WK 7 Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 10/20/20-10/24/20

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We've got the horses to beat these guys, but they have to play their best game. No getting into a hole.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's usually the small shifty guys that give PP the most trouble. Julio is for instance a big receiver that is very fast, but PP for the most part has played him pretty well.
That actually interesting. I just assumed he played the big guys better because they were slower. I probably shouldn't be as scared of Metcalf as I am. I've watched too many Seahawks highlights this season.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We've got the horses to beat these guys, but they have to play their best game. No getting into a hole.
+1 if we can limit the undisciplined drive killing penalties and turnovers should be able to beat anyone.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We are going up against the MVP Russell Wilson, yeah he never got that award but he has deserved it numerous times so I am giving it to him. Pete the gum chewer is a very good coach. They have a system which works for them no matter the circumstances. I think winning on Monday Night should benefit this team with the needed emotion they are going to need for the duration of this game to win, though playing a lesser opponent might have made them complacent. We have enough guys, or at least the physical talent, to beat them if we play a decent game to our ability since the NFL really is no longer a huge gap between talent. I really think this offense is capable of scoring on them but can Vance Joseph dial up a strategy to equal his last success against them

Winning a game like this will decide if they are capable of making the playoffs. If we played in another division, no so much. This reminds me of when we were in the NFC East, where being a good team did not mean much since you where surrounded by great teams

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Well, here goes what little popularity I have left. As I expected many seem to be overvaluing the beat down of the Boys. No O-line, a backup QB’s first game and numerous turnovers tells me this wasn’t a huge accomplishment. A win is a win, but different wins have different values. The Cards are usually a tough game for Seattle. If they aren’t Sunday, then there’s reason for concern. Should the Cards win, they are better than I’ve been giving them credit for being.

I do think the Cards are better this year than last. I just thought they might take a bigger step forward, especially with regard to Murray. I do believe he’s the best running QB but he needs to improve his passing technique. Can he improve? Sure! It’s just that it’s time to do it. Somehow I think it’s more likely if the Cards lose we’ll see a bevy of excuses. Murray is hurt. The Cards had a short week. The Cards always lose to Seattle in AZ. Forget them. If the Cards are a playoff contender then you find a way to compete. In the last 2 games they weren’t ready to play the first quarter. They’ll get buried if they play that way Sunday. It’s okay to lose. This is a good (not great) Seattle team that should be a challenge. However, if the Cards play poorly they’re just not there yet. The point is are they moving forward and at what rate?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's usually the small shifty guys that give PP the most trouble. Julio is for instance a big receiver that is very fast, but PP for the most part has played him pretty well.

Julio has had his way with PP numerous times including I think a 170 yard destruction a couple years ago. Megatron used to give PP fits also. Yeah

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Seahawks best win so far is against the 3-3 Dolphins. If we going to downplay our wins against the likes of Dallas etc that should apply to them as well. They also need to prove that they legit after playing the dregs of league just like us & barely coming through at times if not for Wilson's magic tricks.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well, here goes what little popularity I have left. As I expected many seem to be overvaluing the beat down of the Boys. No O-line, a backup QB’s first game and numerous turnovers tells me this wasn’t a huge accomplishment. A win is a win, but different wins have different values. The Cards are usually a tough game for Seattle. If they aren’t Sunday, then there’s reason for concern. Should the Cards win, they are better than I’ve been giving them credit for being.

I do think the Cards are better this year than last. I just thought they might take a bigger step forward, especially with regard to Murray. I do believe he’s the best running QB but he needs to improve his passing technique. Can he improve? Sure! It’s just that it’s time to do it. Somehow I think it’s more likely if the Cards lose we’ll see a bevy of excuses. Murray is hurt. The Cards had a short week. The Cards always lose to Seattle in AZ. Forget them. If the Cards are a playoff contender then you find a way to compete. In the last 2 games they weren’t ready to play the first quarter. They’ll get buried if they play that way Sunday. It’s okay to lose. This is a good (not great) Seattle team that should be a challenge. However, if the Cards play poorly they’re just not there yet. The point is are they moving forward and at what rate?

Seattle is not nearly as monstrous this year as they've been in the past. But I 100% agree with your take and believe that Murray, his running ability not-withstanding, will be a big factor as to why the Cards lose on Sunday (hope I'm wrong!)...
At some point, Kyler is going to have to stand in the pocket and deliver the football in a professional, NFL-caliber manner... He has rarely done this thus far in his career and it seems to me that the team is simply OK with allowing Kyler to continue to display such horrific throwing mechanics. Maybe they think he can make up for it with his running? I dunno... It's a problem and if it's left unchecked, it will keep the team from achieving the level of success they claim they're after...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Seahawks best win so far is against the 3-3 Dolphins. If we going to downplay our wins against the likes of Dallas etc that should apply to them as well. They also need to prove that they legit after playing the dregs of league just like us & barely coming through at times if not for Wilson's magic tricks.

they haven’t lost a game and have made the playoffs 7 of the last 8 seasons, including last year. They’re always legit, especially compared to us and trying to argue otherwise is an exercise in futility.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Julio has had his way with PP numerous times including I think a 170 yard destruction a couple years ago. Megatron used to give PP fits also. Yeah
He torched him once, had a couple solid days and had a couple forgettable days. Here are his stats in order of games played.

Rec/Yards/TDs
3/33
10/189/1
4/35
6/82/1
8/108

Really about 50/50 in performance. I do recall him not really following around the field in the matchup last year, but he would have been following him around in probably every other one of those games.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"such horrific throwing mechanics"
"needs to improve his passing technique"

Did Kyler miss some throws on Monday? yes
Is he inaccurate in total review? no

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i was curious too

they have faced each other four times. I'd would score it CJ 2 / PP 2

catches/yards/tds

2012 10/121/0
2013 6/116/2
2014 3/59/0
2015 5/69/0

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
they haven’t lost a game and have made the playoffs 7 of the last 8 seasons, including last year. They’re always legit, especially compared to us and trying to argue otherwise is an exercise in futility.
Not arguing about Seahawks been good. Thing is that if we beat them on Sunday, national narrative will change to Seahawks have only won against subpar teams so far & they overrated hence me saying they need to prove they legit this season by beating us.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there any chance we come out trying to throw the ball to Andy deep again?

I know we missed it last game (and the Panthers game as well), but I get a strange feeling they want to show off his "worth" with DK on the other side of the field.

And in fairness to those here who believe DK might not be the same as a Cardinal. You could very well be right. Russell Wilson has spoken about how he spent countless hours this summer working with DK despite Covid, etc. Probably not happening with Kyler since he just worked with the guys for a week.

Russ has the funds to do house another player for a long time, but hope Kyler adapts that offseason mentality going forward.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
"such horrific throwing mechanics"
"needs to improve his passing technique"

Did Kyler miss some throws on Monday? yes
Is he inaccurate in total review? no
Please explain “total review.” For what it’s worth he’s ranked 19th by PFF in passing. He’s ranked 20th in YPA. I assume the shorter you throw the more accurate you can be.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Please explain “total review.” For what it’s worth he’s ranked 19th by PFF in passing. He’s ranked 20th in YPA. I assume the shorter you throw the more accurate you can be.

After watching Kyler at OU and 1.5 years with Cardinals I can confidently say he is an accurate quarterback. Agree to disagree.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Is there any chance we come out trying to throw the ball to Andy deep again?

I know we missed it last game (and the Panthers game as well), but I get a strange feeling they want to show off his "worth" with DK on the other side of the field.

And in fairness to those here who believe DK might not be the same as a Cardinal. You could very well be right. Russell Wilson has spoken about how he spent countless hours this summer working with DK despite Covid, etc. Probably not happening with Kyler since he just worked with the guys for a week.

Russ has the funds to do house another player for a long time, but hope Kyler adapts that offseason mentality going forward.

Isabella shouldn’t have more deep ball opportunities than Hop. If they want to decoy him deep that’s cool but his ball skills are trash. Feed the monster.