How good would this team with Ceedee Lamb?

Cards4thebowl

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He looks like like a young TO out there we would literally be the Greatest Show On the Desert.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's obviously really good but making decisions on a WR after they played Atlanta seems like a risky proposition

Week 1 Russell Wilson 322 yards passing 4 TD's, 2 receivers over 90 yards. The Falcons have allowed 78 points in 2 games , 372 yards passing per game.

Honestly Dallas getting only 1 TD almost looks bad

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He's obviously really good but making decisions on a WR after they played Atlanta seems like a risky proposition

Week 1 Russell Wilson 322 yards passing 4 TD's, 2 receivers over 90 yards. The Falcons have allowed 78 points in 2 games , 372 yards passing per game.

To be fair Wilson had an even better game than that this week against the Pats.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think he may be more Torry Holt than TO, he just isn't built to play TO's game. I really liked Lamb and had we traded down he'd have been a good choice but the defense needed help and we took one of the few consensus defensive blue chips in the draft.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Not as good as we are with DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, and Andy Isabella.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair Wilson had an even better game than that this week against the Pats.

Oh it's 2 games I don't know if Atlanta is horrible or they just played 2 good QB's either.

I'm just saying it's hard to make any judgements on a passing game using Atlanta because so far their pass defense is horrible.

I think Lamb is terrific, I was fine taking him or Jeudy until we got Hopkins. I wouldn't have screamed if we still took one of them but I'm still happy with taking Simmons I think he's going to be a great player for us.

Lamb was the obvious rookie WR that figured to have a big impact, Dallas led the NFL in yards last year and were 2nd in passing yards, 5th in rushing yardage. They basically brought back the skills guys minus Cobb and Witten. So it was pretty clear Lamb was going to replace Cobb and have a chance to put up big numbers and it looks like he will. I have no idea who their TE is.

I think he'd be terrific for us too.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I dont understand this logic. Dak had 3 1 yard TD runs. Its why I no longer care too much about passer rating. No need to force a pass when you can get in the endzone via a QB draw or by a RB

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Once we traded for Hopkins, there was NO WAY we were going to draft Lamb. I loved the kid, but the trade freed us up to draft defense, which was a necessity. Give Simmons the time he missed with no camp & we can discuss the pick then.

Are we thinking November?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he may be more Torry Holt than TO, he just isn't built to play TO's game. I really liked Lamb and had we traded down he'd have been a good choice but the defense needed help and we took one of the few consensus defensive blue chips in the draft.

Both he and Jeudy are going to have to get stronger it's really the one thing you notice with them both they look slender compared to lots of other NFL WR's. So does Hopkins and he seems to be just fine so maybe it won't matter. Jeudy took a big hit over the middle in the 2nd quarter and had to come off for a bit, but came back in and finished the game despite clearly being in some pain. Not that all NFL Wr's aren't at risk of that but I think both guys will probably need to get a bit stronger to protect themselves there.

If Simmons continues to struggle well into the season I'll be a lot more of the we should have taken the WR I guess but I loved the pick at the time and it's still too early for me to write him off.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont understand this logic. Dak had 3 1 yard TD runs. Its why I no longer care too much about passer rating. No need to force a pass when you can get in the endzone via a QB draw or by a RB

I was joking. They put up 40 points I was just saying they only had 1 passing TD.

I didn't see the game just the highlights, looks like Lamb was huge in that game

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Watched every snap...and I really underrated this guy.

His toughness and YAC ability has translated to the NFL.

Now he does have a vet QB and two very good WRs next to him, but still..

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This was the one time Kyler Murray didn’t get his way. Bidwill and Keim have catered to Murray’s every request except the first round pick this offseason. Maybe they should have listened to him.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unstoppable. With Isabella being able to work and exploit mismatches underneath

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose