Kingsbury, The World’s Only 17 Point Offensive Genius

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
And if my aunt had balls he’d be my uncle.
Those contributed to the loss just like Kliff’s balls shrivling over and over again was a contributing factor. And Kliff keeps doing the same thing. Over and over and over. He’s not learning. That’s the worst part.
Except those were concrete things that happened on the field. Kirk literally dropped an easy pass in the EZ and ZG literally missed yet another FG from a very make able distance.

Your hypothetical of Kliff’s balls shriveling up is a pure assumption of how things maybe could have been different. Not something you could guarantee would have made some major difference in this very game.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Do you really believe that being the most penalized team in the league is not a reflection on the head coach?

Depends on the type of penalties?

If we are leading the league in 12 men on the field, delay of game, illegal formation, etc. Then yes.

False starts, holding, and stupid stuff like that...no. That is on the player. The coach can bench the player for stupid penalties but then we wouldn't have an Oline most games.

Feel free to disagree.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends on the type of penalties?

If we are leading the league in 12 men on the field, delay of game, illegal formation, etc. Then yes.

False starts, holding, and stupid stuff like that...no. That is on the player. The coach can bench the player for stupid penalties but then we wouldn't have an Oline most games.

Feel free to disagree.

It's on the player when it happens occasionally.

It's on the coaches when it happens all the time, every week.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Let me ask Russell Wilson, one sec......

Russell says yes.

What % is Russell doing it and does it make a difference in their success? Truly interested.

BTW - didn't know you knew Russell Wilson. That is pretty cool. :)

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Bigger question would be do you see him as the Cards coach in say...3-4 years?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you really believe that being the most penalized team in the league is not a reflection on the head coach?

That clearly wasn't what I said. I said that specific penalty wasn't.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What % is Russell doing it and does it make a difference in their success? Truly interested.

BTW - didn't know you knew Russell Wilson. That is pretty cool. :)

This year Wilson is 69% Shotgun. 31% under center. This is actually his career high. Up until the last couple of years he's been mostly under center his whole career.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve warned this was coming all year. Kingsbury is a fraud. The only thing he’s really done for the Cards is championing drafting Murray. The Cards only have a run game because of Murray. There is nothing creative about receiver routes and except for Hop the others are rarely, clearly open. KK can’t manage the clock. He doesn’t have a 2 minute drill. He’s installed no hot reads to combat blitzes. He can’t get the Cards ready to start games. He can’t manage enough discipline to keep penalties in control. Some of these are KK’s fault directly due to very late substitution. There are 2 many timeouts caused by confusion. They seem especially confused against zone defenses.

KK elects to be highly aggressive one series, then very conservative the next. Successful plays from one game disappear in the next, for example rollout, pull-up passes. When they worked they were not part of future game plans. Inside the same game he fails to repeat plays the opponent failed to stop, especially passing plays. Remember how other teams constantly targeted Dre.

Yes the Cards are up in scoring but so is the league. However, Murray has another year of experience and Hopkins has been added. I think Murray should actually be further along technique-wise in his development.

Not only don’t I see very many unique plays, I seldom see plays used often in the league because they are successful, like an under center QB sneak.

Once again the Cards have made a huge error in selecting a coach. To me the bottom line is if you take away exceptional effort plays by Murray, what has KK accomplished?
Rather than slam the HC, I'd rather attack the problem.

Good play callers find a way to immerse themselves in the rhythm of the game and dial up plays/strategies that are executable and "work."

It seem that KK's feel for kicking FGs vs. "going for it" is just, plain backward. He kicks when he should run and runs when he should kick. Don't know why; don't know what he's thinking; it's just plain out of synch with what his team is willing to do or able to do.

I think this can be correctable (If it is, we"ll wind up with a perfectly good HC. If not, we've got a problem).

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rather than slam the HC, I'd rather attack the problem.

Good play callers find a way to immerse themselves in the rhythm of the game and dial up plays/strategies that are executable and "work."

It seem that KK's feel for kicking FGs vs. "going for it" is just, plain backward. He kicks when he should run and runs when he should kick. Don't know why; don't know what he's thinking; it's just plain out of synch with what his team is willing to do or able to do.

I think this can be correctable (If it is, we"ll wind up with a perfectly good HC. If not, we've got a problem).

it is over halfway through year 2....
We have a problem!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Or this might be KK's system.

"No risk it no biscuit"
"Riverboat Ron"
"You play to win the game"

I loved BA but cursed his name multiple times for decisions he made on and off the field (coaches)

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just checked it was the LG, he leaned back a bit and then flinched forward.

Also of interest, Cam said it was a penalty but then admitted "I was going to flop anyways" and said he slowed up hoping Simmons would hit him and draw the flag.

I couldn't tell if he was claiming he went down that hard because he flopped, I believe he slowed up trying to draw a flag, I don't believe he was flopping I think he got hit by a heat seeking missile.
Yeah, I heard Cam say that. The other flag on Simmons was also total BS. The dude lowered his head when Simmons got there, excuse me but that's a personal foul penalty on the offense. I mean, what was Simmons supposed to do, just let the dude run right by him cause he lowered his head? Total BS.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Said from day 1 it was an awful hire.

Let's hire a guy with a losing record in college, fired from his alma mater, and has zero NFL coaching experience. Yep, that should work out pretty good.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The type of quote that makes you uneasy about Kliff.

I wont say much about him until the end of the season but thats a damning quote.

I dont know if he is a qb development coach or just a play creator coach

I feel that he is more a creator than developer.

Goes to your point about how this offense would have been better with a Vet

I am starting to believe that too.

Would have been nice to have an Alex Smith type vet qb for Kyler to learn and glean knowledge and refine mechanical work with.

You do understand before Murray got hurt he was on pace to throw for 4,000 yards and run for 1,000 and was having a historical year.

his jump from year 1 to 2 has been insane.

the kid is clearly hurt

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You do understand before Murray got hurt he was on pace to throw for 4,000 yards and run for 1,000 and was having a historical year.

his jump from year 1 to 2 has been insane.

the kid is clearly hurt

He's not clearly hurt. He said all week he was fine. He said after the Pats game he had no injury concerns and there was nothing he couldn't / didn't do due to injury. The injury designation is just the usual over protective treatment of QB's.

There are far too many people using injury as some kind of excuse and it simply isn't.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's not clearly hurt. He said all week he was fine. He said after the Pats game he had no injury concerns and there was nothing he couldn't / didn't do due to injury. The injury designation is just the usual over protective treatment of QB's.

There are far too many people using injury as some kind of excuse and it simply isn't.

Ac joints are a 4-6 timeline to heal. So regardless of what he says in his pressers he is hurt.

Its an injury that sat Sam Darnold out for a couple of weeks

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh well he says he’s not hurt well then that changes everything.

I’d rather pay attention to what people do and I can clearly see him clenching his teeth when he throws or the fact that designed runs have been completely taken out of the playbook.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How do you clearly know that? Players lie about the severity of their injuries all the time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ac joints are a 4-6 timeline to heal. So regardless of what he says in his pressers he is hurt.

Its an injury that sat Sam Darnold out for a couple of weeks

He hasn't sprained his AC joint. He bruised it, it hurt a couple of days, it healed. That's it.