OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playing just better than your opponents and winning is going to bite this team soon. They were in cruise control until Allison's red. This team has dropped two points all year, and probably have only hit 3rd gear. Amazing.

Hopefully they can win in Salsburg to win the group in the Champions League.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty comfortable 2-0 win in Salsburg. They are an exciting team. Hopefully we keep the pace up in the league. 8 points clear.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
One of my cousins is married to a die Hard reds supporter. they went to Anfield for the Man City match last month.

Couldn't stop talking about how electric EPL soccer is in that stadium. Said nothing in the NFL, NBA or Hockey has come close.

I can't wait to get overseas for some matches. Looks like Barcelona in late April is a go and I'm pumped.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my cousins is married to a die Hard reds supporter. they went to Anfield for the Man City match last month.

Couldn't stop talking about how electric EPL soccer is in that stadium. Said nothing in the NFL, NBA or Hockey has come close.

I can't wait to get overseas for some matches. Looks like Barcelona in late April is a go and I'm pumped.

I went in 2017 and saw them in Anfield against Man U. It wasn't as electric as it was a 0-0 game and we hadn't quite hit the heights of where we are now. With that said, it was a tremendous experience and I will be back some day.

I would love to go to the Camp Nou to see a game one day. Why can't I just win the PowerBall?

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An incredible run of form. Haven't been beaten in over a year. Haven't lost at Anfield in over 2 years. Have gone 1.5 entire premier league seasons with only one loss. I would say injuries are the only thing that could derail this team, but we have had our fair share of those (Allison, Fabinho, Oxlade Chamberlin, Matip, etc.) and haven't missed a beat.

I don't know what to do with myself having a team that I support being so dominant. This must be what Patriots fans have felt like the past 15 years.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Guess they aren't the juggernaut we all thought.

Eliminated from the Champions League by Atletico Madrid.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess they aren't the juggernaut we all thought.

Eliminated from the Champions League by Atletico Madrid.

I pretty much expected them to lose. I think the pursuit of going undefeated in the league has brought in the dip in form. If Alisson was healthy, I think they win the tie.

I'm more than happy with winning the league this year and retooling for next.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liverpool clinched the title with Chelsea beating City last night. I had a drink to celebate. Finally after 30+ years of watching sports religiously I have a team that finally won a title.

It is a really weird time to win a championship with so much going on.

Liverpool have a lot of records to play for, clinching a few already along the way.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Liverpool clinched the title with Chelsea beating City last night. I had a drink to celebate. Finally after 30+ years of watching sports religiously I have a team that finally won a title.

It is a really weird time to win a championship with so much going on.

Liverpool have a lot of records to play for, clinching a few already along the way.

You know, I really take being a Penguins fan for granted. Congrats on finally getting a championship, DCR! I'm so glad the league could come back to finish up. Wouldn't have been fair to have a title or relegations/demotions otherwise. Glad you aren't walking alone, buddy!

Heck, even Newcastle might get something out of this. They can get to the semis of the FA cup if they just beat Man C--if they just beat--if they can, in the Man City game--yeah, I can't even finish the thought for laughing. But, hey, dreaming is free, right?

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liverpool have started out the season well enough, except for the fact that 4 players have tested positive. (already scrubbed the 7-2 drubbing)

Tsimikas, Thiago, and Mane all testing positive with now Keita testing. Could be as many as 5 if Shaqiri's false positive is actually a positive test.

I have no clue why with everything going on that LFC didn't prevent all players from going away on INTL duty.

Stout

Reaction score
Liverpool have started out the season well enough, except for the fact that 4 players have tested positive. (already scrubbed the 7-2 drubbing)

Tsimikas, Thiago, and Mane all testing positive with now Keita testing. Could be as many as 5 if Shaqiri's false positive is actually a positive test.

I have no clue why with everything going on that LFC didn't prevent all players from going away on INTL duty.

Because they can't. It may seem counter-intuitive, but the club has nothing to say about the player going off on international duty. It's up to the player and the country. They can express strong opinions--especially when the player is injured--but that's all they can do. There's been many a row between club and country over this very issue.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because they can't. It may seem counter-intuitive, but the club has nothing to say about the player going off on international duty. It's up to the player and the country. They can express strong opinions--especially when the player is injured--but that's all they can do. There's been many a row between club and country over this very issue.

Yeah. Seems pretty silly with everything going on.

You could put them on an injury list I guess if we wanted to get technical about it.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technically it wouldn't matter.

They don't have to release them if they were considered injured. I remember Bayern doing that with Alaba.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
this one is hard because all of the players deserve the opportunity to play for their country, but I do think they have too many tournaments going on, with or without covid. maybe the international tournaments should consider the stress that the players are under. It is really on FIFA leadership and the international management coalition to come together to ask if some of these friendly tournaments have value added during a pandemic. As long as they are calling up their players, the players are going to feel compelled to answer the call. Any time that I player forgoes an opportunity, they run the risk of being left off in the future. And if the clubs try to keep their players from going, that will just hurt the morale of their players and that can eventually kill the dressing room. I do think that on a case by case basis the clubs will step in if a player is not fit. I think most recently England had an issue with Harry Kane and there was a spat between Southgate and Mourinho.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VAR is rightly getting blasted over the Merseyside darby. Not only did Pickford dangerously tackle Van Dijk and tear his ACL, he didn't even get called a foul over it.

Top that with dis-allowing a goal that was clearing onside and costing the team 2 points and the share of 1st place.

Man, this one stings so hard.

Stout

Reaction score
VAR is rightly getting blasted over the Merseyside darby. Not only did Pickford dangerously tackle Van Dijk and tear his ACL, he didn't even get called a foul over it.

Top that with dis-allowing a goal that was clearing onside and costing the team 2 points and the share of 1st place.

Man, this one stings so hard.

Oh, that was an epic crap show. I saw the whole game. Can't count the number of ways Liverfool got hosed. Oh, damn, it's a torn ACL? Wow. He should AT LEAST have gotten a red card after the game by the panel, should Pickford.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, that was an epic crap show. I saw the whole game. Can't count the number of ways Liverfool got hosed. Oh, damn, it's a torn ACL? Wow. He should AT LEAST have gotten a red card after the game by the panel, should Pickford.

Yep. It was pretty brutal. Pretty sad when the officials don't even know the VAR rules.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Cortois and Salah went at it for sure. I think Salah was really good, but aside from him there was not a lot of positive chances for Liverpool in the final 3rd, in spite of all of their possession. L'Pool were very poor with their delivery into the box on set pieces as well. between the two I wanted Liverpool to win so I was a little disappointed in the lack of finishing on their part.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cortois and Salah went at it for sure. I think Salah was really good, but aside from him there was not a lot of positive chances for Liverpool in the final 3rd, in spite of all of their possession. L'Pool were very poor with their delivery into the box on set pieces as well. between the two I wanted Liverpool to win so I was a little disappointed in the lack of finishing on their part.
Liverpool was just tired after their season. 2 of 4 trophies is a great haul. So close with the Premier League and CL to making it a quad.

With Sadio Mane looking to go to Bayern and Salah and possibly Firmino leaving on a free next summer, this team might look quite different soon. :(

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Liverpool was just tired after their season. 2 of 4 trophies is a great haul. So close with the Premier League and CL to making it a quad.

With Sadio Mane looking to go to Bayern and Salah and possibly Firmino leaving on a free next summer, this team might look quite different soon. :(
it was a great campaign for Liverpool. they were very close to the quadruple which is unthinkable. I do think they are better than Real Madrid for sure, and it is strange how City seem to have the PL on lock, but they cannot match Liverpool in UCL. I think it is odd that some of the players want to leave Liverpool. I can definitely see some changes on the horizon. I really love how Spurs doing ATM, if they can get a few more adds to what they already have with Perisic, I can see them being more of a contender next season.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was a great campaign for Liverpool. they were very close to the quadruple which is unthinkable. I do think they are better than Real Madrid for sure, and it is strange how City seem to have the PL on lock, but they cannot match Liverpool in UCL. I think it is odd that some of the players want to leave Liverpool. I can definitely see some changes on the horizon. I really love how Spurs doing ATM, if they can get a few more adds to what they already have with Perisic, I can see them being more of a contender next season.
Mane was only getting paid 100k/wk which is pretty criminal when it comes down to it. There are about 5 or 6 players making more than Mane on the team. I'm not surprised he wants to leave.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
With all of the Mane/Salah/Firmino trio hitting the end of their prime, it seems inevitable that there would be some new blood brought in. Jota and Diaz have been excellent additions, and should be a capable substitute for Mane. I'd still like to see a real difference maker added to the midfield, probably even moreso than a forward. Some of the young guys (Elliott/Jones) show real promise but hopefully there is a big name signing.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all of the Mane/Salah/Firmino trio hitting the end of their prime, it seems inevitable that there would be some new blood brought in. Jota and Diaz have been excellent additions, and should be a capable substitute for Mane. I'd still like to see a real difference maker added to the midfield, probably even moreso than a forward. Some of the young guys (Elliott/Jones) show real promise but hopefully there is a big name signing.
I only think Firmino has hit the end of their prime. Mane and Salah have a lot of football left. My guess is that Mane goes to Bayern for the 40M mark and they play hardball on the Salah wages. I don't see them paying 400k a week.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose