This team is so soft

waterboy

Rookie
Reaction score
Little peeing puppies trying to run with the big dogs. Embarrassing on national TV once again.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is Kyler soft? If he could play in the 4th, why not the 3rd or 2nd? Can’t help but feel like a Tom Brady or Drew Brees type would have left for a play or series and then been back out there.

waterboy

Rookie
Reaction score
Yeah except the one minor detail that Reid's teams are always good while Kliff's always blow.

Kliff's innovation is nonsense. If he was that much of a trailblazer he would win football games.

This. Kliff the legend is just another peeing puppy that cannot run with the big dogs.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah except the one minor detail that Reid's teams are always good while Kliff's always blow.

Kliff's innovation is nonsense. If he was that much of a trailblazer he would win football games.
I’m not ready to close the casket yet, but this offense is not very exciting right now. It’s wild that his system at Texas Tech was so wide open but here it’s so constipated — even with how often we’re in five-wide alignment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even my mom took one look at Kliff’s face during the press conference and said “That guy can’t be the coach.”

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is Kyler soft? If he could play in the 4th, why not the 3rd or 2nd? Can’t help but feel like a Tom Brady or Drew Brees type would have left for a play or series and then been back out there.
Depends. Calling running plays and being poor on the interior its possible he could have been RG3'd out there. Which would really have been some Cardinals luck.

He took some nasty hits coming back into the game. Lamar Jackson almost sat out a huge game against the Browns until late in the 4th.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Belichek may have a quiet intensity but the players know dam sure he will end you at any moment if he doesn’t like what he sees. Yes all the Super Bowls give him that cred, but no one on the CArds fears KK. Fear is a great motivator sometimes

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s part of the softness and he’s not a leader guy looks like he wants to be anywhere else but on the field. I don’t know what happened after that Seattle OT win but that’s when everything changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You mean the Dolphins game where he carried the team? The Hail Murray play vs the 13-3 Bills?

At least get your timeline right.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I ask Murray what he wants and if he feels comfortable with Kliff. Doubt you're gonna get a huge vote of confidence. I think the quality of their relationship has been overstated the past two years.

Maybe it is a Kyler issue. I was driving home before the game and Dave Pasch mentioned the lack of relationship between Fitz and Kyler. That matched up with comments by another radio guy starting the Kyler doesn't ever really talk to Fitz or pick his brain.

Not sure I am giving Kyler input at this time. He hasn't earned that right

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok. How many TDS did he score in the last 4 games when all that was on the line was the postseason?

Yeah you mean the last 2 games against Defenses playing their asses off without Fitz, Edmonds, Kirk, and terrible game plans and coaching both weeks? Or the 2 before that where 33 and 26 with solid games for him in both? Kyler is NOT the problem on this team it’s becoming obvious the coaching is bad and not just Kyler but many players aren’t being coached up or put in positions to succeed.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Main issue is coaching. Wrong concepts called at wrong time. That option call on 3rd and 18 with a one legged QB and molasses RB encapsulates the absurdity of KKs play calling. Ditto for VJ having a LB try and cover a WR or never have answers for third and long

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Pair Kyler with McVay or Shanahan and see what happens. Between the horrible scheming, coaching, playcalling, and offensive personnel, he's playing with an anvil on his back.
Don’t know why you’d think those guys would want him. They seem to like pocket passers who can deliver the ball in rhythm.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you—those are two of the best offensive minds in football. But Kyler this season didn’t show much aptitude to keeping the offense on schedule when he’s not using his legs.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Of course it has. KK has been chasing around KM for years, trying to convince him he's
"the perfect QB for his system".

All along the way, KM has been like, "yeah I don't think so dude. You don't win. You couldn't even win with Pat Mahomes!"

When Kliff got Kyler, we was thrilled. When Kyler got Kliff he was like "this guy is a joke".

I firmly believe this

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I personally don't think Kyler is the problem. We were 6-3 at one point largely based on his athletic ability.

However, it's clear that defences adjusted to us and we did not respond. That's on coaching.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m not ready to close the casket yet, but this offense is not very exciting right now. It’s wild that his system at Texas Tech was so wide open but here it’s so constipated — even with how often we’re in five-wide alignment.
Didnt account for protection

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think he had 10 TDs the entire 2nd half of the season. Not really impressive.

seemed like teams got tape on the offense around the week 9 and neither Kyler nor Kliff ever adjusted.

Or he got hurt vs. the Seahawks and played with AC sprain for 3 weeks.

Last game he was bad and this game he was hurt.

So more like 13 total tds in 7 games and change (Just 3 series today)

3 vs. Bills
2 vs. Seahawks
0 vs. Pats
3 vs. Rams
1 vs. Giants
4 vs. Eagles
0 vs. 49ers
0 vs. Rams (3 series)

Added context: A couple Kirk dropped Tds as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or he got hurt vs. the Seahawks and played with AC sprain for 3 weeks.

Last game he was bad and this game he was hurt.

So more like 13 total tds in 7 games and change (Just 3 series today)

3 vs. Bills
2 vs. Seahawks
0 vs. Pats
3 vs. Rams
1 vs. Giants
4 vs. Eagles
0 vs. 49ers
0 vs. Rams (3 series)

Added context: A couple Kirk dropped Tds as well.

availability is an asset. So is the ability to stay healthy enough to be productive.

last 7 games... 9 TDs, whether that’s because his body is too weak to stay healthy enough to be effective or he just flat out sucked like last week.

and stop with the Kirk “dropped some TDs”z that all comes out in the wash with some of the ridiculous TDs Hopkins had and picks that were dropped.

bottom line, he wasn’t nearly effective down the stretch because he either played poorly or because his body wouldn’t allow him to be effective.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
availability is an asset. So is the ability to stay healthy enough to be productive.

last 7 games... 9 TDs, whether that’s because his body is too weak to stay healthy enough to be effective or he just flat out sucked like last week.

and stop with the Kirk “dropped some TDs”z that all comes out in the wash with some of the ridiculous TDs Hopkins had and picks that were dropped.

bottom line, he wasn’t nearly effective down the stretch because he either played poorly or because his body wouldn’t allow him to be effective.

Your original point was that teams got TAPE on Kyler and he never really adjusted. Yet omit the fact that the very same game he got hurt.

He was POW just two weeks prior.

No he didnt maintain the 48 TD pace he was on at midseason. However, I dont think its a tape issue that happened down the stretch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose