Kyler Murray trying to trademark "Hail Murray"

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter, first come first serve, let him make money off of it if no one else owns the trademark.

OP
OP
Fiasco

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Because people shouldn't be able to use his name and likeness for free

You're right, he's going to be the only Murray to ever live from this point on and that's the only possible context the phrase could be used in in perpetuity.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What’s wrong with it? He’s protecting his financial interests. I would too.
Correct... anyone who makes the claim that this is taking away from his game studying or caring about football is totally asinine when all it requires is a few minutes for him to call his agent and get this while he goes about being a NFL QB :)

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
BTW, Larry Fitzgerald has managed his career the same way guys. It’s only on super special occasions that he will sign his name to cards, helmets, jerseys, or other memorabilia.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
BTW, Larry Fitzgerald has managed his career the same way guys. It’s only on super special occasions that he will sign his name to cards, helmets, jerseys, or other memorabilia.
This is very true. I can tell you a story in Miami where we were with only family members of the team and he wouldn't sign anything not even for little kids.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
This is very true. I can tell you a story in Miami where we were with only family members of the team and he wouldn't sign anything not even for little kids.

I’ve been told it’s “in his contract” to not sign anything until he retires from the game. This way (apparently) it will greatly increase the value of his “autograph” and he/his reps will have better control over his earnings. You gotta figure Randy moss and chris Carter pretty much raised him as a pro athlete, and Larry has been calculated in every move he has made since he was drafted. Just another reason he is considered very smart and respectable.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Kyler didn't, someone else would. He's just trying to prevent some internet dweeb from stealing his show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose