I don't see it

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Again your credibility in player evaluation is almost zero. Every player or addition has been bashed by you constantly. Same on the Dbacks forum so seeing you bring them into your analysis doesnt surprise me one bit.

I actually applauded the entire D-Backs offseason last year, once they traded for Starling Marte to fill their gaping hole in CF and at the top of the order, and even called Mike Hazen a miracle worker, only for Torey Lovullo to misuse Marte and run the team into the ground.

As for the Suns, I was one of the few on this board not to lambast the Jalen Smith pick. Also, I applauded the Moore and Galloway signings and thought the Jones signing was okay.

Even last night, I complimented the play of Ayton and Crowder and observed that at least the team was competitive.

And people accuse ME of distorting facts...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This guy has hardly played. I also see him doing more coaching on the sidelines during the preseason than I ever saw Rubio do all year. We need someone to be that alpha dog that pushes guys. Booker is too much of a quiet assassin. He leads by doing. We need someone that is more vocal. I am reserving judgement until the games start counting. I am more disappointed in our reserves right now.

We need a point guard whose play is effective more than we need another coach on the sidelines. I agree that Moore and Carter have been colossal disappointments on the bench. Saric not playing is also disturbing. Cam, Nader, Galloway, Jones and Smith have been as expected, in my opinion. For me, CP3 has been by far the biggest disappointment.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually applauded the entire D-Backs offseason last year, once they traded for Starling Marte to fill their gaping hole in CF and at the top of the order, and even called Mike Hazen a miracle worker, only for Torey Lovullo to misuse Marte and run the team into the ground.

As for the Suns, I was one of the few on this board not to lambast the Jalen Smith pick. Also, I applauded the Moore and Galloway signings and thought the Jones signing was okay.

Even last night, I complimented the play of Ayton and Crowder and observed that at least the team was competitive.

And people accuse ME of distorting facts...
Annnnnd in the very next post you say what a disappointment 3 of them are...just by watching a practice game. You ain't fooling anyone.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Annnnnd in the very next post you say what a disappointment 3 of them are...just by watching a practice game. You ain't fooling anyone.

To which three are you referring? The only one of those named in the post that I mentioned as being disappointing thus far is Moore.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and these back and forths are what crap on my day. this forum is an outlet for me during the work week.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
A guy in his mid 30s isn't balling out in preseason?!?!

Be still my heart!!! This is it fellas! ITS THE END!
Damian Lillard was hitting EVERYTHING in the game I was watching. He shot 7 shots, 3 from 3 and had not missed when I turned the channel! Is he 30? :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Damian Lillard was hitting EVERYTHING in the game I was watching. He shot 7 shots, 3 from 3 and had not missed when I turned the channel! Is he 30? :)
Yeah, but of course not in his mid 30s. I would say up to 32-33 or so would be a player's prime.

Then it is usually a slow or fast decline from there depending on major injuries and things like that.

The plus side for Paul is that he hasn't really had major injuries throughout his career and as long as he avoids them now he should still be playing at a pretty high level these next 2 years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some excellent shooters can probably hit shots in their sleep.

Long after Suns Eddie Johnson retired from the NBA, he said something to the effect he could still be out there hitting shots but he had lost his brakes. He couldn't stop when running up and down the court. That's what often wears out in a player, the ability to stop.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, but of course not in his mid 30s. I would say up to 32-33 or so would be a player's prime.

Then it is usually a slow or fast decline from there depending on major injuries and things like that.

The plus side for Paul is that he hasn't really had major injuries throughout his career and as long as he avoids them now he should still be playing at a pretty high level these next 2 years.
I think it also highly depends on the nature of a player's effectiveness. If it is based on explosive athleticism then the player is going to drop off real quick. I don't necessarily think CP3 falls in that category (in the same way Nash or Tim Duncan didn't).

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
So at what point do we have to accept the fact that Ayton will never have the motor we want him to have? I was holding out hope that something would click for him but it's looking less and less likely. It's still too early, he's played only a handful of minutes with CP3, but I fear that a leopard never changes it's spots...
Trade him!

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
So at what point do we have to accept the fact that Ayton will never have the motor we want him to have? I was holding out hope that something would click for him but it's looking less and less likely. It's still too early, he's played only a handful of minutes with CP3, but I fear that a leopard never changes it's spots...
Trade him!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns fans literally have brain worms when it comes to Ayton. He’s been our MVP this year, but he only averages 10ppg lmao.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns fans literally have brain worms when it comes to Ayton. He’s been our MVP this year, but he only averages 10ppg lmao.

Defensively, I take it? Haven't been able to do anything other than peruse box scores so far.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defensively, I take it? Haven't been able to do anything other than peruse box scores so far.

He played horribly at both ends of the court in the first half of our loss at Sacramento but other than that, he's been the heart of our defense. A very good defense at that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He played horribly at both ends of the court in the first half of our loss at Sacramento but other than that, he's been the heart of our defense. A very good defense at that.
I think defense is more what he is talking about when he refers to "Dominayton". He wants to be a complete beast on defense and that is coming along. The only issue from that regard is that he doesn't play like that on offense, but he doesn't completely fail to embody that.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His value on defense is immense. He’s our second best perimeter defender for heaven’s sake. His paint presence allows our guards to stalk the three point line, and trap and harass on the perimeter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose