Arizona Cardinals can host about 1,200 fans vs. Seahawks in Week 7

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals can host about 1,200 fans vs. Seahawks in Week 7

https://arizonasports.com/story/2425657/arizona-cardinals-host-about-1200-fans-vs-seahawks-week-7/

The Arizona Department of Health Services has given the Arizona Cardinals clearance to increase fan attendance to approximately 1,200 in their Week 7 game against the Seattle Seahawks.

Season ticket-holders can attend a game at State Farm Stadium for the first time in 2020 when the Cardinals face the NFC West leaders on Oct. 25, the Cardinals announced Friday.

“Seats from this very limited allotment will be made available exclusively to season ticket members in account seniority order,” the team said in a release. “To accommodate the greatest number of season-ticket members, seats will only be sold in quantities of two and assigned in adherence with all local and state COVID-19 guidelines.”

The Cardinals will reach out to season ticket-holders in an email Friday with further instructions about how they can attend.

:|

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's about the normal amount isn't it after season tickets are sold to visiting fans?

You must be registered for see images attach

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
SO if I am reading this correctly they are allowing 1200 seats total which means figuring 53 players plus 50-100 coaches and staff. If players and staff are held to the two ticket limit there will be around 800-900 seats left for season ticket holders.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
SO if I am reading this correctly they are allowing 1200 seats total which means figuring 53 players plus 50-100 coaches and staff. If players and staff are held to the two ticket limit there will be around 800-900 seats left for season ticket holders.

The Detroit game they allowed some friends and family as a trial and I believe it was around 700-800 people. So my guess is the amount available for season ticket holders may be closer to 400-500. Since each can buy 2, you're only talking about around 200-250 ticket holders having a chance to go.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
I got an email..I can choose to select 2 seats on Wed 11 am..assuming it hasn't sold out by then (which it probably will)...

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I got an email..I can choose to select 2 seats on Wed 11 am..assuming it hasn't sold out by then (which it probably will)...

@Jttsaz - How long have you had tickets? you must be just ahead of me in the order. My email says Wed @ 12pm.
One interesting note is it says "if spectators are permitted at subsequent home games, the selection process for them will pick up at the point it ended for the Seattle game". So does this mean that if you get tickets to the Seattle game, then you go to the back of the line for future games regardless of seniority? Almost like a waiver claim in fantasy football. That doesn't seem right for longtime ticket holders.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Jttsaz - How long have you had tickets? you must be just ahead of me in the order. My email says Wed @ 12pm.
One interesting note is it says "if spectators are permitted at subsequent home games, the selection process for them will pick up at the point it ended for the Seattle game". So does this mean that if you get tickets to the Seattle game, then you go to the back of the line for future games regardless of seniority? Almost like a waiver claim in fantasy football. That doesn't seem right for longtime ticket holders.

I would assume so.

Why wouldn't it be fair? If only 200-300 are allowed in, should 301-500 get the next crack, etc?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i got the same email and time. I guess what you are saying is there are 2 or 3 groups before us?

I got my season tickets in 1996.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would assume so.

Why wouldn't it be fair? If only 200-300 are allowed in, should 301-500 get the next crack, etc?

Because if I was a ticket holder since 88' (which I am not) I would assume to get first crack at a ticket for any home game. Not just one and then get thrown to the back of the line.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What a truly bizarre and miniscule number to approve for attendance. I guess the science that everyone else has been following in other states to allow far more fans in (with zero outbreak issues so far related to fan attendance that I have heard about) doesn't apply in Arizona.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because if I was a ticket holder since 88' (which I am not) I would assume to get first crack at a ticket for any home game. Not just one and then get thrown to the back of the line.

I know you are just putting up a hypothetical...

I paid for my tickets for 25 years. And, I didn't ask for a refund for this season, but rolled it over. Don't I deserve a shot at a game or two, if I choose to go?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a truly bizarre and miniscule number to approve for attendance. I guess the science that everyone else has been following in other states to allow far more fans in (with zero outbreak issues so far related to fan attendance that I have heard about) doesn't apply in Arizona.

I suspect the fact that Bidwill caught it and went to the hospital is a significant part of that decision.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
I'm a season tix holder since 96..was a flex tix holder before that but not sure if that counts..

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I know you are just putting up a hypothetical...

I paid for my tickets for 25 years. And, I didn't ask for a refund for this season, but rolled it over. Don't I deserve a shot at a game or two, if I choose to go?

Since I don't live in AZ and I don't have a stake in this, I think it's fair to rotate through season ticket holders. Whether you are a first year season holder or a lifetime (since they moved to AZ) everyone paid for season tickets and as an owner I wouldn't want to piss off those who have not held season tickets as long as others. It could have a negative effect. Every ticket holder should have a shot at a game, share the wealth. Spread out the opportunity to go to a game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I don't live in AZ and I don't have a stake in this, I think it's fair to rotate through season ticket holders. Whether you are a first year season holder or a lifetime (since they moved to AZ) everyone paid for season tickets and as an owner I wouldn't want to piss off those who have not held season tickets as long as others. It could have a negative effect. Every ticket holder should have a shot at a game, share the wealth. Spread out the opportunity to go to a game.

Eh... I think if you’ve suffered with this team since Day 1, you should get preference on seats up front. That is massive die hard support for three decades, most of them VERYYYYYYY lean. And maybe I’m colored by the fact that my family is in that group, none of us have any desire to go this season.

I just think there’s something to be said for that level of financial support for a mostly mediocre to awful product and being “rewarded” for it by giving them first crack at tickets.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Eh... I think if you’ve suffered with this team since Day 1, you should get preference on seats up front. That is massive die hard support for three decades, most of them VERYYYYYYY lean. And maybe I’m colored by the fact that my family is in that group, none of us have any desire to go this season.

I just think there’s something to be said for that level of financial support for a mostly mediocre to awful product and being “rewarded” for it by giving them first crack at tickets.

Now if one wants to play devil's advocate, they would say it was your choice to to continually buy season tickets and support the team. I totally understand where you are coming from and there is probably a good chance I would feel the same way put in your shoes. Having no dog in the fight it's easy for me to say spread the wealth for opportunities to go to games. I have nothing invested. You do. The only thing I have invested is making trips to AZ to see a game, merchandise over the years and loyalty to this team for over 50 years Curious though, why would you not go to a game this season?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave