2020 Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson in response to a question who is his top three.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some really good second round big man prospects in the draft like Daniel Oturu and Reggie Perry.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Some really good second round big man prospects in the draft like Daniel Oturu and Reggie Perry.

If Oturu makes it to the second round, he's going to be a steal for someone. Too bad James Jones gave up our second round pick in the Josh Jackson salary dump.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Oturu makes it to the second round, he's going to be a steal for someone. Too bad James Jones gave up our second round pick in the Josh Jackson salary dump.

Also players like Oturu and Azubuike would be good players for Ayton to practice against.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So after watching a lot of takes from ESPN NBA guys, the general consensus is what we all know on this board....there is no clear cut #1. So if I am PHX I stay put at #10 and take Jalen Smith and then look to acquire another pick in the 1st round and take Tre Jones. I think we need to fill out the bench with young, cheap players with potential for Williams and staff to develop. If PHX needs a starting PF they can look to FA at maybe Ibaka or a stop gap who can help this team next year after an impressive run in bubble to carry forward this upcoming season.

The other reason to use draft to fill out bench with cheap talent is next year Giannis is a FA and while rumors are he is looking at MIA, PHX has been mentioned as a possible destination. Speculation is we could trade Ayton, Oubre and picks for Giannis but with Ayton still on a rookie deal and no real cap draining contracts we could clear space next year especially if we decide to let Oubre walk next year and try and fit him in sort of like GS got KD with Curry, Thompson & Green.

If we draft Jones, he could be Rubio's replacement when his deal expires. If we hit the Giannis lottery, we could use Bird Rights to keep Ayton and be set with a Big 3 of Ayton, Booker & Giannis with draft picks filling out the bench.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It feels like another trade down may be coming.

Tankathon now has Precious Achiuwa going #10 in their mock. I'd be thrilled with that pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is Kellan Olson's top 30.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't forget about Grant Riller either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many players will fall into the 2nd round that can make a team like Devon Dotson. It's sad the Suns are without a pick in this round.

This might be the best second round I can remember at least on paper.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His release is low in front of his eyes. I’ll need to watch his in-game clips but it doesn’t seem like he gets a lot of lift.

Riller can create so I might be more concerned about Bane's low release on shot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither should be drafted before the middle of the second round.

We keep hearing about Bane and Riller. A lot of it I have seen on Kellan Olson tweets.

It makes me wonder if he knows something we don't.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We keep hearing about Bane and Riller. A lot of it I have seen on Kellan Olson tweets.

It makes me wonder if he knows something we don't.

I really hope not. If James Jones reaches for either of these guys in the first round, let alone at 10, he should be fired on the spot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope not. If James Jones reaches for either of these guys in the first round, let alone at 10, he should be fired on the spot.

I have a feeling that we are going to trade down with Boston and get a couple of first round picks for #10. Maybe they trade #14 and #30 for Suns pick.

I doubt Boston gives up #14 and #26 although that would be preferable.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have a feeling that we are going to trade down with Boston and get a couple of first round picks for #10. Maybe they trade #14 and #30 for Suns pick.

I doubt Boston gives up #14 and #26 although that would be preferable.

A flyer on Bane or Riller at 30 wouldn't be great, but at least it wouldn't be egregious and firing-worthy, depending on who is the pick at 14. If Jones takes Bane or Riller at 14, he should be fired on the spot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A flyer on Bane or Riller at 30 wouldn't be great, but at least it wouldn't be egregious and firing-worthy, depending on who is the pick at 14. If Jones takes Bane or Riller at 14, he should be fired on the spot.

I wouldn't take Bane or Riller at 14 either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bane at #10 is stupid. Projecting Bane as a middle of the second round pick is equally as stupid.

Bane is going to go in the first round. If he would be there at 26 in a hypothetical trade with Boston, I'm not sure.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bane at #10 is stupid. Projecting Bane as a middle of the second round pick is equally as stupid.

There are sites (most notably nbadraft.net) that project Bane not to be drafted at all.

He is a one trick pony. He can shoot, and nothing else, and his low and not particularly quick release, combined with his lack of athleticism and ball handling ability, suggests strongly that this one skill he does have won't translate to the NBA.

Davon Reed, part deux.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose