cap space. He would be an adequate player if free.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think there are solid veteran CBs available. I think they all are really bad. We need to draft a rookie or two no matter what, but if you're looking for a young, solid, #1 CB, this isn't the year in free agency, barring a surprise cap casualty.

And yeah, it's easy to be dark when the team just had an epic collapse down the stretch, has a ton of holes again, and doesn't have much money to fix it.

Edit: Let me just say, I don't think William Jackson will be available. The Bengals have too much cap space. He would be an adequate player if free.

Check the list before saying they are not solid
In the next free agency there are 7/8 players more solid then p21, but very likely 10 /12 cause the fall of his performances

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Didn't know that holes, open space, was measured in tons. ;)

There's money, all kinds of creative ways to create more and the cap hasn't been set, yet.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Check the list before saying they are not solid
In the next free agency there are 7/8 players more solid then p21, but very likely 10 /12 cause the fall of his performances
I have checked the list. I've been posting it since November in multiple threads. The spots where there's value is primarily slot corner.

I'll admit - maybe someone knows the tale of the tape a little better than I do, and there's a guy out there who isn't much of a name, but when you look at the lists, the bigger names are all slot CBs. The outside guys are likely to get retained by their respective teams. The rest are as old as Pat P.

I honestly think if we let PP21 go, we're looking at Chidobe Awuzie or Gareon Conley as our #1 CB, and that gives me a headache.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose