Social Issues and the NFL P&R Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Definitely leaning towards the willfully ignorant than racist. How can people expect to be treated fairly when people like you can't even admit a problem exists.
It's obvious that somebody has some problems but it's not of my doing. I haven't done anything to anybody and won't. Some people's problems have no solution because they would rather lay blame than to try to fix it themselves.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's obvious that somebody has some problems but it's not of my doing. I haven't done anything to anybody and won't. Some people's problems have no solution because they would rather lay blame than to try to fix it themselves.

If you aren't a part of the solution, you are part of the problem. You are part of the problem.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully by calling you out, I would cause you to have some outrospection. Probably futile, but change doesn't happen by standing idle.
I have no reason to change because I refuse to let people tell me something is wrong with me because it isn't. You don't know anything about me and you have no business trying to make me feel guilty or manufacture some white priviledge BS

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no reason to change because I refuse to let people tell me something is wrong with me because it isn't. You don't know anything about me and you have no business trying to make me feel guilty or manufacture some white priviledge BS

if you're telling people to stop advocating for equal rights and that doing so annoys you to the point that you'd forgo watching something you love, no one needs to manufacture anything wrong with with you.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See there you go. You don't agree with me, which is fine with me, but you have to call me a racist. YOU are the problem not me.

the fact that you choose racist out of the three choices again says you might want to do a little introspection. that which bothers people the most usually is born from a place of truth.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let me know when you figure how to manufacture equality. Many people would like to know
You get it by telling everyone who disagrees with your opinion to fall in line because you are right and they are wrong.. ya know, old school stuff. Weird how beating others over the head for decades hasn't produced the perception of less division and more equality.. hmm

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
or people are just tired of liberals calling everyone who doesn't agree with them a racist.
Or people are angry on having the light of truth shed on them forcing them to take responsibility for their (in)actions and thoughts patterns. By and large most people don’t like change. Particularly when the status quo favors them. But change is afoot and the best way to deal with it for those that are uncomfortable with it is to try to understand it and work with it, not fight it. When a flash flood hits you you’re better off trying to swim with the current and find your spot than to swim against it. The flash flood is here - and it’s a good thing for our society.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Or people are angry on having the light of truth shed on them forcing them to take responsibility for their (in)actions and thoughts patterns. By and large most people don’t like change. Particularly when the status quo favors them. But change is afoot and the best way to deal with it for those that are uncomfortable with it is to try to understand it and work with it, not fight it. When a flash flood hits you you’re better off trying to swim with the current and find your spot than to swim against it. The flash flood is here - and it’s a good thing for our society.
Look back 5 years from now and not a dam thing will be changed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or people are just tired of liberals calling everyone who doesn't agree with them a racist.

I thought it was liberals that got triggered all of the time?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look back 5 years ago and you should see what has already changed.

Hell, you can look back earlier this summer and see how many police reforms have been instituted across the country since Floyd’s Murder.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look back 5 years ago and you should see what has already changed.

you can also look back just three years ago and see that @tnmike is all talk no action as he specifically started the repugnant “to the players compelled” thread where he said if the players were going to kneel, he’d stop watching football!

well, the players have been kneeling for 3 years and yet... he’s still watching. So, not only is he posting stuff making him look racist, he’s also apparently got no principles as a man of his word.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/to-players-compelled.254951/

put up or shut up already @tnmike

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Getting rid of slavery was only the first step.
Getting rid of slavery was the right thing to do. But I don't know anyone alive in several generations that were slaves or owned slaves. Again, 5 years from now nothing will have changed. In the U S today with a few exceptions most people hold the key to their own destiny.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You should realize that it was liberals getting triggered and calling people racists that caused me to make that comment.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
Why do people automatically default to politics when the matter of equality is introduced? The gestures from athletes take nothing away from the entertainment value of the game.

Equal rights is not a political stance; it’s a barometer for morality.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting rid of slavery was the right thing to do. But I don't know anyone alive in several generations that were slaves or owned slaves. Again, 5 years from now nothing will have changed. In the U S today with a few exceptions most people hold the key to their own destiny.

Segregation of the 1950s and 1960s is not that long ago.

The Civil Rights Act didn't happen until 1964 and the Voting Rights Act didn't occur until 1965. Laws change quicker than the minds of men as they pass their thoughts and ideas to younger generations.

Again change happens in steps... not all at one time. Change will assuredly happen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do people automatically default to politics when the matter of equality is introduced? The gestures from athletes take nothing away from the entertainment value of the game.

Equal rights is not a political stance; it’s a barometer for morality.

Simple. Because politics is how laws get changed that measure equality.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Segregation of the 1950s and 1960s is not that long ago.

The Civil Rights Act didn't happen until 1964 and the Voting Rights Act didn't occur until 1965. Laws change quicker than the minds of men as they pass their thoughts and ideas to younger generations.

Again change happens in steps... not all at one time. Change will assuredly happen.

gay people were only given the right to employment without discrimination THIS year. They only got the right to marry 5 years ago. Change happens. Slowly but surely. The only way it doesn't is people trying to stop it or saying it's impossible... like @tnmike .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose