Hawks @ Suns Wednesday game thread 1-13-2021 (postponed)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baynes was also playing out of his mind those first seven or so games.

Yeah he was and there's no way that he would have continued at that pace but injury/overuse really took a toll on what should have been a quality backup big man.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Friday vs Warriors postponed as well.

Friggin Wizards. Adam Silver finally messed up -- no Wizards games should have been scheduled.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friday vs Warriors postponed as well.

Friggin Wizards. Adam Silver finally messed up -- no Wizards games should have been scheduled.

Yeah this was easy to see coming. I kept hoping all day Monday that they'd cancel our game and I'm still surprised they didn't.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course the Suns are still scheduled to play the Pacers on Saturday.

The Warriors and Pacers games were back-to-back Friday-Saturday games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wizards are the gift that keeps on giving. A third player has tested positive.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wizards are the gift that keeps on giving. A third player has tested positive.

I think Boston is the gift that keeps on giving. I know Boston started with Covid issues the day after their game with Washington which is why I was concerned about facing the Wizards a couple days later.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Boston is the gift that keeps on giving. I know Boston started with Covid issues the day after their game with Washington which is why I was concerned about facing the Wizards a couple days later.

It was smart to be concerned. So wish that Wizards-Suns game wasn't played. It would have saved a lot of grief not to mention that humiliating loss.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Covid seems to make players play out of their mind. I remember when the Marlins had that winning streak in the middle of their outbreak.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Covid seems to make players play out of their mind. I remember when the Marlins had that winning streak in the middle of their outbreak.

That's probably not what's going on with the Wizards. They were likely exposed to Covid when they played a back to back against Boston and Miami (losing both games). They had a day off after those games and played us but have been shut down since.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised its still called Phoenix Suns Arena. I figured Sarver would be quick to find a new partner to name it. I know I still call it AWA occasionally and USAC, pronounced you-sack. Never could call it Talking Stick Resort.Arena. That.was.a terrible name.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Surprised its still called Phoenix Suns Arena. I figured Sarver would be quick to find a new partner to name it. I know I still call it AWA occasionally and USAC, pronounced you-sack. Never could call it Talking Stick Resort.Arena. That.was.a terrible name.

I still call it America West

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didn't even know they lost their sponsorship.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Basketball is such a close contact sport, with longer durations of close contact than football. It's analogous to dancing in a club. I dont know if this is going to work if the NBA just uses the NFL's approach of delay and pray.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol lg may postpone season at this point sooooo many players testing positive

Luckily vaccine coming soon so hopeful by say sep aug this has settled heavily

Hope season postponed doesn't happen obviously

Go suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns next scheduled game is an early game at the Grizzlies on Monday, 3 p.m. Arizona time.

It will be televised on FSAZ and TNT.

Suns could see Ja Morant.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the Suns can get Jalen Smith back against Houston (1/20) or against the Nuggets on (1/22).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA