Marcus Gilbert LT $8 million for zero plays

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great signing Keim

Mikes gotta love it! $8 million for a guy who was injured when you signed him. He’s not played one down and now he’s an unrestricted free agent.

he’s signed way too many injured players

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This isn’t particularly fair. We knew the risk we were taking on Gilbert. $8 million for a starting-quality RT is a good price if it worked out.
And not a large pool of healthy good player were available.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
lots to criticize Keim for... this isnt really one of them

the fact that Gilbert tore his ACL in the last practice before the season started is more bad luck than poor decision

i think the real criticism is that when a player with an injury history got injured ... you were starting a guy claimed off waivers.

i dont have an issue taking a risk on a pro-bowl tackle -- i have an issue with not keeping a backup plan ready

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Make sure Fitz takes a $4 million paycut.

The Cardinals remind me of an NBA team signing injured players just to hit the salary cap floor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don’t forget Garcia.

That was a smart move, you take a guard who is injured and expected to be on PUP, then you have an experienced backup mid season, if needed.

The OL moves were solid this year, since the draft was weak for OL and so was free agency. I want Keim gone, but I credit him this.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This was a 100 percent moronic move from the get-go, and now, in retrospect, it's still stupid. Let's throw money at the oft injured lineman, then be surprised when he gets injured? lol

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great signing Keim

Mikes gotta love it! $8 million for a guy who was injured when you signed him. He’s not played one down and now he’s an unrestricted free agent.

he’s signed way too many injured players
This is all you could come up with today?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a smart move, you take a guard who is injured and expected to be on PUP, then you have an experienced backup mid season, if needed.

The OL moves were solid this year, since the draft was weak for OL and so was free agency. I want Keim gone, but I credit him this.
Has Garcia played at all this year and are we counting on him to be part of the starting unit next year?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has Garcia played at all this year and are we counting on him to be part of the starting unit next year?

He was injured until two weeks ago. And I can't see him forcing Pugh or Sweezy to the bench. And, Cole has got plays at both G spots even when Garcia finally got active.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
How do you predict a guy is going to tear his ACL?
While it’s admittedly hard to predict a specific injury, his history indicated he’d tear something. Some players just reach that point. The Steelers predicted he was there.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Marcus doesn’t know how much fun he is missing. For the experts on the board: any chance he can opt back in?

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The signing doesn't look near as bad if you compare it to the Bradford signing , so I hope this was helpful !!!