Drake 4th in the NFL in Rushing Yards After 6 Weeks

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Many of us (including me) were giving him grief, but I realize that was more the play calling of Kingsbury than Drake’s performance. It seems K2 finally realized in the 4th quarter of the Jets game to call plays that feature Drake’s strengths.

It needs stay that way.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He really only had a bad game and a half. The big difference between the back half of last year is he’s not catching passes.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He really only had a bad game and a half. The big difference between the back half of last year is he’s not catching passes.

Disagree. He has had 4 bad games and two good ones, IMO.

He really took KK's advise to stop dancing around and hit the hole. He has looked much better because of it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many of us (including me) were giving him grief, but I realize that was more the play calling of Kingsbury than Drake’s performance. It seems K2 finally realized in the 4th quarter of the Jets game to call plays that feature Drake’s strengths.

It needs stay that way.

IMO, it was more Drake being timid and not hitting the hole like I mentioned above. You can see a complete change to how he runs now.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Disagree. He has had 4 bad games and two good ones, IMO.

He really took KK's advise to stop dancing around and hit the hole. He has looked much better because of it.

They might’ve been bad games by star RB standards. I don’t hold him to that standard. It’s not like Chase has been tearing it up in limited snaps either.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How so? You either gain the yards or you don’t.

Drake was 20th in the league before the last game. Without that long run at the end of the game, he would be around 10.

Suggs had 5.5 sacks with us last year, but most of them came in 2 games and he was trash the rest. Stats can lie.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Even if you—ridiculously—take away his rush at the end of the Dallas game, he still has more rushing yards than Zeke Elliot...

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Drake was 20th in the league before the last game. Without that long run at the end of the game, he would be around 10.

Suggs had 5.5 sacks with us last year, but most of them came in 2 games and he was trash the rest. Stats can lie.
Nonsense...see my last post.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They might’ve been bad games by star RB standards. I don’t hold him to that standard. It’s not like Chase has been tearing it up in limited snaps either.

What standard do you hold him to?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if you—ridiculously—take away his rush at the end of the Dallas game, he still has more rushing yards than Zeke Elliot...

What is your point? That he is better than Zeke? That situations don't dictate how well a team, or player plays?

What is your angle here?

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Again...take away that run (ridiculously) he still is in the top 10 in the league. You can’t just arbitrary take plays away (positively or negatively) to fit your view.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again...take away that run (ridiculously) he still is in the top 10 in the league. You can’t just arbitrary take plays away (positively or negatively) to fit your view.

The only view that I am fitting is that stats don't tell the entire story.

You can try the whole 'You are what your record says you are' theory for a player, but it is no where near the same.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
In 14 games as a Cardinal he has 228 carries 1,121 yards (4.91 ypc) and 12 touchdowns. That looks like a pattern to me.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
In 14 games as a Cardinal he has 228 carries 1,121 yards (4.91 ypc) and 12 touchdowns. That looks like a pattern to me.
Last season in 14 games Dalvin Cook finished 8th in the league in rushing with 230 carries, 1,135 yards (4.93 ypc) and 13 TDS.

Dalvin is a much better receiver, but let’s not act like Drake is junk...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It needs stay that way.

this is blatantly false. It was broken down on video in another thread here about the poor running and hole choices he was making. It was an awesome video by a third party someone posted. Apparently Kingsbury had a talk with him about running more decisively. It was mentioned during the game.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you say so.

Drake has definitely been feast or famine this year. 4th in rushing or no, just like Kyler.

Last season Drake was at 4.8 yards per carry and he's now at 4.6.

Augers well, I would think.

P.S. Should we subtract Derrick Henry's 94 yd scamper last week from his total?

And someone who hits 35, 40 homers usually has over 100 RBI's and get paid handsomely for the production.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season Drake was at 4.8 yards per carry and he's now at 4.6.

Augers well, I would think.

P.S. Should we subtract Derrick Henry's 94 yd scamper last week from his total?

And someone who hits 35, 40 homers usually has over 100 RBI's and get paid handsomely for the production.

Come on. The game situations were completely different, and that IS the point.

Drake scored his run against a poor defense that already gave up on the game.

Henry's run, while great was completely different. The game was close. He broke tackles, and he ran away from everyone. Drake ran his run untouched and there wasn't a defender within yards of him the entire play.

Besides, Henry has been the best back in the league for quite a bit now, and it hasn't been close.