1,264 yards

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That’s how many rushing yards Kyler is on pace for this season...Just saying.

His legs are the X factor...If he throws for 4,000 plus yards, rushes for over 1,000 yards and the Cards get 10 plus wins...Please welcome your 2020 League MVP and the next cover athlete of Madden 22.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He’s been fantastic and probably not even a top-5 QB so far this year. The rushing numbers will have to be record breaking to get legit MVP consideration.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s fun but honestly I don’t want him rushing for 1200+

Id rather most rushing yard come from the RB position and him accurately and wisely pin point his WR with his arm. He needs to rush just enough to have a threat I think 700-800 max would be perfect

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s been fantastic and probably not even a top-5 QB so far this year. The rushing numbers will have to be record breaking to get legit MVP consideration.
So its

Russ
Rodgers
Josh Allen (yes he's been amazing)
Mahomes
Lamar

as my top 5 MVP candidates.

I might have put Cam in there (they have nothing outside of Edleman) if he had beat the Pats.

Kyler's gotta rack up TD passes and cut out the ints. These qbs are putting up absurd #s.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s fun but honestly I don’t want him rushing for 1200+

Id rather most rushing yard come from the RB position and him accurately and wisely pin point his WR with his arm. He needs to rush just enough to have a threat I think 700-800 max would be perfect
The hope is that all this rushing slows down the pass rush so he can sit back and throw.

700 is ideal.

I'd rather he throw for close to 4500 yards. Seems like we've left some passing plays out there.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So its

Russ
Rodgers
Mahomes
Lamar

I might have put Cam in there (they have nothing outside of Edleman) if he had beat the Pats.

Kyler's gotta rack up TD passes and cut out the ints. These qbs are putting up absurd #s.

Those were all playoff teams last year and a Super Bowl champion. They were all expected to be very good again. The Cardinals were 5-10-1. IF, I say IF, the Cardinals move into that tier Murray will have had a great season and will be an extremely popular choice.

But, it's just a lot of hot air to talk MVP right now

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He has looked improved but there is still a ton of room for improvement. MVP is going to Russel Wilson this season.
He's on pace (I know it's early) to put up bigger numbers than last year's MVP Lamar Jackson. If the team wins a lot in the process of putting up those numbers he will have a very good chance at the MVP.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love Kyler. It’s not a slam to say he needs to still get better. He would say the same thing.

Little things like throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage to avoid intentional grounding. He sometimes gets a little impatient And misses some open receivers, but he is miles ahead of last year. He now strikes fear in the hearts of defenses.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Love Kyler. It’s not a slam to say he needs to still get better. He would say the same thing.

Little things like throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage to avoid intentional grounding. He sometimes gets a little impatient And misses some open receivers, but he is miles ahead of last year. He now strikes fear in the hearts of defenses.

It really speaks to the ceiling that he has.

He looked sloppy yesterday yet still looked dominant. If he can clean up some of the throw on the plays, a missed read with Hop, there is really no limit to what he can do

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Having faced maybe the 2 best D-lines in football, Kyler has had to use his feet to slow down their pursuit. I wouldn’t expect that much running in the future. It’s very obvious that Kyler has thickened up quite a bit. I just hope the extra mass hasn’t slowed his release or messed with his accuracy. I’m not saying that’s the case, but I’m watching closely.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's early but the way Russell Wilson has started if he is even 50% this good the rest of the way it's going to be tough to beat him for MVP

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When he scrambles he rarely make something with his arm, or he keep running or throw it on sideline
This is a' aspect of the game he need to improve, he doesn't seem to be clear headed when he scrambles, like if he is confused and can't have a good vision of his receivers downfield

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So its

Russ
Rodgers
Mahomes
Lamar

I like how Keim wanted to trade up for Josh Allen but missed out just like Mahomes

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Apparently the guy responsible for picking up Hopkins on that TD catch (Collins) was quoted after the game saying that he was worried about Murray running and that's why he lost Hopkins. Just one example and many more to come where players miss coverage assignments worrying about Murray running.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Apparently the guy responsible for picking up Hopkins on that TD catch (Collins) was quoted after the game saying that he was worried about Murray running and that's why he lost Hopkins. Just one example and many more to come where players miss coverage assignments worrying about Murray running.

This, plus the speed of Isabella will scare a lot of defenses. Plus Legend Larry knows how to find the soft spots of a zone. Pick your poison

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The hope is that all this rushing slows down the pass rush so he can sit back and throw.

700 is ideal.

I'd rather he throw for close to 4500 yards. Seems like we've left some passing plays out there.
Perfectly said. The wheel route Edmonds ran across the Middle was perfectly ran & KM over shot him & he knew it. He ended up running it in like the next play or two anyway. I'm like you on this, I'd rather him pass for 4500 & run for 700-800. Keep the threat of him running real so he can throw the ball downfield. Loved the 54 yard pass to Isabella, he caught it with his body once again but at this point I really don't care how he catches it as long as he does. Move the chains.

OP
OP
JosiahLee

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's early but the way Russell Wilson has started if he is even 50% this good the rest of the way it's going to be tough to beat him for MVP

I think what Kyler has going for him is no one predicted the Cards to be contenders...And if they go from 5 wins to 10, 11, or more, I think that factor alone is gonna get him a ton of votes.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think what Kyler has going for him is no one predicted the Cards to be contenders...And if they go from 5 wins to 10, 11, or more, I think that factor alone is gonna get him a ton of votes.
Didnt feel like making a thread (unless you do). Found this interesting..

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

4 hrs later..
business has picked up

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At the 2:32 mark you can see where Kyler can get better at.

Those are the Russell Wilson and Mahomes plays he's not quite making yet. He scrambles to the right (picks up 6 yards), but you can see DeAndre Hopkins open downfield.

That extra 20+ yards if he can keep his eyes up and fire the football to the wr. With a WR like Hopkins he might break a tackle and get the TD.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the 2:32 mark you can see where Kyler can get better at.

Those are the Russell Wilson and Mahomes plays he's not quite making yet. He scrambles to the right (picks up 6 yards), but you can see DeAndre Hopkins open downfield.

That extra 20+ yards if he can keep his eyes up and fire the football to the wr. With a WR like Hopkins he might break a tackle and get the TD.
There was a few times during the game where he locked into a WR... the announcers stated that he had wide open WRs that he could have thrown to and he’s just not seeing it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In the off season the kid really needs to work on throwing on the run

also.... run to the outside then reset to pass

like Jura said we get way too little out of his scrambles
Baby steps are nice but it’s time to make a leap