2020 new consoles

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate not being able to buy stuff. Preorders were sold out in 5 minutes. release day stock sold out even faster. I keep getting walmart in stock alerts and by the time I go online it is gone already. Meanwhile, new xbox's are for sale all over the internet for 1k because bot scrapers are buying up all the stock within seconds and then posting the product for double price online.

I'd like to trade my one X toward a series X and my son is trading his one s for one of the two new consoles preferrably however gamestop is out of stock and who knows when they will have stock again.

There have been notes about limited stock in stores for black friday, which means stores are holding onto actual stock to sell that day instead. No chance I am sitting in line at midnight just to buy a damn console.

so annoying. At this point I expect to just buy the X when possible and then trade in consoles to gamestop credit - if - gamestop will let me buy xbox digital currency with the trade in value. Their cash offer is less than in store credit but I have no use for in store credit hwen everything I do is digital.

Typically you get a boost to your trade in value when buying a console but they dont have the damn console sooooo.......

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh yeah and walmart website would say in stock on warner ave but then warner ave says not true.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oculus quest sold out most of the year. quest 2 comes out, always sold out. screw bot scrapers. screw covid.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep not pulling the trigger on an oculus but I watched my 6 year old play an arcade vr game of a roller coaster and she refused to lift her hands because she "was going too fast" and then when the roller coaster was in the water, she picked up her feet the whole time and wouldnt put them down. the experience was flipping awesome and beyond me wanting to play with it, I want to watch her do that stupid stuff some more.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep not pulling the trigger on an oculus but I watched my 6 year old play an arcade vr game of a roller coaster and she refused to lift her hands because she "was going too fast" and then when the roller coaster was in the water, she picked up her feet the whole time and wouldnt put them down. the experience was flipping awesome and beyond me wanting to play with it, I want to watch her do that stupid stuff some more.

:lol:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

that thing looks amazing. I think you can watch sports on it to.

bots suck so damn hard. I hate resellers get a real damn job.

try buying a pair of new shoes it’s the worst

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Microsoft on record saying this is how it will be until likely late spring. demand too high

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
walmart website made it clear restock at 1pm online today. imagine itll sell out in 5 seconds

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it in cart and then my power went out for ten minutes. wtf god?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I was able to get an XBox Series S and love it. It provides as much power as I need. Glad I got it and saved $200 which I put toward my BMW purchase last week :)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

I have a Quest and it's a lot of fun. At least at first, I haven't been playing it much lately. But Beat Saber and Audica are great on it. The game I'm really excited for on it is Myst. They just went GM on it and it's coming out December 10th. Watching videos and other immersive content is really cool on it too.

I haven't looked at getting a Quest 2 yet. The specs are nice on it but Facebook is starting to do Facebook things with the platform so I'm probably going to skip it or at least wait to see what Valve releases. They've hinted at releasing a headset that doesn't need a PC but it hasn't come out yet. The Valve Index is currently the best headset but requires a really beefy PC so the system ends up being big $$$ compared to the other ones.

FYI, careful with letting your 6 yr old play too much VR. I don't know the details on it but look into eyesight issues with kids with them. My buddy's wife bought a Quest and she read something about it. Due to that they limit how much their 8 yr old can play on it and don't allow their 5 yr old to use it yet.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to get an XBox Series S and love it. It provides as much power as I need. Glad I got it and saved $200 which I put toward my BMW purchase last week :)
I'ma stick with an old pickup and a high end xbox lol

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Quest and it's a lot of fun. At least at first, I haven't been playing it much lately. But Beat Saber and Audica are great on it. The game I'm really excited for on it is Myst. They just went GM on it and it's coming out December 10th. Watching videos and other immersive content is really cool on it too.

I haven't looked at getting a Quest 2 yet. The specs are nice on it but Facebook is starting to do Facebook things with the platform so I'm probably going to skip it or at least wait to see what Valve releases. They've hinted at releasing a headset that doesn't need a PC but it hasn't come out yet. The Valve Index is currently the best headset but requires a really beefy PC so the system ends up being big $$$ compared to the other ones.

FYI, careful with letting your 6 yr old play too much VR. I don't know the details on it but look into eyesight issues with kids with them. My buddy's wife bought a Quest and she read something about it. Due to that they limit how much their 8 yr old can play on it and don't allow their 5 yr old to use it yet.
I thought boxing games and walking dead/horror games could be really cool

I didn't know another company was working on one. I'd love to not buy from facebook.

As far as kids, it would be my VR and they could only play as a family night thing. It's a good point but I'm concient of any type of screen time w kids so no worries there

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I thought boxing games and walking dead/horror games could be really cool

I didn't know another company was working on one. I'd love to not buy from facebook.

As far as kids, it would be my VR and they could only play as a family night thing. It's a good point but I'm concient of any type of screen time w kids so no worries there

There's a few different VR systems other than Occulus. Like I mentioned, Valve has the Index which is a really good headset but it's pricy and needs a pricy gaming PC. Sony has the PSVR headset for the PS4 (I think it works with the PS5 too). It's along the line of the original Quest for quality. HTC also has the Vive headsets but they're up there in price. I think they're supposed to be really good but I don't know anyone with one due to the price.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a few different VR systems other than Occulus. Like I mentioned, Valve has the Index which is a really good headset but it's pricy and needs a pricy gaming PC. Sony has the PSVR headset for the PS4 (I think it works with the PS5 too). It's along the line of the original Quest for quality. HTC also has the Vive headsets but they're up there in price. I think they're supposed to be really good but I don't know anyone with one due to the price.
Yeah I mean wireless ones. I have a gaming laptop but don't plan on buying more/upgrading along with not wanting me to be tethered to it in VR keeps me out of those. The mobility of the oculus is the reason I'm actually interested in it.

If you haven't been, there is a place called velocity VR at the kart racing place by talking stick. You wear a VR headset, a backpack (probably pc and battery), a headset and have a gun controller. They have zombie games, future games and more. It's an amazing experience and made me not interested in tethered VR at all

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
done a few more tries when walmart gets tock but the website crashes right away, sells out within seconds and then bot companies boast about how they have 3k xbox's for sale.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
done a few more tries when walmart gets tock but the website crashes right away, sells out within seconds and then bot companies boast about how they have 3k xbox's for sale.

If I find one on sale, I will pick it up for you.

Last edited: