D-backs manager describes Madison Bumgarner's 'frustrating' first year

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"We watched Bum have a frustrating year numbers-wise," Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo said on a Zoom call this week. "I'm sure those who were there every day saw his frustration. You've got to remember, he threw some pretty good games despite not being at his competitive best. Why wasn't he at his competitive best? I think we can all come up with some ideas. Maybe it was the start-stop-reload shortened-and-condensed spring training 2.0 and then being thrust into the start on opening day.
https://sports.yahoo.com/diamondbacks-manager-breaks-down-frustrating-215014261.html

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Seems like a lame excuse considering every pitcher in the league faced the same issue. Sometimes I wish Torey would just **** and get better at running and managing the team.
I agree! Obviously, Lovullo is trying to justify bringing in a former ace in the downside of his career.

He is not insulting our intelligence with his after-the-act proclamations. He is insulting his own.

Alibis are for failure. Success doesn't need alibis. We need a manager who can put life in the team.

I'm tired of his failures and obsessive-compulsive behavior. And his apparent attention deficit disorder.

All season long, every day is a new beginning. No one knows their roles. The results show it.