Time to move on from Kingsbury

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I'm not normally a reactionary person, but the last two weeks have completley ripped my heart out.

Against depleted teams with the playoffs on the line you go 0-2 playing totally weak football with horrible decision making from your coaching staff.

K1 covered up the flaws in this team with his athletic ability. Kingsbury needs to go.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. But only if its a package of new, strong, professional gm and his choice only for head coach without Bidwill influence. Tall task, but my wishes nonetheless.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people need to have a pile of crap force fed down their throat for years because they have no foresight. Lots of fans and the organization for this to a T.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agree. But only if its a package of new, strong, professional gm and his choice only for head coach without Bidwill influence. Tall task, but my wishes nonetheless.

Exactly. You either blow up the whole thing, which is my choice (New GM and new Coaching Staff), or you give all another year.

Keim picking a new coach isn't going to be good. He has failed twice in a row.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
KK is coming back...no question. However, it’s clear he needs a veteran OC to add some more creativity to this offense, and most of all, to actually develop KM into an NFL passer.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. You either blow up the whole thing, which is my choice (New GM and new Coaching Staff), or you give all another year.

Keim picking a new coach isn't going to be good. He has failed twice in a row.
Lol. This one’s a bit of a reach considering he didn’t pick either of the last two coaches....

rweb

Rookie
Reaction score
Why no question? He literally is an awful coach that brings nothing...... they win despite him

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
And part of all this is that he was oversold. This isn't "revolutionary" or "visionary" simply not working. This is "average" simply not working.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sad that bills win means nothing niw what a jk i feel empty inside

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff is probably the worst coach in the league behind Gase. The offensive scheme is absolutely horrible and the situational decision making is even worse. If he's not fired we will not even go .500 next season.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol. This one’s a bit of a reach considering he didn’t pick either of the last two coaches....

Keim has been the GM for 2 failed coaches in a a row. Wilkes and KK. He is the "FO", and if the Owner isn't going to listen to his GM then why even have him?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
How can you be so good at offense and so bad at offense at the same time? The players are succeeding in spite of what he is calling most of the time.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has failed twice in a row.
I actually think Bidwill forced the Wilks disaster. You could see it on keims face during that one. So I don't give too much blame to keim for that mess. The thing with even that assessment that scares me is Bidwills decision making in general. Even if we get rid of keim.. what does he do for gm? get another Wilks style hire in that spot? Yikes.

OP
OP
Redsz

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
KK is coming back...no question. However, it’s clear he needs a veteran OC to add some more creativity to this offense, and most of all, to actually develop KM into an NFL passer.
Personally I think the way this team performed the last two weeks, his play calling (screens) , and overall game management raise alot of questions.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He's only coming back because of the politics/optics. Which means we will have another poo show before he is gone. He was hired for his "offensive genius" and he has been the polar opposite. His ability to draw up plays sucks, his ability to actually call them game time sucks, his ability to get his team prepared and disciplined sucks. Basically he brings nothing to the table as HC or an OC, and he is doing both.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's only coming back because of the politics/optics. Which means we will have another **** show before he is gone. He was hired for his "offensive genius" and he has been the polar opposite. His ability to draw up plays sucks, his ability to actually call them game time sucks, his ability to get his team prepared and disciplined sucks. Basically he brings nothing to the table as HC or an OC, and he is doing both.

Spot on. He is absolutely horrible. His demeanor on the sideline says it all. He is constantly scared and timid. We need a real head coach.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree, but not happening this year. No way they do any buyouts with financial losses endured due to Covid.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The warning sign, flashing in huge neon lights, was the GM picking all of the assistants for the new HC. Then, proclaiming that KK was the HC on offense and VJ was the HC on defense, what could go wrong?

it was a cluster waiting to happen from the get go.

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

what is clear is KK sucks and is in way over his head just being in the NFL!
3rd and 18... I know, let’s run the option!
Gimme a ——ing break.
Goodbye Kliff, don’t let the door hit you in the ass

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My only two-part question to Kliff in the presser:

Hey Coach, on that 3rd and 18..... the Option play between Kyler and Chase......... Was that your play call or did Kyler audible in to that? And a follow up after that quick answer........ Take me through your though process being down by two scores, punting on that 4th down with 3 to 4 minutes left in your season.

Thanks.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He goes for it the week before at the wrong time and this week he doesn’t when you absolutely need to. Just bad coaching period

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Kingsbury is going nowhere, too big a contract for Mikey to eat. Vance will also be back. After another season of mediocrity, Mikey will fire Kingsbury and the new head coach will want a different QB as Murray only fits a certain type of offense and it's not a traditional NFL offense so the team will end up looking for another QB. In fact don't be surprise if Murray decides to jump to baseball when Kingsbury gets canned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA