Adam Sandler movies ranked worst to first......

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a horrible list. For one reason, Coneheads and Bulletproof, while weak movies, are far better than MANY movies ranked above them which leads me to believe someone ranked these movies without actually watching all of them (smart person). And secondly, it's supposed to be a list of 45 "Sandler movies" but from what I can see it doesn't show the top 15.

A better list would be "The 45 people that have seen all 45 of these movies". Even that very short list would be populated mostly by people with the last name Sandler.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched most of these movies and perhaps only two or three all the way through.

Maybe "Anger Management", "The Wedding Singer" and "The Longest Yard."

I'd like to see "Uncut Gems."

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of the so-called Sandler movies listed that I've actually seen, I'd rank them this this way:

Wedding Singer
Happy Gilmore
50 First Dates
Big Daddy
Waterboy
Hotel Transylvania
Murder Mystery
Bulletproof
Coneheads
Billy Madison
Click
Mr Deeds
You Don't Mess With the Zohan
Little Nicky
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
Grown Ups
Airheads
Zookeeper
Blended
Just Go With It
The Do-Over
The Ridiculous 6
Jack and Jill

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched most of these movies and perhaps only two or three all the way through.

Maybe "Anger Management", "The Wedding Singer" and "The Longest Yard."

I'd like to see "Uncut Gems."

He's not an acquired taste IMO, you either like him and his humor or you don't. Personally I like his humor but even still, many of his movies fall flat even for my tastes. As a result, he's one of the few talents I often watch but never recommend to strangers OR friends. But I will say this, if you watched The Wedding Singer and didn't enjoy the movie, I'd stay far away from most of his catalog.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not an acquired taste IMO, you either like him and his humor or you don't. Personally I like his humor but even still, many of his movies fall flat even for my tastes. As a result, he's one of the few talents I often watch but never recommend to strangers OR friends. But I will say this, if you watched The Wedding Singer and didn't enjoy the movie, I'd stay far away from most of his catalog.

I watched the "The Wedding Singer" because I liked Drew Barrymore and "Anger Management" because of Jack Nicholson. We agree, it's not an acquired taste.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AzStevenCal

OT:

I did like a handful of Ben Stiller movies like "Meet the Parents" and "Meet the Fockers." Also "There is Something About Mary" and "Night at the Museum." They are probably the exception not the rule.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Of the so-called Sandler movies listed that I've actually seen, I'd rank them this this way:

Wedding Singer
Happy Gilmore
50 First Dates
Big Daddy
Waterboy
Hotel Transylvania
Murder Mystery
Bulletproof
Coneheads
Billy Madison
Click
Mr Deeds
Little Nicky
Grown Ups
Airheads
Zookeeper
Blended
Just Go With It
The Do-Over
The Ridiculous 6
Jack and Jill
You're either a glutton for punishment or have a ton of time on your hands. Probably both.

What an exercise in futility.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're either a glutton for punishment or have a ton of time on your hands. Probably both.

What an exercise in futility.

Lots of time on my hand plus I'm sort of an Adam Sandler fan. By sort of I mean I enjoyed 5 or 6 of his movies and found another half dozen to be almost watchable. And there were another 3 or 4 of his movies that I could watch without feeling the need to hunt down and destroy everyone connected with the project. So, like I said, sort of an Adam Sandler fan.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a horrible list. For one reason, Coneheads and Bulletproof, while weak movies, are far better than MANY movies ranked above them which leads me to believe someone ranked these movies without actually watching all of them (smart person). And secondly, it's supposed to be a list of 45 "Sandler movies" but from what I can see it doesn't show the top 15.

A better list would be "The 45 people that have seen all 45 of these movies". Even that very short list would be populated mostly by people with the last name Sandler.

sadly, I have seen all of those. Even The Cobbler and The Do Over... where Adam Sandler is a super spy who cures cancer.

you read that right.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I can’t scroll halfway down that article without the page reloading. He had one helluva streak from from 95’-02’ with the exception of a couple stinkers.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wedding Singer, 50 First Dates and Happy Gilmore are my faves.

“Could I trouble you for a glass of warm milk? It helps put me asleep”

“You could trouble me for a warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP. Now you will go to sleep, or I will put you to sleep. Check out the name tag. You’re in my world now, grandma”

lmaoooooooo, still a scene I quote frequently

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Gilmore
Big Daddy
Little Nicky
Billy MAdison
Airheads.

The rest I will pass on. All of these are gold with airheads being my lowest rated.

Honerable mention for 50 first dates. Never really cared for wedding singer besides the line about his guns n roses shirt.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Wedding Singer
Happy Gilmore
50 First Dates
Big Daddy
Waterboy
Hotel Transylvania
Murder Mystery
Bulletproof
Coneheads
Billy Madison
Click
Mr Deeds
Little Nicky
Grown Ups
Airheads
Zookeeper
Blended
Just Go With It
The Do-Over
The Ridiculous 6
Jack and Jill
No Spanglish? I actually liked that one but maybe because my wife is Spanish, or I have very bad tastes in movies. Or both.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I actually liked these a lot:

The Waterboy
Reign Over Me
Coneheads

I don't know how anything can be worse than Going Overboard.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How you can like Sandler and have billy Madison so low down is beyond me.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually liked these a lot:

The Waterboy
Reign Over Me
Coneheads

I don't know how anything can be worse than Going Overboard.
Going overboard might be the worst thing I ever watched ten minutes of

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How you can like Sandler and have billy Madison so low down is beyond me.

I really despised it the first time I watched it although there were several laughs and the whole Buscemi story line was great. I can't remember who all was in the conversation but we talked about this movie (on this forum) several years ago and as a result I gave in and watched it a second time. I liked it a little better but still found most of the story line to be abrasively juvenile and again, I loved the Buscemi moments. Other than Buscemi and the handful of funny moments though, I felt like I was watching an uncensored Jerry Lewis movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really despised it the first time I watched it although there were several laughs and the whole Buscemi story line was great. I can't remember who all was in the conversation but we talked about this movie (on this forum) several years ago and as a result I gave in and watched it a second time. I liked it a little better but still found most of the story line to be abrasively juvenile and again, I loved the Buscemi moments. Other than Buscemi and the handful of funny moments though, I felt like I was watching an uncensored Jerry Lewis movie.

the “Do you have any more gum” musical number at the end of act 2 alone puts it in Sandler’s top 3.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose