TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

About time.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We’ll have to wait for the details to leak. Arizona is going with Kansas-level defiance towards the NCAA. Probably a mistake or at least not beneficial to do so at this point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not surprised. As I’ve consistently stated, too much smoke for zero fire.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Not surprised. As I’ve consistently stated, too much smoke for zero fire.
The NOA was always coming. Common knowledge for three years. The fact that it took the ncaa three years to issue it is punishment in and of itself

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The NOA was always coming. Common knowledge for three years. The fact that it took the ncaa three years to issue it is punishment in and of itself
Eh, cheese and I were bashed pretty good for leaning towards punishment coming. There was a LOT of sentiment of denial about any dirt or blowback on the program in this forum. I’ve never understood the speed (or general lack thereof) with which the NCAA acts.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Eh, cheese and I were bashed pretty good for leaning towards punishment coming. There was a LOT of sentiment of denial about any dirt or blowback on the program in this forum. I’ve never understood the speed (or general lack thereof) with which the NCAA acts.
Not sure where and when you and your brother got bashed about whether or not Arizona was going to be punished. Arizona was always going to get punished. You cant have a coach using his position to earn money illegally and not get punished, even if no money ever exchanged hands with a recruit. It’s about the degree to witch Arizona will be punished.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I haven't paid attention recently but I was not aware that Book paid 40K to get Rawle eligible? I knew it was a surprise to just about everyone that Rawle qualified so not a shock, and I knew Book had said he was paying the Cousin Rodney but I had not heard he paid 40K to a HS coach to get Rawle eligible.

That's going to be difficult to defend even if nobody but Rawle and Book knew because his academic status was so well known it's going to be hard to say we did our due diligence and had no reason to think he wasn't really eligible.

The SI story is still talking about Phelps and Shareef O'Neal but everything I've read since says that stuff didn't actually happen. That the reason UCLA waited so long to admit him was he needed to make up or improve grades in a couple of classes, but not because UCLA refused to accept the original grades due to cheating(as originally rumored) but because UCLA the school didn't consider the classes to meet their approval because the institution wasn't certified, so he had to take them over somewhere else before UCLA would admit him. SI seems to be still implying Phelps did something wrong with Shareef.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I guess I haven't paid attention recently but I was not aware that Book paid 40K to get Rawle eligible? I knew it was a surprise to just about everyone that Rawle qualified so not a shock, and I knew Book had said he was paying the Cousin Rodney but I had not heard he paid 40K to a HS coach to get Rawle eligible.

That's going to be difficult to defend even if nobody but Rawle and Book knew because his academic status was so well known it's going to be hard to say we did our due diligence and had no reason to think he wasn't really eligible.

The SI story is still talking about Phelps and Shareef O'Neal but everything I've read since says that stuff didn't actually happen. That the reason UCLA waited so long to admit him was he needed to make up or improve grades in a couple of classes, but not because UCLA refused to accept the original grades due to cheating(as originally rumored) but because UCLA the school didn't consider the classes to meet their approval because the institution wasn't certified, so he had to take them over somewhere else before UCLA would admit him. SI seems to be still implying Phelps did something wrong with Shareef.
The NOA isn’t even public. Where the hell are you reading any of that?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

There’s no proof Book/Miller ever paid a recruit or their family despite tapes, school investigations, federal investigations (raids) and NCAA investigations. I think you’re referring to some us getting on the media for some BS reporting. Reporting that was proven wrong by factual timelines then later corrected by ESPN.

I’ve from the beginning if Arizona fired Miller for lack of control over his program I’d be fine with it. Even though there isn’t proof of payments to recruits he’s still in violation of being an idiot and should be punished. If it’s an Oklahoma St type penalty I’d accept the charges and not appeal. If it’s the hammer you’re screwed anyway so you might as well pull a Kansas and fight it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I do know that Alkins’ name came up a few times in the ncaa’s investigation

Yeah Rawle and his cousin were a big part I just don't recall ever seeing it stated before that Book paid his HS coach 40K to get him eligible. Pretty sure that's totally new but the story has actual quotes from Book talking about it and how if it had come up again he wouldn't have agreed to pay that much.

For ages now there's been so little new stuff I've sort of lost interest just waited for the NOA, so this one is a surprise to me about Alkins academics.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You do know that none of this comes as a surprise to anyone at the school , right?

I would hope that the extent of the violations (nine total, five Level 1) comes as a surprise, or else the program deserves the death penalty it is likely to receive. Frankly, Heeke needs to be shown the door as well.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would hope that the extent of the violations (nine total, five Level 1) comes as a surprise, or else the program deserves the death penalty it is likely to receive. Frankly, Heeke needs to be shown the door as well.

Same as Kansas as expected. Lol at death penalty.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
You’re an attorney. You know that these are allegations and not proven facts. Also, much of this stems from Arizona not offering the results of the S&J internal investigation, so the NCAA is pissed at Arizona for not doing its job for them. In other words, the NCAA is throwing a lot of spaghetti against the wall and hoping it sticks. Two separate investigations have only found the Book pocketing $$$ claim to be true, with everything else lacking evidence.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
In addition, one of those Level 1s was for the swimming scandal, for which Arizona tried to self-sanction. This thing is so stupid and it’s only going to prolong this nightmare for another year or two

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m kinda thinking things are set up for Jason Terry here. By the time the appeals and everything are done he’ll have a year or two under his belt as an assistant. I don’t think he’s ready but it would be an easy transition given the circumstances.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You’re an attorney. You know that these are allegations and not proven facts. Also, much of this stems from Arizona not offering the results of the S&J internal investigation, so the NCAA is pissed at Arizona for not doing its job for them. In other words, the NCAA is throwing a lot of spaghetti against the wall and hoping it sticks. Two separate investigations have only found the Book pocketing $$$ claim to be true, with everything else lacking evidence.

Except they have Sean Miller on tape...multiple times, and the U of A has offered nothing to counter that evidence except an implausible denial of knowledge that runs counter to the tapes. If this were being litigated, this would be a slam dunk for the NCAA.

Our best hope is to jettison Miller and Heeke and hope the NCAA will allow us a fresh start with only a 1 or 2 year postseason ban and loss of scholarships, much like what happened with my other alma mater, Cal, and Todd Bozeman for similar violations.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Except they have Sean Miller on tape...multiple times, and the U of A has offered nothing to counter that evidence except an implausible denial of knowledge that runs counter to the tapes. If this were being litigated, this would be a slam dunk for the NCAA.

Our best hope is to jettison Miller and Heeke and hope the NCAA will allow us a fresh start with only a 1 or 2 year postseason ban and loss of scholarships, much like what happened with my other alma mater, Cal, and Todd Bozeman for similar violations.

On tape for what?

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I’m kinda thinking things are set up for Jason Terry here. By the time the appeals and everything are done he’ll have a year or two under his belt as an assistant. I don’t think he’s ready but it would be an easy transition given the circumstances.
As a HC? Yeesh. Not sure about that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose